Bah.... dam b****rds... Why did they have to touch the UK price?

Now Im not feeling it so much at the £149 price... I mean come on! The pet shop is only 32 pieces less.... but for £30 cheaper! How can they justify that price jump?!

Town Hall is 2766 pieces, a whole 702 more pieces for the same bloody price!!!!

WTH are you playing at TLG?!

Now TLG just revised whether I'll be buying this set or not...

Ive sent in a complaint, I'll post the response I get, here...

Edited by Fuppylodders

It's a D2C set, so LEGO retail only. Although, TRU online tends to have all the D2C from time to time. So, there's a chance it will be on sale at some point.

I see most if not all the D2C at Walmart.com and Target.com as well. The good thing is that TRU.com usually doesn't mark up the D2C stuff as far as I can tell.

Meh, i'll still buy it no matter what and so will everyone who wants it regardless of price. Why?

Because it's freaking awesome!!! :tongue:

Yeah aussie prices are high yada yada yada but it'll always be that way.

I buy alot from overseas on bricklink and work sites like ebay, gumtree and such to pick up good deals in oz and so far have done well.

I find if you're patient, good deals will come along.

Can't wait for this set. does anyone know how tall it is? I have a perfect spot for it in my TV stand if it will fit!

EDIT: never mind, I should have read the initial post more thoroughly! 15.4 inches which gives me about an inch to spare!

Edited by MikeyB

Well as much as i don´t like how they managed the price markup (tease with a nice price, everybody goes wild than bring up the price) i think it´s still "ok"compared to other sets.

Compared to the Modulars you´ll get Minifigures which are way more detailed (and i guess more expensive production-cost wise) and two of them are exclusive available in this set, i guess this is a fact to keep in mind! It´s just annoying that when the press release came up i thought "hey nice the first time the exchange rate for us Europeans seems pretty close to the US and it looks like a nice deal" and then they bump the price up.

How did you get it so soon? *oh2*

Please review it!

I read over at Brickset that LDC Manchester had put it out early. I wish I could stumble on that kind of luck. :laugh:

Does this mean you'd have been Ok with the current listed price if it had been in the original press release, and they hadn't raised it?

Not that I necessarily blame you if that's the case; I'm just wondering. I certainly agree the prices are high for you guys (speaking as an American who'll have a hard time affording even our much lower pricing for this set), and I don't envy you guys for having to pay so much for LEGO (though I do wish we could get some of the Europe-only sets you guys get)...

I certainly would have. I'm missing town hall from my modulars and the primary reason is price (plus I don't love it quite enough to push me over the edge). At pet shop pricing, the haunted house was a day 1 buy (I'd have preordered if Lego let me). But at town hall pricing I'm not so sure. Plus it needs a garden so that's more expense ;)

It's not just a minor increase, IMO the bump from £119 to £149 takes it into a completely different bracket. £119 is nice premium set territory (most modulars, maersk train, VW van,nsopwith camel, shuttle) are all £80-120. £150 starts edging towards huge SW UCS pricing, or tower bridge. Much more of a considered purchase.

Also, simply applying logic doesn't work either. As mentioned before, it's the same parts count as pet shop, but way more expensive. Or the same price as town hall, but with way less parts. Neither fits

Edited by mrklaw

I certainly would have. I'm missing town hall from my modulars and the primary reason is price (plus I don't love it quite enough to push me over the edge). At pet shop pricing, the haunted house was a day 1 buy (I'd have preordered if Lego let me). But at town hall pricing I'm not so sure. Plus it needs a garden so that's more expense ;)

It's not just a minor increase, IMO the bump from £119 to £149 takes it into a completely different bracket. £119 is nice premium set territory (most modulars, maersk train, VW van,nsopwith camel, shuttle) are all £80-120. £150 starts edging towards huge SW UCS pricing, or tower bridge. Much more of a considered purchase.

Also, simply applying logic doesn't work either. As mentioned before, it's the same parts count as pet shop, but way more expensive. Or the same price as town hall, but with way less parts. Neither fits

Totally agreed. I'm still waiting for my response from TLG too :sceptic:

Unfortunately, this is just way too high out of my price range, and that is a shame because I want that Zombie Chef! :cry_sad:

they still refuse to give a proper reply to my complaint. They even now want me to prove the press release.

I sent them 3 sources (Eurobricks. Brothers Brick and Brickset) and also sent them a screenprint of the website showing the old price.

they still refuse to give a proper reply to my complaint. They even now want me to prove the press release.

I sent them 3 sources (Eurobricks. Brothers Brick and Brickset) and also sent them a screenprint of the website showing the old price.

Same case as me. Ignorance is bliss, right?

They are aloud to change prices. If it were already out, that'd be another thing...

They are aloud to change prices. If it were already out, that'd be another thing...

Your'e right. They can charge what they want, but equally everyone complaining has the option not to buy it

I do feel that the high price is not justified and have communicated this via their website saying so. I think it's a great set but will not pay £150 for it!

I can't see them changing their minds about the price unless inital sales are very slow

Your'e right. They can charge what they want, but equally everyone complaining has the option not to buy it

I do feel that the high price is not justified and have communicated this via their website saying so. I think it's a great set but will not pay £150 for it!

I can't see them changing their minds about the price unless inital sales are very slow

Tis true.

I just checked the price, if I did it right, that £150 is $230+\-?! That certainly is rather crazy. I gave a hard time spending $200 on a set too.

It's an even worse price in Australia: $270!

I definitely won't be buying this set even with all that detail... :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Ferrik

It's an even worse price in Australia: $270!

I definitely won't be buying this set even with all that detail... :hmpf_bad:

It's actually a decent price for us when you consider it's the same price as the Pet Shop and $30 cheaper than the FB/Town Hall.

It's actually a decent price for us when you consider it's the same price as the Pet Shop and $30 cheaper than the FB/Town Hall.

I've opened and built mine and it really is a fantastic set... you'd be missing out if you didn't add it to your collection.

I've opened and built mine and it really is a fantastic set... you'd be missing out if you didn't add it to your collection.

Whaaa?

Where did you get your hands on it so early?

Whaaa?

Where did you get your hands on it so early?

I picked it up at Lego Discovery in Manchester, UK for £120.00. They only had one left.

The minifigures are awesome, the build was enjoyable and the detail is fantastic!

I picked it up at Lego Discovery in Manchester, UK for £120.00. They only had one left.

The minifigures are awesome, the build was enjoyable and the detail is fantastic!

Ahhh lucky, so jealous!

Sounds great, can't wait for it to be available here.