Sign in to follow this  
Hoexbroe

Painted Ladies District

indexed.gif B-RM-10A

Hi all,

Here´s the first houses for my MegaMOC 2012 project. (And a sneak-peek of the whole layout).

Victorian houses inspired by the Painted Ladies district in San Francisco.

dsc05398r.jpg

dsc05402r.jpg

dsc05401r.jpg

Back-side views and interior decoration (NOT!);

dsc05408.jpg

Close-up photos of details and outside decoration (Yay!);

dsc05399c.jpg

dsc05400c.jpg

After the photo-shoot, some much-needed cleaning was performed by one of my trusty old minifigs;

dsc05407.jpg

-And for the final picture; The promised sneak-peek of the upcomming MOC;

dsc05394.jpg

-Meassuring 12 baseplates long. (MegaMOC 2011 was "only" 10 baseplates)

Ciao!

Wow...so many great things I don't even know what to comment on. The colours are beautiful and I really like ALL of the details. :thumbup: for the guy attacking the Friends! :laugh:

Nice street! I really like the way you've used all the architectural details to made each house unique.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the town!

The façades are truly wonderful - excellent work. Thanks for showing your working as well...sometimes I get put off from building things because I figure I haven't got enough of the right brick, whereas you've shown that you can give the impression of a full house without having the exact colours. I shouldn't get so hung up on the little things!

I really can't decide which house is my favourite, as they all have unique details which add greatly to them. I think maybe the blue edges it, with the balcony over the door. I love how the top windows complement the building style as well (for instance, the pink house has diamonds next to the window and is "blockier" in its window structure and flatter over the door) - fantastic touches. :thumbup:

I love the design, all four of them being the same but different colors really gives it that San Francisco feel.

I like the Minifigure who is not too thrilled about the Friends moving in. :laugh:

Excellent job of building houses in the same style while also making them very unique at the same time. If this is the level of detail you put into your MOCs, the final project will be amazing. Good luck! :thumbup:

These are so cute. They really do remind me of San Francisco, one of my favorite cities. The colorfulness really adds its charm long with the Friends mini dolls.

Great Ladies District. Brick on. :thumbup::classic:

Wonderful and colourful houses ' Hoexbroe ' ! :sweet:

I'm not sure that is a female minifig and it is San Francisco ! :laugh:

Interesting to see how big your layout will be....oh, by the way clever use of IJ's whip as a garden hose. :thumbup:

Brick On with you Friend's 'Hoexbroe' ! :wink:

This is going to be great when it's done! I really like the different colours and the subtle variation in details between the four houses, it's very realistic. A fitting home for your gorgeous cars, and a mega MOC indeed!

Very NICE buildings! their colours are so pleasant and the build is so detailed!

do the garage doors open?

Very NICE buildings! their colours are so pleasant and the build is so detailed!

do the garage doors open?

Thanks!

No, the garages do not open, but it´s a good idea, so I will modifiy one of them to stay in "open" position,with something coming out of it. It will be a nice effect! Thanks for the idea!

Thanks!

No, the garages do not open, but it´s a good idea, so I will modifiy one of them to stay in "open" position,with something coming out of it. It will be a nice effect! Thanks for the idea!

Well you have to put all those cars somewhere. :laugh:

Lovely detailing on the buildings :thumbup: The basketball hoop is a nice touch, as is the lamppost.

Looking forward to seeing you finish your project :classic:

Why not use cheese slopes to make the ramp part of the driveway?

Because I´m currently all out! (At least in LBG)

Anyway the pavement and road was just a "MOC-up" (hah.. gettit: mock up!) for the photo shoot. ;-)

These houses are amazing! *oh2* It's not just the colours, it's the similar, yet differently detailed design that made me look at them more than twice :blush: in search of interesting designs. I like the way you included minidolls, they do fit in. My favourite details are the basketball, the dog on top of the stairs and the red car in front of the blue house. These details add so much life to the district.Congratulations on this amazing build!

*oh2*

The detail on these is fantastic. Each one has it's own little quirks that make it unique, like the spinny 2x2 pieces being used as fans on the green house, and the red axle balls on the bottom of the steps of the pink house, and the bricks on the tan house- I REALLY like that those were put to good use.

Wait, hang on, is that a Toilet seat being used as a Basketball hoop?? Nice! I would have used the old Lego Basketball hoop myself, it is already made to look like a hoop, but I bet it might be too big for that house.. ah well.

It's a great looking, inspired scene, and if this is only a small chunk of a mega-project, well..

I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us. :wink:

Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! One for each house. Theses are all great, love the backs. :laugh: I really like the cylinders in the peak of each roof. Very neat way to make shingles. I, like everyone like all the different details each house has. The MegaMoc is going to be great, I see. Can't believe that you cut up a street plate, those are pricey!

Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! One for each house. Theses are all great, love the backs. :laugh: I really like the cylinders in the peak of each roof. Very neat way to make shingles. I, like everyone like all the different details each house has. The MegaMoc is going to be great, I see. Can't believe that you cut up a street plate, those are pricey!

Thanks. I see that you have been studying the photos well. :classic:

Regarding the cut streetplate; I can´t beleive that almost nobody does this. It adds a level more of flexibility to your layouts, and it is not lost by any means, as you can always install them side-by-side again when needed. See photos from the MegaMOC 2011, on how these "halflings" were put to good use...

BTW; The white arch over the entrance of the blue house was also cut; I wanted one of the earlier versions (not closed at the bottom), but was too difficult to obtain. -So I made my own using a new (and abundant) piece... Hehe!

Great job on these. I like the one one the right the most. I need to pick up some of those new bricks you used around the foundation. Can't wait to see more.

Wow, This are beautiful houses. I get a very San Francisco feeling about them. All of them in a row looks great. They are very colourfull. I am very interested about your upcomming projects.

By the way. I stored your pictures, so i can study them more closely. Maby i'm gonna use some of your ideas, or perhaps copy a whole house for my own town. Just wondering with one it will be.

indexed.gif B-RM-10B

Hi,

I decided to add a fifth house to this part of the layout;

dsc05484r.jpg

Beleive it or not, this is actually the only hosue which colour-combination is taken from a real-world Victorian in San Francisco...

dsc05486.jpg

dsc05487.jpg

dsc05488.jpg

Sorry about the fuzzy last photo. I actually wanted to show the excellent wood-effect from Nathans "Fishery Cannery" used here also.

Ciao!