Sign in to follow this  
natelite

The Mime

Nickname: The Mime

Name: Dr. Frank "Wokkie" Waulkner

Weapon: high IQ and biochemical serum causing primary sensory (sight, sound, speech) failure.

Famous Quote: "Some men just want to watch the world burn but I not only want to watch but also to smell it and to hear it scream!"

Backstory:

Dr Waulkner, aka Wokkie as he was affectionately known, was a brilliant scientist who worked in Gotham General Hospital. His research was in genetics dystrophy of the senses. His passion in this field was driven mainly by his wife and two kids who were born with a genetic disorder which caused them to be mute, blind and deaf.

He was on the verge of a breakthrough discovery of the enabler gene which can potentially reverse the degeneration process when the Joker attacked and bombed the Gothan General Hospital as depicted in the Dark Knight movie. His wife and kids were visiting him and was ready to provide samples for his research when they perished in the attack.

Because he was in a isolated lab engrossed in his work and he had ear mufflers on, he did not see the red alert nor hear the evacuation siren. His wife and kids were blind, mute and deaf and also were forgotten as they were not in the main hall or the major wings/ells of the hospitals.

The doctor was badly wounded in the attack when a shrapnel penetrated his skull. The attack damaged his frontal lobe and his ability to feel any empathy - a cruel fate to a kind man who is now a hell-bent sociopath. What was left of a once benevolent and kind man, was an empty shell bent on revenge. He wanted to destroy both the good and the evil; the good - Batman - not only did he forsake the many (Gotham Hospital) to save a corrupt accountant (Reese) but also he was weak in not killing the Joker when he had the chance. The evil - well, because the Joker killed his family.

While he was recovering in the hospital, he discovered a serum through a previous research he conducted which can destroy a person's senses: his hearing, his sight and his speech. He has finally found his tool for revenge!

He recruited a few thugs and started spreading his serum via mist clouds and robbing banks, mafia hideouts, and generally causing wonton destruction and pillaging. He has no remorse nor any feeling left saved for the feeling of greed and the joy of spending spree. He rob and attack just to spend and buy expensive toys to destroy and attack again. He was an agent in the distribution of biochemical weapons - mainly the serum he created which caused victims to lose sight, speech and hearing.

He is known as the "MIME" because of his weapon. His victims will not be able to talk or hear, and will move their hands about like blind persons or just like mimes! He likes to wear black and white expensive suits. His wounds caused him to not only be a sociopath but also develop an expensive taste to compensate for his lost of empathy. His posses wear mime costumes as a taunt and insult to the Joker's as they are bitter rival gangs.

Unlike other villains in Gotham City who will work with the Joker, the Mime is archenemy to both Batman and Joker as he thinks they were directly responsible for his condition and his loss. Because of his sociopathic nature, he treats the other smaller villains, mafia gangs and wannabe heroes as pawns in his game...his game in getting what he wants and destruction of Gotham City.

ctg_a_front.jpg

ctg_a_side.jpg

ctg_a_back.jpg

The Mime and henchman robbing the rich Gothamite!

ctg_a_vignette_1.jpg

ctg_a_vignette_2.jpg

Cost:

Hat - Rathbone's: $1.50

Face - Joker henchman: $5.00

Torso - Indiana Jone's White Tuxedo: $7.00

Leg - White legs: $0.30

Accessory - technic pin & jewel: $0.10

Cape - custom paper: free

Total cost: $13.90.

Now, isn't that a nice entry? :classic:

Franklyu speaking, the character scares me quite a bit. Seriously. I guess that's my general fear of clowns, but still. Everything seems alright, conserning the rules. :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

He looks awesome.

But mimes do not speak. You should erase the word baloon :)

He looks awesome.

But mimes do not speak. You should erase the word balloon :)

good catch... i'll change it to a thought bubble.

I think the figure is a little too simple and plain... I think I'll update the cape, and give it a proper angry mime head.

I like the concept of a mastermind villain over a solo villain though. :)

He looks awesome.

But mimes do not speak. You should erase the word baloon :)

Unless Natelite has changed it, I see the speech balloon over the clown, not the mime.

Edited by gotoAndLego

Unless Natelite has changed it, I see the speech balloon over the clown, not the mime.

Well, the one you think is the mime is the henchman.

The Mime is suposed to be the one with the word baloon.

I understand some of your confusion gotoAndLego, the henchman does look more like a mime than the mime itself, wich looks more like a clown :wacko:

Well, the one you think is the mime is the henchman.

The Mime is suposed to be the one with the word baloon.

I understand some of your confusion gotoAndLego, the henchman does look more like a mime than the mime itself, wich looks more like a clown :wacko:

lol... i see i need to decal a new head. or maybe just scrap it all-together since it doesn't seem to be a hit.

i was trying to go for the alternative angle; i.e. villains who aren't evil (like sandman or two-face) but was made evil by circumstances. and heroes who are conflicted - like punisher. in fact, my planned hero was going to be hedious and scarred and ruthless in killing law-breakers. almost like the mime but on the other side of the fight. the anti-hero, vigilante type. his famous quote was going to be: "You either die a hero or live long enough to be a villain...well, I won't die because I am no hero."

oh well, still have time so i'll scrap this and work on something else. category C will be posted soon. i have something that should be ready shortly.

lol... i see i need to decal a new head. or maybe just scrap it all-together since it doesn't seem to be a hit.

I don't think a couple people's confusion says anything about it being a hit or not. I really like your entry and figure. Yes, the 'henchman' is the Collectible Minifigure mime, but it's crystal clear who your main villian minifigure is because you have the pictures of him before the MOC! Honestly, I'm confused how anybody could've been mistaken about which figure is your character 'The Mime;' it's as if they didn't read your post or at least look at the multiple views of your custom figure.

Really, you shouldn't feel down about this as you seem to be in your preceding post. It's a great entry. The Mime is a perfectly good name for this excellent custom figure. Mimes can look like a lot of things, and the Joker henchman face certainly works for it.

I agree with Cloney, I think your entry is great. One of the best so far, even! Your minifig looks very mime-like to me and there was no doubt about who the villain and who the henchman is. I like his backstory and the fact that you based it on an actual event from the Bat-mythos (the hospital explosion from TDK). What I like most about it, though, is his weapon. The idea of a villain who can take away half of your senses is quite disconcerting. :oh3: It reminds me of the B:TAS episode "Blind as a Bat" where Batman was temporarily blind while fighting the Penguin. In that episode, not being able to see was quite a handicap for him, so I would love to see how he would handle being blind, mute, and deaf at the same time! :oh:

However, Mutie has a point, it would be good if you would omit that last picture from your entry since it would make sense for The Mime not to speak, and it would make him an even more mysterious villain as well.

Nice work, and good luck in the contest!

I also think this one is a keeper. He reminds me of the villains that you would see in the 60's Batman live-action TV series. I can just hear the announcer, "Will the Mime silence the Dynamic Duo? Find out next week, same bat time, same bat station!"

Wow! I' really nejoying this contest because of all the creative purist custom minifigures, that I may make myself. :grin: This guy, especially, is neat; and really creepy. :sweet:

Famous Quote: "Some men just want to watch the world burn but I not only want to watch but also to smell it and to hear it scream!"

How can he hear the world scream if he makes it mute? :tongue: Escellent entry, this guy is deliciously evil! And I love the bowler hat :classic:

How can he hear the world scream if he makes it mute? :tongue: Escellent entry, this guy is deliciously evil! And I love the bowler hat :classic:

It's called irony...and it was meant to be that way :tongue: