We win. The Australian price is AUD$269.95. That's at today's exchange rate about. $275USD, £175GBP, €218EURO. How many of you would buy it at these prices.

That puts it at the same price as our pet shop.

Pretty sure Australia has the most expensive Leo in the world.

Just noticed the New Zealand has it for $299.95NZD which is $235AUD so may even pay to fly some from over the Tasman sea.

So you Europeans and Americans stop complaining, and leave that to the Aussies.

$275 USD fro the Haunted House!?!?! I feel bad for all the Australians and New Zealanders who are LEGO fans.

You guys really need to quit continuing to bring up terms like Plagiarism, Stealing, and Ripped Off. I don't recall anyone actually using any of those words except for people that have been repeatedly defending the designer... And the ones that had been previously talking about the similarities have not even been posting about it anymore, so why keep talking about this?

To be fair the comments were pretty much made by the same few people, and before the designers first statement clarifying things. Since, then I think everyone has gone back and changed their opinion about it. But the fact is the word was used or perhaps implied by a few others even if not directly used.

But this isn't a stolen window design used in a different context. This is a large mass of stolen design elements used in the same exact context and same configuration, haunted house begat haunted house.

-John

Edited by sharky

We win. The Australian price is AUD$269.95. That's at today's exchange rate about. $275USD, £175GBP, €218EURO. How many of you would buy it at these prices.

That puts it at the same price as our pet shop.

Wow. I thought it was going to be closer to AUD$300. Mind you, unless they do a free shipping offer that'll be another $45. :hmpf_bad:

Ridiculous price increase for 10228 on the German s@h page.

Announced for 149 EURO here on Eurobricks, it costs there 179 EURO now (release Sept,1st).

http://shop.lego.com/de-DE/Geisterhaus-10228

With the same piece amount as the Pet Shop the price sounded fair.

Now they ask as much as the Town Hall for it. :thumbdown:

Ridiculous.

For 179 Euro I'm not going to buy it! Definitely NOT!

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Damn. I just checked the Swedish price which is 1999 SEK, same as the significantly larger (700 pieces more!) Town Hall set cost. I can buy nearly the entire first wave of LOTR sets for that kind of money.

So long Haunted House, would've loved to have owned ya.

Edited by Graysmith

Coming soon, on September the 1st. :wacko: Darn you TLG, you teases! I shall just have to get myself Monster Fighter'd up in the mean time, whilst waiting for this beauty to surface.

I thought I was going to get this, until I heard the price and piece count again. I'll just hope for sales later in the year, and then I'll pick it up.

I really do feel bad for the AFOLs who live in Australia.

This is just really stupid.

It is not a licensed set and has fewer pieces than most Modulars that are EUR 149.99

Besides the press release clearly stated 149.99

In British Pounds it still is GBP 119.99 (as stated in the press release) which is about 150 euros

What I did is go to service.lego.com and file a complaint. Let's all do that!

If you file a complaint just don't mention the UK price. Don't want them increasing the price there

I know if I lived in Australia I wouldn't even be able to be an AFOL due to the prices. I am skeptical at getting it with the US price $180. If it was any higher than that, I couldn't possibly consider it. Right now it is still in budget limbo because I really don't want to spend that much on it nor do I actually have that much to spend on it. The house is beautiful. The figures are great. I just can't justify that high price tag. Even if I cut out the Castle, I still would need another $80 to cover it. I hadn't considered VIP points to help defray the cost, but I don't have enough to make it too worthwhile.

Decisions, decisions..

As much as I love this entire line, this set is my "must-have-to-die-for-buy-as-soon-as-possible" favourite. :thumbup::sweet:

I've been asking for a set like this for years on the LEGO message boards and my dreams have finally been answered. :classic:

The only thing that would have made it better, would have been an attached graveyard but, I'm not going to be THAT picky. LOL!

Edited by Ogre

The only that that would have made it better, would have been an attached graveyard but, I'm not going to be THAT picky. LOL!

Well they have to have something for next year.

As much as I love this entire line, this set is my "must-have-to-die-for-buy-as-soon-as-possible" favourite. :thumbup::sweet:

I've been asking for a set like this for years on the LEGO message boards and my dreams have finally been answered. :classic:

The only thing that would have made it better, would have been an attached graveyard but, I'm not going to be THAT picky. LOL!

There is already the monster fighters graveyard, that'll do for me :tongue:

I've heard a few people mention how they thought it would look good behind the house. Maybe the designers had a few ideas to "connect" things. It would certainly add to the playability/collectibility of the line.

I've heard a few people mention how they thought it would look good behind the house. Maybe the designers had a few ideas to "connect" things. It would certainly add to the playability/collectibility of the line.

Possibly...I'm certainly going to put 9464 and 9465 with it. Also, I'm gonna see if I can 9466 in the backyard area too...that may be hard though. :wacko:

I love this set. Normally the price tag would scare me off but it's so amazing the (UK) price seems very reasonable, I'll be saving to buy it. It's a quintessential haunted house from a talented designer, what's not to like :sweet:

i'm really suprised about people bitchin on price. this set is better than any modular building out there, and the price is even to modular buildings prices.

this is not one of those sets you will use for parts, it's a exhibit set, perfect for october/november time of year :)

i'm really suprised about people bitchin on price. this set is better than any modular building out there, and the price is even to modular buildings prices.

It appears that the majority of people bringing up price as an issue are people outside of the UK, because the price in their currency equates to be quite a bit higher in comparison to what we are completely and most fortunately going to be getting it for over here in the UK. I just hope they don't bump up the UK price to match the other countries :cry_sad:

this is not one of those sets you will use for parts, it's a exhibit set, perfect for october/november time of year :)

LEGO is charging as much for this in Sweden as they charge for the Town Hall set, which comes with SEVEN HUNDRED more pieces (and two more minifigures). Add to that the fact that prices here are generally way higher than in most other countries and you're god damn right I'm going to bitch about the price. Perhaps even worse is that they said one price in the press release and then jacked it up when they listed it on their website.

Converted to a more convenient currency (don't know where you're from flea), in Sweden they're asking £182, or US$287, or €226.

(Yes, Australians and New Zealanders reading this, I know you have it even worse. No need to point that out.)

I received a reply to my complaint. They cannot elaborate on it because the set is not yet available and the price is not definate and may be subject to change. So when did this ever happen? Did they ever lower or change a price prior to its release? It's nonsense since the set is listed on their site WITH a price.

Edited by merman

I received a reply to my complaint. They cannot elaborate on it because the set is not yet available and the price is not definate and may be subject to change. So when did this ever happen? Did they ever lower or change a price prior to its release? It's nonsense since the set is listed on their site WITH a price.

That's what they also told me on the phone when I called TLG this morning.

Sent them an Email upon request from TLG with a link to their Press Release - and the included price.

They will call me back as soon as they know more about the price difference.

I hope I can report more later today or tomorrow.

(Yes, Australians and New Zealanders reading this, I know you have it even worse. No need to point that out.)

yeah... :hmpf_bad:

Shame to hear about the price. 20 Euro isn't that much of a difference, but it still adds up and when you compare with the modular buildings it's just not right. But I'm still planning on getting it, it's not like I buy many big sets, so this one will definitely be added to my collection.

Also good to hear the copying debate is now resolved. I hope the debate didn't get in the way of the joy of the designer for getting this beautiful set to be released.

Oh, you're right, my bad. Well, that's already an other nice new set which could be bought for those extra 30 Euro. :sceptic: Perhaps it's still an error. If not, there always stores who sell under the advised selling price.

Ive been waiting since last year when I first heard about this set. I ran out and bought all the current MF sets so I guess it's good that the Haunted House will be released late this summer as I've spent a lot of money collecting the whole series. It's a shame Lego didn't make a monster themed set when I was a kid but hey, better late than never. I have a feeling the Haunted House will be a big collectors item in years to come. I'll be building and displaying mine of course.