Sign in to follow this  
GazK

please help me identify this piece

Could anyone please help me with the name and/or lego ID of this piece? I got an extreme lego book for my birthday and I need to order a couple. None of the obvious search terms or google images have helped.

IMAG0246.jpg

It's the Technic, Gearbox Half

aaah, lovely, thanks. I was searching on "gear" and "liftarm" - no wonder I couldn't find it.

That's an exotic piece. What are you planning to use it for?

Well, he says he got a book for it's birthday. I recognized the brackground; it's from the book "Forbidden Lego".

I looked it up and the photo is from the "Candy Coated Catapult". It can also be the "Ping-Pong Cannon" (same piece is also there), but according to the picture it is the catapult :classic:

@ GazK: Here are YouTube videos of the "Forbidden Lego" book's Candy-Coated Catapult and Ping-Pong Cannon (by windlepoons101). The part you asked about is colored green in the first video and white in the second:

Edited by DLuders

Quite right, its the forbidden lego book wot I got... the videos are great, its hard to visualise how the mechanisms work from still images.

By sheer coincidence, i got this book as well. it's a bit out of date, but good for inspiration. Case in point, the off roader in the book is laughably primitive compared to what some of us trial truckers have done.

By sheer coincidence, i got this book as well. it's a bit out of date, but good for inspiration. Case in point, the off roader in the book is laughably primitive compared to what some of us trial truckers have done.

I know what you mean - the vehicle is the one item in the book I have no intention of building - not after I motorised my off-roader!

While we're at it could anyone tell me what the long thin rods in this photo are called? I need to order those as well:

7173007373_f45161dd65_c.jpg

They seem to be Hose, Rigid 3mm e.g. 75c22. But every axle with axle joiners should do the same job :wink: Probably the easiest way to search for specific parts is to use Bricklink's search for "Catalog Items" and showing the results in "Thumbnail Gallery". You will get a quick overview and find your parts really fast.

Edited by laix

I only recall this part being used in a single Technic set and that's the 8446 Crane Truck.

8446isosmall.jpg

It was also in a bunch of Slizer/Throwbot sets.

Edited by Blakbird