That's a nice house there. :wink: I like the colour combination, it look perfect for the mansion. And sand green and gray combination fits nicely with black roofs and brown wood on the house. I never thought I'd like it so much, it's not what I expected. The only down point for me are the minifigs, as I don't see any use for them. :sceptic: All in all, it's a great set!

This shows that some people just can't be satisfied. Sheesh, did you even look at the high-resolution pictures? Did you not see the zombie-heads on the pillars, the loose shutters, the uneven steps, the "broken" railing on the balcony and the roof, not to mention the multitude of rickety furniture inside?

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

That gramophone , loft stairs. Steps. Walls. The 'coat of arms' (literally). I thought

Modulars were meant to be detailed. This seems to be one better. Wow

Just when I was thinking, "Hey, my wallet is going to be happy for the rest of the year", this comes out. Many, many great details in this set, not to mention the overall design.

I also can't wait to see any fixed up mod's of this set.

I have two TV show musical intro's running through my head.....no, make that three ! :laugh:

Herman walking through a door, a creepy family clicking their fingers and a bunch of meddling kids running though an open door being chased ! :head_back:

Beyond AWESOME this set is, I want one.....please Lego....make Scooby Doo next ! :laugh:

The ladder in the ceiling, the stove and especially the gramophone are all works of genius ! :excited:

I would actually also reverse engineer two of these into not run down houses and have worried neighbours living in them ! :iamded_lol:

Any idea what the price will be in Aussie dollars ?

With this set I might swing into this theme.....or at least the house ! :wink:

Overall, this a one awesome and fantastic set. The color combination, the attic stairs, the record player, the glass jar with the heart in it and of course the great minifigs, all of it just screams 'buy, buy, buy' to me. :wub:

Haha this is awesome! I love the rickety details. Who knew those new brick pieces and those Technic handle thingies could be so versatile!

Technic handle thingies? What 'thingies'? *huh*

This set is absolutely beautiful. It really is a must buy, even though it was more than I was expecting.

It is still great nonetheless. All of the sand green. :drool:

The only detail I don't like are the zombie heads above the pillars. I'll just take them out and replace them with cylinders. :classic:

I'm actually a bit disappointed. The set itself looks awesome with some great details and a huge piece count. But the price is the one thing keeping me from getting this. A lower piece count than the Modulars (which people keep comparing it to for some reason) and it costs more isn't making it as appealing. When I first saw the prelim photos, I was very excited. I saw the ghosts flying around, so I assumed it would only have a few ghosts and call it good. I'm sure the addition of all those figures, a few of which we will get repeats of, jacks up the price quite a bit. I can only assume the Bride will be pretty pricey on bricklink only being in 2 expensive sets.

People are saying they will replace the castle with this set. That isn't too bad of an idea, other than the fact that this is almost double with less figures. I guess it all comes down to what you want displayed or torn apart for pieces. I definitely like this set and the castle, but like most others, I can't afford every large set.

I may have to save money and go with the castle in the end just for money sake. Which is unfortunate because this thing is a beauty.

The price makes this an easy pass,I don't have almost $200 to spend on this,I also don't care for the monsters living in this house,did the castle go into foreclosure or something? Butler Frank? Chef Zombie? Doesn't make much sense to me, The mummy,werewolf and swamp creature weren't invited?

So much Sand-Green :cry_happy: I hope,no i pray that somewhere between all those 1x6 Bricks that are already visible are also some 1x8 hidden (they don't get produced currently in Sand-Green)!

TLG you're really nailed it with this set! And it really looks like this is also the "closing-set"for the Monster-Fighters theme :cry_sad:

Oh, I see what they did there! They made a brilliant, timeless D2C model and added it to a current theme, presumably adding to the sales figures of both the theme and the set.

Yes, I thought exactly the same - this is a very clever move by Lego.

They've made a set that crosses boundaries. If you're an AFOL and interested in the modular houses, it's highly likely that you'll be interested in this model. Sure, it's no modular house, but it's quirky and would complement any existing collection...I've already seen a few comments online about buying a few to make a neighbourhood on the dark side of the tracks to complement the modular buildings! Alternatively, you could always buy a model and either renovate it into a modular, or convert it back into its former glory (so pre-Monster inhabitation!) or both.

If you buy it and love it, you're going to be more open to buying the other sets (and we all know how AFOLs can be completists), which you might not have considered before.

As for children, they've got a great 'Monster dolls house'. It's a great target price for a BIG present and something for children to clamour for at Christmas/birthdays if they get the smaller sets on the line. I also suspect that if children (particularly older ones, 10+) build the house and enjoy it, they'll look for other similar builds...and the modular line fits in wonderfully, opening up a whole new set of customers there too.

Clever. And the set is marvellous; can't wait to get one.

I can't express how long I have thought and hoped LEGO would design a Haunted House. I attempted building a Disneyland Haunted Mansion several years ago after buying a good supply of sand/light green bricks. Although I couldn't pull it off, I did manage to create a Grave Stone addition, the Shady Inn:

3297118145_7de110315e_z.jpg?zz=1

and a second version with a larger interior:

3297118103_8f710608a4_z.jpg?zz=1

Love the spooks:

4483747292_a033b890ef_z.jpg

Voodoo Lounge

3978600541_b74dba8b52_z.jpg?zz=1

Hitchhiking Ghosts

This is a "must buy" for me upon release. I can't wait to expand the grounds for the ultimate Halloween scene.

That is such a fun set! I think my household will all chip in to pick one up. Then it won't be so expensive, and it's a wonderful display piece for Halloween.

Now I would really like to get the ghost Monster Fighters polybag, the one with the grandfather clock (http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=30201-1). That would be a fun addition to this set!

I totally agree with all of this. Well said. This is a fantastic set on so many levels, and across so many age groups.

They've made a set that crosses boundaries. If you're an AFOL and interested in the modular houses, it's highly likely that you'll be interested in this model. Sure, it's no modular house, but it's quirky and would complement any existing collection...I've already seen a few comments online about buying a few to make a neighbourhood on the dark side of the tracks to complement the modular buildings! Alternatively, you could always buy a model and either renovate it into a modular, or convert it back into its former glory (so pre-Monster inhabitation!) or both.

If you buy it and love it, you're going to be more open to buying the other sets (and we all know how AFOLs can be completists), which you might not have considered before.

As for children, they've got a great 'Monster dolls house'. It's a great target price for a BIG present and something for children to clamour for at Christmas/birthdays if they get the smaller sets on the line. I also suspect that if children (particularly older ones, 10+) build the house and enjoy it, they'll look for other similar builds...and the modular line fits in wonderfully, opening up a whole new set of customers there too.

Great job Lego! :thumbup:

Edited by phanstasm

Wow. This is the most gorgeous set I've seen in ages. I've never bought a set this expensive, and I have very little interest in Monster Fighters, but I might just have to save up for this baby. I'm guessing this is the grand finale of the Monster Fighters theme, like MMV was for Castle. Too bad for the theme, but what a high note to go out on!

Mega kudos to the designer of this amazing house.

So, obviously, we are going to mod this to look even more like the Addams Family mansion. Now I need to find Morticia and Gomez lookalikes.

WOW that is a nice set. Looking at the pricing doesn't give me high-hopes for what the Australian price will be though.

Maybe someone will get it in during next years sales (same as how Aussie stores have gotten other big d2c sets like the Emerald Night, UCS R2-D2, VW Bus, Tower Bridge etc etc)

WOW that is a nice set. Looking at the pricing doesn't give me high-hopes for what the Australian price will be though.

Maybe someone will get it in during next years sales (same as how Aussie stores have gotten other big d2c sets like the Emerald Night, UCS R2-D2, VW Bus, Tower Bridge etc etc)

Well the UCS R2-D2 is $250 locally so if this is the same price then I guess that's not too bad. Would still want to find it at 20% off though.

Wow, just wow! I neeeeed this :) love the details both interior and exterior and the new figs are pretty awesome too!