you know that the lego tires are often too wide for their diameter or the pattern is only street legal and nothing for real offroad driving.

now i have found some RC crawler tires which fits nearly perfect to the 8110 unimog rims.

the tires came from the german manufacturer ansmann and have the number 211000224

the diameter is 108mm and the width is 40mm

or 4,25"x1,45"- 1,9"

they are ballon tires with a very soft rubber compound and with a foam inside

here some pics

101_9347.jpg

101_9348.jpg

101_9349.jpg

if you know some other compatible third part tires, please tell it us.

a set of two tires (including RC rims) costs roundabout 20 euros.

could please a mod combine the topics?

a set of two tires (including RC rims) costs roundabout 20 euros.

How do they perform? Do they slip?

tim

currently i have only two tires so i couldnt test it on a vehicle, but tested with my hands the grip is much higher than the 94.8 tires from lego.

Think of how much better those German tires would look on the 44772 wheels which were used in 8110 Unimog U400, the 8297 Offroader, and to be supplied with the upcoming 9398 4x4 Crawler set:

44772.jpg7262873964_0cbc7623d3_z.jpg

Edited by DLuders

iam not sure whats your intention with this post, because these are exactly the same rims which i have used

Edited by efferman

Yes, I know -- those BIG TIRES would look better on the upcoming 9398 4x4 Crawler set than the undersized ones that will be supplied by The Lego Group. Your big German 3rd-party tires are more suitable for Rock Crawlers than the ones used for the 8297 Off Roader set: :classic:

lego-8297-technic-off-roader-[2]-12232-p.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Do you know the weight for one of these tires or if they are heavier than the ones on the Unimog?

Thanks for the information, I will have to see if I can find these tires over here as the ones on the upcoming crawler look a little too small.

Do you know the weight for one of these tires or if they are heavier than the ones on the Unimog?

unimog 66 grams with rim, the crawler tire has 97 grams with unimog rim

unimog 66 grams with rim, the crawler tire has 97 grams with unimog rim

Ouch! Those are going to be much harder to drive!! I guess its okay though since we've been blessed with the gray after-steering gear reduction portal piece thingy from the Unimog default_tong.gif

today arrived my other tire sets. one set i have choosed with steel rims, because they are cheaper. but unfortunately the tires are glued to the rims, so you should look for beadlocks.

That tires are fantastic!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

I have one question... Can slide the tire over the rim?? as the 94.8x44 tires...

Edited by Sheepo

I have the 8297 Off Roader in my hands, and am measuring the 44772 Wheel + 54120 94.8 x 44 Balloon Tire. The Lego tire's inside diameter is ~54mm (2-1/8"). The 3rd-party tire that Efferman found has 108mm outer diameter x 37mm width x 48mm inner diameter, or 4.25"x1.45" - 1.9" . The width of Lego 44772 Wheel = 34mm.

There is a useful RC "Scale Truck and Crawler Tires Comparison Chart" on MyRCBox.com . The next size larger than 48mm (1.9") inside diameter is 56mm (2.2") -- too large for the 44772 to use without slipping.

44772.jpg54120.jpg

That tires are fantastic!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

I have one question... Can slide the tire over the rim?? as the 94.8x44 tires...

no, the tire fits very tight to the rim.

Hey,

I have an RC jeep and I tryed it on my trail truck.

The tires don't slip in the rims when driving,and they are better for outdoor use than those from the 8297 set :thumbup:

Tibivi

i have made a testchassis to compare the tires. thanks to zblj for the inspiring beast trial truck. and i have made a short video

i think the performance is better than the performance of the lego tires

Good demonstration!

I guess the larger tire diameter is a decisive factor for the better performance surpassing this obstacle.