Sign in to follow this  
glendo

Inception in Lego

http://www.news.com.au/technology/lego-reboot-inception-dream-brought-to-life/story-e6frfro0-1226393431937

(from the webpage)

HOW good was Inception.

That wasn't a question, a rhetorical question, or even an opinion.

It was a fact. (And, frankly, if you didn't like then you didn't get it.)

Now imagine Inception with LEGO. Yep. That's what we thought.

It took VFX - a small team of visual effects and concept design students - around 1000 hours to make over a three-month period, but it was worth it.

The result is a trailer that parodies famous moments from Christopher Nolan's 148-minute dream narrative. Permission to drool, granted

There's something pure about watching that legendary hallway fight scene recreated with small, snaplock plastic figures.

It's LEGO Inception. We don't need to oversell this.

434820-inception.jpg

Edited by glendo

I love Inception! It's one of my favorite movies, actually.

This video is very well done. The car roll fight scene is good work, especially when you consider the complexity of the original one.

Very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing it. :classic:

Edited by johnnyvgoode

HOW good was Inception.

That wasn't a question, a rhetorical question, or even an opinion.

It was a fact. (And, frankly, if you didn't like then you didn't get it.)

Now imagine Inception with LEGO. Yep. That's what we thought.

It took VFX - a small team of visual effects and concept design students - around 1000 hours to make over a three-month period, but it was worth it.

The result is a trailer that parodies famous moments from Christopher Nolan's 148-minute dream narrative. Permission to drool, granted

There's something pure about watching that legendary hallway fight scene recreated with small, snaplock plastic figures.

It's LEGO Inception. We don't need to oversell this.

I was about to post a rant about this comment until I noticed it was just copied entirely from the link. :hmpf:

And 3d renders of Lego just don't look right to me. If it's not a brickfilm, it's not worth watching. :sceptic:

If it's not a brickfilm, it's not worth watching. :sceptic:

That's a huge statement! Even Lego does 3D animations. I accept it if you say that you personally don't enjoy them, but that's far from saying they are not "worth watching". Some people probably took a long time to work on this... :sceptic:

It's good and everything, but I agree with this:

I was about to post a rant about this comment until I noticed it was just copied entirely from the link. :hmpf:

And 3d renders of Lego just don't look right to me. If it's not a brickfilm, it's not worth watching. :sceptic:

Yep. To me, it's not recreated in Lego. Just like I prefer "in the brick" MOCs, I prefer "in the brick" brickfilms. Not saying I have anything against LDD (I've made MOCs in it before), but real bricks are still better.

Yep. To me, it's not recreated in Lego. Just like I prefer "in the brick" MOCs, I prefer "in the brick" brickfilms. Not saying I have anything against LDD (I've made MOCs in it before), but real bricks are still better.

It'd be obscenely impressive if it were an actual brickfilm, although I suspect it'd border on the impossible. It's still very cool though, I like the way they've carried across some of the humour style from things like TLG's own videos and the TT games.

It'd be obscenely impressive if it were an actual brickfilm, although I suspect it'd border on the impossible. It's still very cool though, I like the way they've carried across some of the humour style from things like TLG's own videos and the TT games.

That's true...and I re-watched the video, and gave some thought, and realized how great it actually is. I do love TLG's videos and games, and that's pretty much the same as this. And LDD is awesome too. :tongue:

What if the quality was so good that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference? :wink: