13. Rabbits

14. Otters

15. Moose

16. Wild Boar

17. Zebra

18. Giraffe

19. Antelope

20. Elephant

Only Duplo might have those (I'm not much of Duplo expert), but nothing minifig scale.

I know they don't, I'm just saying they are kindof animals kinds find cool so it feels a little odd lego haven't already done them.

1. Hippo (designed to enable the top half to be pulled apart from the bottom to create a half-submerged look when put on a blue 'water' plate)

2. Rhino

3. Sheep

4. Giraffe

5. Toucan

1) jackal

2) iguana

3) hippo

4) giant sloth

5) falcon

I just realized that my wishlist in reverse is in alphabetical order.

Edited by gedren_y

1. lion

2. kangaroo

3. stoat

4. badger

5. other small rodents (weasel, beaver, etc.)

I'm just glad they have a bear! A good one, too.

EDIT: Rhino! Deer! Yes! And do Centaurs count? I we counting half-animals?

Edited by billdeen

1. Big cat (different colours and prints for lions, tigers, leopards, pumas, etc)

2. Boar

3. Deer (with detachable antlers, per cow horns)

4. Kangaroo

5. Koala (with vertical clip).

Forgive the Australian bias. (And picture it: your spawling modern City metropolis, overrun with hundreds of koalas, in trees, on lamp posts, on TV antennae...)

Tough choice... only 5 you say... hmmm...

1. Bulls

2. Big Cats (Lions/Tigers) (ok, bit of a cheat :) )

3. Deer (including detachable horns for Stags!)

4. Boar (Wild boar, large enough to have a minifig ride it!)

5. Galapagus Turtles

All of these would be (could be) made ridable, or hitched to carts, or whatever. :D

My top 5 are:

1)lion

2)tiger

3)wolf

4)giraffe

5)penguin

I can't really limit my opinion to just that..I mean if you have a giraffe..then you need Zebras ...and if you have penguins..then sea lions would be awesome too.

Lego should make a zoo series I think...with A Main gate..cafeteria ..and separate enclosures ...as separate sets.

Oh yes and a Rhino would be cool..The more animals the merrier i think is the overall theme of my post.

yo people

Rhino

This pretty much.

There needs to be a Rampant Animal Zoo-Escape theme just so we can have new Lions, Bears, Birds, Lizards, Turtles..

I want to see a cute cuddly Panda made, A new Elephant with a flexible trunk, A big lion or a tiger that isn't Tigger, and perhaps maybe a Frilled Lizard/Dragon. That would be cool I think.

JUST five? Seriously? (Sigh.) Okay, I'll narrow down my list of obsessively needed LEGO animals to just five then.

1.) Bison

2.) Gorilla

3.) Giraffe

4.) Turtle

5.) Walrus

I guess it's safe to say that mythological animals, especially a new one-piece dragon, are top-ten wants?

... A further thought: I think the parrot mold could be used to make a passable bird of prey, if made in the right colours (eg brown body, white head, yellow painted beak for an eagle).

Also, if the parrot mold had a little hole in the top of the head, and again was made in the right colours, you could insert a plume (as in a knight's helmet) to make a cockatoo. For example, white body, grey painted beak, and yellow three-feathered plume for a sulphur-crested cockatoo. Splendid!

1. Deer (This should work well with Forest Police Subtheme)

2. Eagle (Just cool.)

And some farm animals would be nice:

3. Pig

4. Cow

5. Chicken

Hmm, late to the fête again it seems. :wink:

The obvious choice for new Lego animal molds would definitely be some exotic specimen of contemporary megafauna. TLC has had such a wild run on churning out all the extinct reptilian predators, that it almost seems as if it'd neglect our pretty abundant wildlife on purpose...

So if I had to choose, these would be my favourites. Order doesn't indicate importance, although the Top5 would be of priority!

Here goes:

1. Lion/Tiger - I imagine this to be a singular mold, that could be "lionised" by attaching a separate

mane-piece to the basic "large cat" mold. Just for the sake of keeping it cost effective.

2. Wolves!! - Come on, it's a damn obvious choice! And please not the bad, grim, maneating, always growling

type of scare-the-kids wolf. Just a plain but recognisable wolf. Might represent a husky with

a repaint.

3. Elephants - We had those with the Adventurers once, but never again. New updated mold time, hands down!

Removable tusks and interchangable ears to distinguish m/f and asian and african varieties

please!

4. Mules/Donkeys - If the horse was the Ferrari in ancient times, now it's time for us to acquire the poor

man's truck. Should have the same hind-joint as the new horse for some serious kicking

action! Overdue!!

5. Sheep - Why we don't already have these is waaay beyond me. Removable fur for shearing action would mean

bonus points, but isn't that much of a necessity.

Runner ups:

- Llamas, alpacas, guanacos, vicunjas - My "favourite" animals! And they're sooo cuddly and adorable! :cry_happy: (Also I'd need some of them for these CMF Aztec eagle-warriors, just sayin' :wink: )

- More fowl! - Geese, ducks, turkeys, eagles, crows and parrots should have a separate mold each. A generic

"small bird" mold with different paint jobs could represent almost everything from a sparrow

to a robin. Eagles, crows and "small birds" should have either movable "clip"-wings or

separate sitting/flying molds!

- new "standing" cat - analogous to the standing german shepherd mold

- more variety in dogs - Evolution ftw! Being stuck with only german shepherds is an unsatisfactory state!

- Giraffes - never been done before, not desperately needed, but cool anyway. Obvious choice for a future

safari-theme!

- Rhinoceros - see Giraffes

- Hippopotamos - see Giraffes

- Antilopes/Wildebeests - see Giraffes

Almost forgot the obvious cry for deer and boar of any kind! These are needed by Castle-builders!!

And should we ever have a prehistoric theme that DOESN'T necessarily pit man vs. dinosaurs (that still are being portrayed falsely!) here'd be some ideas for that:

- Mammoths and mastodons

- "Sabretooth" cats

- Cavebears

- Giant sloths

- Giant deer

- Giant tapirs

- Giant Hyenas

Seems anything was a bit bigger before we invented bow and arrow...

So, "Wall of text" achievement is unlocked, I'll rest for now.

Be well you lot!

Cutty

1. Lion/Tiger - I imagine this to be a singular mold, that could be "lionised" by attaching a separate

mane-piece to the basic "large cat" mold. Just for the sake of keeping it cost effective.

It would actualy be better for keeping costs down if they did a lion with mane in one. they already needed to make 2 molds.

And a lion+mane in one would use less plastic than a lion + mane.

It would actualy be better for keeping costs down if they did a lion with mane in one. they already needed to make 2 molds.

And a lion+mane in one would use less plastic than a lion + mane.

But bear in mind, you'd just have a male lion then, without the simple option of removing the mane for a female...

In the end one would have to evaluate the scenario by producing some mock-ups and see whatever option qualifies as the most feasible.

Still I'd argue that one mold plus one minor accessory is superior to TWO almost identical molds.

Be well!

Cutty

A few animals that LEGO has done but I don't think have been mentioned in the opening article or in this thread:

- Manta ray

- Crab

- Alligator/Crocodile

- Ant

- Clam

- Sawfish

The reason that TLG has done pigs but not sheep is that pig farming and its products such as bacon are more common than sheep farming and its products such as lamb and wool in Denmark.

I suspect there will be a re-issue of the City bear later this year or some time next year but in a different colour. I don't want to reveal any spoilers but my suspicion stems from a creature in The Hobbit.

My personal wish-list of animals would be full of fantasy ones. But of real-world animals, I'd most like to see:

- Lion/lioness/other great cat especially if it could be ridden like a horse

- Eagle/hawk/falcon/other bird of prey

- Giant turtle

- Anaconda/large snake

- Hippopotamus

Incidentally, for a non-purists, BrickForge does a cool sheep as well as other animals. I have a number of their animals and they are extremely well sculpted (more Legoey than Lego!) and made.

-

Edited by AmperZand

1. Stag/deer

2. Sheep

3. Pigeon (City fans will love that)

4. Falcon (Castle fans will love that)

5. Wild Boar

1)Elephant re-release

2)Lion (or other large cat)

3)Rhino

4)Smaller Dragon (Similar in size to Dragon Masters?)

5)Perhaps some oxen.