Stormbringer

Maleficent the Dragon

So this is my first official set for Cuusoo which is a recreation of the life sized model of Maleficent which is displayed next to Disneyland's Lego store in Orlando, Florida.

Cuusoo is a Lego site that needs 10,000 supporters on a project to possibly get it approved to become an official Lego set (which sounds impossible I know).

Here Prince Philip battles against Maleficent as seen from the Disney film "Sleeping Beauty".

Please help support this so it can become an official set! - Cuusoo

maleficent00_1.jpg

maleficent04_1.jpg

maleficent05_1.jpg

maleficent07_1.jpg

Edit: Images fixed. Thanks for viewing everyone!

Edited by Stormbringer

Wow. That is magnificent! The dragon looks awesome! Stunning work.

The dragon is amazing and everything- but the cliff and the fire is just spectacular! Awesome job!

I agree: the dragon is good and all, but the cliff and fire are outright spectacular.

Wow. That is magnificent! The dragon looks awesome! Stunning work.

What he said!

Please please please give me instructions on building this Lego!!! I'm going to vote for this right away... best dragon i have seen

Edited by natesroom

That is very cool.

Shouldn’t Prince Philip be clean-shaven and short-haired as in the movie, though?

That is very cool.

Shouldn’t Prince Philip be clean-shaven and short-haired as in the movie, though?

Yeah, I just noticed that mistake afterwards. But hey, mine looks more manly than the movie version!

Two things.

Please resize your pictures. Even though they aren't very far over the size limit, it still violates the guidelines.

Also, according o EB policy, please reformat your post to be a presentation of this as a MOC rather than a Cuusoo project. You may, of course, include a link to the project but the emphasis must be on the MOC rahter than a plea for support.

Please do those two things. Thank you.

Awesome work man, the dragon looks really amazing. And the both fires, and the cliff. Great job

I've been trying to come up with a good brick built version of a dragon and this is spectacular. I will definitely have to look at the elements used and see how I can recreate it with my own style.

The whole set-up is brilliant with the flames!

Keep up the good work.

Two things.

Please resize your pictures. Even though they aren't very far over the size limit, it still violates the guidelines.

Also, according o EB policy, please reformat your post to be a presentation of this as a MOC rather than a Cuusoo project. You may, of course, include a link to the project but the emphasis must be on the MOC rahter than a plea for support.

Please do those two things. Thank you.

Crap, I didn't think of that. I'm adding the re-sized images on Brickshelf now. It'll be a while before they're moderated. Sorry about that.

I was in Downtown Disney this weekend and was in awe of the original creation. This one is right up there with it in my opinion. good work!

I was in Downtown Disney this weekend and was in awe of the original creation. This one is right up there with it in my opinion. good work!

I was in downtown disney on saturday also, but i live in orlando!

Amazing! The cliff and knight are great, but the dragon is just astounding! I love the shape and colors. It looks just like Maleficent!

I was in downtown disney on saturday also, but i live in orlando!

small world. I was in Tampa visiting my dad and stopped in Orlando on the way back to my home in SC. I spent a good hour and a half packing up PaB tubs! Was hoping they would have the new chess set but it hadn't arrived in the store yet.

Question for Stormbringer? Is the dragon articulated so you can pose it differently if you chose to?

That is a really well build scene. When The Sleeping Beauty was the only Disney film you had on video as a kid this brings back memories.

small world. I was in Tampa visiting my dad and stopped in Orlando on the way back to my home in SC. I spent a good hour and a half packing up PaB tubs! Was hoping they would have the new chess set but it hadn't arrived in the store yet.

Question for Stormbringer? Is the dragon articulated so you can pose it differently if you chose to?

Hmm... I was doing the PAB thing too i was there from 9:30 to 11 thats my normal hit the store time... Occasionally they let me get a few heads from the mini bar fro my cup

I agree: the dragon is good and all, but the cliff and fire are outright spectacular.

Totally agree with you. The cliff and fire are quite magnificent.

Be careful with adding the facial hair to Prince Phillip. The dragon may take him more seriously if he looks so manly. :laugh: