Sign in to follow this  
sok117

LoneStar, Best of the West

Here is my entry for the Gotham City build a villain contest, the Highly Dangerous LoneStar!

7185073455_7f99ea7189.jpg

Showdown by sok117, on Flickr

7363973054_4e04d99bcb.jpg

LoneStar by sok117, on Flickr

The Wild West comes to Gotham whenever LoneStar is in town. This armed and dangerous gun-toting hitman makes a living off of bank-heists and bounties. No one knows the true face hiding behind the Star mask, but rumor has it LoneStar is disfigured, and a shadow of a man. LoneStar takes to the streets with his two dual-barrel quick-draw pistols, and while packing over 1000mg’s of ammo in belts and cases, Batman better bring everything he has got for a one on one. Can Batman hope to defeat the mysterious LoneStar? Or will he just become another bit of target practice for the infamous LoneStar.

7178746223_acc632f9c1.jpg

7178746059_1c2fe9334c.jpg

7363972870_6875e14c19.jpg

Cost

Series 6 Bandit figure = $3.49

Black Head = $0.95

Custom Trench Coat = $1.00

Binoculars and Pistol 2x = $2.00

Sticker = $1.00

Total = $8.45

Thanks again to Luxor and Penguin for hosting this contest! :grin:

Edited by sok117

You're most welcome. :thumbup:

Another good entry! :classic: Is it me, or the guy is indeed rather creepy? :oh: Perfect for batman rogue gallery! :grin:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

You're most welcome. :thumbup:

Another good entry! :classic: Is it me, or the guy is indeed rather creepy? :oh: Perfect for batman rogue gallery! :grin:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Thanks Penguin! For this entry I knew I wanted to do a western motif because I've never seen it done in the bat universe. I also really liked the idea of LoneStar having no face and being dressed in black to really make him fit as a plausible bat-villain.

Not bad. The idea of introducing a Western themed villain into the Bat-mythos is certainly interesting. However, I can't help but feel that your entry is a bit lacking, especially after your excellent Cat. A entry. It's basically just the CMF Bandit with a cape and a sticker slapped on his face. Also, the backstory is kind of unsatisfying. I know he is supposed to be mysterious, but it would be nice to at least know why this guy has chosen a desperado theme for himself in these modern times.

It's a good start, but I think you can take it further. :wink:

First off I have to say, variant of the CMF Bandit or not, I still like the look. The star-on-black face and custom coat give him that comic book feel to me. And "Lone Star" says alot about the character. He's a solo kind of guy and the star stands for him being a stand-out in his chosen field. Still, he'd need more than those guns to be a match for the Caped Crusader!

Well done!

Not bad. The idea of introducing a Western themed villain into the Bat-mythos is certainly interesting. However, I can't help but feel that your entry is a bit lacking, especially after your excellent Cat. A entry. It's basically just the CMF Bandit with a cape and a sticker slapped on his face. Also, the backstory is kind of unsatisfying. I know he is supposed to be mysterious, but it would be nice to at least know why this guy has chosen a desperado theme for himself in these modern times.

Well, I'm just happy with the fact that it's an original idea that I finally put to use. I think I'll wait for more input before deciding to change it so far because the look I was going for could only be achieved with the bandit from series 6, that look was a mysterious modern bandit with a western motif, and by golly I would say that has been achieved. I guess I'll work on the back story just for you. Oh and the sticker wasn't just "slapped on", it was carefully applied.

First off I have to say, variant of the CMF Bandit or not, I still like the look. The star-on-black face and custom coat give him that comic book feel to me. And "Lone Star" says alot about the character. He's a solo kind of guy and the star stands for him being a stand-out in his chosen field. Still, he'd need more than those guns to be a match for the Caped Crusader!

Thank you for your comment! It was the mysterious loner look that embodies this character, and the fact that I used the Bandit as a base should not hinder that. All and all, I'm very happy with the finished product.

If others are unhappy with it, by all means I'd be willing to change it. :classic:

Well, I'm just happy with the fact that it's an original idea that I finally put to use. I think I'll wait for more input before deciding to change it so far because the look I was going for could only be achieved with the bandit from series 6, that look was a mysterious modern bandit with a western motif, and by golly I would say that has been achieved. I guess I'll work on the back story just for you. Oh and the sticker wasn't just "slapped on", it was carefully applied.

True, you have indeed achieved that look, but most of that look comes from an already existing minifig. All I'm trying to say is that it could be customized a bit more to make him more unique, this being a minifig customization contest, by changing up some of the pieces. For example, you could use a different color of gloves, scarf, or hat. Or perhaps you could use a different leg assembly. I think Indiana Jones' or Han Solo's legs would work nicely since they also have holsters. These are just some suggestions and it's completely up to you if you want to use them. I'm just providing some constructive criticism. :classic:

And I meant no offense when I said the sticker looked slapped on. I was merely referring to the fact that the star is crooked, whether it was intentional or not.

True, you have indeed achieved that look, but most of that look comes from an already existing minifig. All I'm trying to say is that it could be customized a bit more to make him more unique, this being a minifig customization contest, by changing up some of the pieces. For example, you could use a different color of gloves, scarf, or hat. Or perhaps you could use a different leg assembly. I think Indiana Jones' or Han Solo's legs would work nicely since they also have holsters. These are just some suggestions and it's completely up to you if you want to use them. I'm just providing some constructive criticism. :classic:

And I meant no offense when I said the sticker looked slapped on. I was merely referring to the fact that the star is crooked, whether it was intentional or not.

Well I like him the way he is, so I don't think I will change him, any colour other then black would not work well, sure Indiana Jones and Han solo both have holsters, but to put tan or dark blue pants on him would look unnatural, and what colour hat should I put on? Brown, tan or purple? any colour other then black would of course, look ridiculous. So I don't think I will use your suggestions, but thanks anyways :classic:

Also, update with new photo!

Edited by sok117

I like this custom the way as it is, especially the shroud of mystery behind that faceless mask. I understand where Oky is coming from with his constructive criticism, but even if this uses majority of the CMS Bandit fig, one could not deny the fact that the simple tweaks done - black faceless mask with custom decal, reversed handkerchief thingy, custom trench coat, and modified pistols - gives this custom fig a whole different look that is significantly divergent from its original fig. And at the end of the day if you're happy with your entry then that's what's most important. Good job and best of luck! :thumbup:

I like this custom the way as it is, especially the shroud of mystery behind that faceless mask. I understand where Oky is coming from with his constructive criticism, but even if this uses majority of the CMS Bandit fig, one could not deny the fact that the simple tweaks done - black faceless mask with custom decal, reversed handkerchief thingy, custom trench coat, and modified pistols - gives this custom fig a whole different look that is significantly divergent from its original fig. And at the end of the day if you're happy with your entry then that's what's most important. Good job and best of luck! :thumbup:

Thanks Kiel! :thumbup:

The entry is in line with the rules. Good luck.

Alright sounds good! Thanks again! :sweet:

I actuly quite like him, I allways did like the west and it looks like you captured the

feel of the west and Batman, I can esily see this guy in a comic. :sweet: