caparica

Modular Madness: Pocket Park

indexed.gif B-OM-26A

A pocket park is a small park accessible to the general public. Pocket parks are frequently created on a single vacant building lot, as is this urban park.

pp_fin_01.png

There is service area at the back:

pp_fin_06.png

Another view:

pp_fin_02.png

Some detail:

pp_fin_03.png

That's it :classic:

You are aware of our Modular Madness contest, more specifically category 2? :wink:

Thanks for the tip! :classic:

Yes, I am; however it would be against the rules, this MOC was already posted at the LUGBRASIL forum (www.lugbrasil.com). :sad:

Shame its not eligible because its a great park.

One question though, if this has a building on either side, and presumably many others, how do you access the service area?

Shame its not eligible because its a great park.

One question though, if this has a building on either side, and presumably many others, how do you access the service area?

There is a white door inside the park (it is at the left of the maintance guy). You can see it better at this picture:

pp_01_03.png

Going back I noticed it now. The perspective threw me off as I thought the water area ta the back was deeper than it is. Top notch park BTW.

Going back I noticed it now. The perspective threw me off as I thought the water area ta the back was deeper than it is. Top notch park BTW.

Thanks! :sweet:

It was loosely inspired by the Greenacre Park in NY.

It is really hard to take pictures of it, or maybe I am not that good at it :tongue:

Hey Caparica,

I had a quick look at LUGBrasil.com, and I noticed that you posted this after the contest started. The rule is in place to prevent people from entering MOCs they've built before the contest was announced, so you're able to enter. If you'd like to enter, I can modify the topic title for you. :classic:

Hey Caparica,

I had a quick look at LUGBrasil.com, and I noticed that you posted this after the contest started. The rule is in place to prevent people from entering MOCs they've built before the contest was announced, so you're able to enter. If you'd like to enter, I can modify the topic title for you. :classic:

So I misunderstand the rules :classic:

Yes, please count me in at the contest :wink:

Go aheade and modify the topic.

Thanks.

I really like this - it's wonderful! A lovely park which makes a more than worthy entry to the contest. This is my favourite category 2 entry thus far. Loving the lime accents!

That is a very nice park. I like the fact that's is not square.

The only thing I would have different is to use a gate to the service area in stead of a normal door.

Caparica, this is a really nice little park! Well done. It has everything, trees, flowers, bushes, sitting area, etc. I also like that you included some of the Friends 'parts', as it gives extra colour to the creation. Good luck in the competition! :thumbup:

Nice little pocket-park.

I didnt notice that it was on an elevated level until I scrolled further down. Great idea.

Also very nice and idyllic (sp?) detailing.

Nice! Very cosy little park! :classic: I like the service area.

Thanks LegoJalex! :wink: The maintenance guy has a lime matching cap.

I really like this - it's wonderful! A lovely park which makes a more than worthy entry to the contest. This is my favourite category 2 entry thus far. Loving the lime accents!

Thanks L@go :classic: I choose lime to give it a unique color that would not clash.

That is a very nice park. I like the fact that's is not square.

The only thing I would have different is to use a gate to the service area in stead of a normal door.

Thank you Vincent Kessels :classic:

A gate would be nice indeed. But it is not unusual to use a door for this function at real life.

Caparica, this is a really nice little park! Well done. It has everything, trees, flowers, bushes, sitting area, etc. I also like that you included some of the Friends 'parts', as it gives extra colour to the creation. Good luck in the competition! :thumbup:

Thanks Redhead1982 :wink:

I love the new colors and the new friends parts.

It is nice to combine with my old parts.

Here is the park tables and benches:

pp_02_01.png

Excellent build! I like all the lively colors in the scene :thumbup:

The trees work nicely too :classic:

Thanks soccerkid6! :classic: It is a relaxing place for the minifigs, among all those tall modular buildings :tongue:

Nice little pocket-park.

I didnt notice that it was on an elevated level until I scrolled further down. Great idea.

Also very nice and idyllic (sp?) detailing.

Thanks Hoexbroe! Yes it is elevated just like the Greenacre Park in NY :classic: