Sign in to follow this  
Jebediahs

Heroica RPG - Quest#35: Rescue the Maa’ri!

"Ah, we meet again, little mage. Still playing with your spells? I've beaten you before, and I can do it again..."

Ad-Hoh attacks the Akkaba Mage from the back row with Darkness.

Thormanil attacks the Lead Interrogator from the front row.

QM Note: Thormanil is now promoted to Second-In-Command. swils, Go ahead and choose the remaining party members' actions and state order of actions.

Elgar Attacks the Akkaba paladin from the back row with his crossbow. " You shall feel the true force of Ennoc and light!'

thmb_paladin1.jpg

"Ennoc? Pffft. Akkaba is the Light's future while Ennoc merely dims."

"Ah, we meet again, little mage. Still playing with your spells? I've beaten you before, and I can do it again..."

Ad-Hoh attacks the Akkaba Mage from the back row with Darkness.

thmb_mage0.jpg

"Yeah well, this is what I get for hanging around socializing instead of going home once my shift was over. I'm game for another duel!"

Responsibility? Oh sheesh, I didn't sign up for this! :tongue:

"Sorry Knifk, but I'm gonna ask you to take a hit from someone this round. If we could work it so that the (regular) Interrogator gets a free hit, that'd be even better, but this should be fine as is.."

Order:

Knifk

Thormanil

Arasmyth

Ad-hoh

Elgar

Actions: (Lines with ** denote my input/decision)

**Thormanil attacks Lead Interrogator from front row. consumes a Smelling Salts, followed by a Nostrum.

*Ad-hoh attacks Akkaba Mage from back row with darkness.

*Elgar attacks Akkaba Paladin from back row with crossbow

**Knifk attacks Lead Interrogator from the back row

**Arasmyth attacks Zealot from back row with a wind spell

OoC: Really, though, if -anyone- has a problem with this order/action list, please speak up. I know we want to keep the game rolling, but I don't want to feel like the one responsible when we end up face-down in the sewers, haha.

Results of Round One of the Mage Interrogators Battle:

>Knifk vs. Akkaba Lead Interrogator - Hide

>Thormanil Nihai uses Item - Smelling Salts

>Thormanil Nihai uses Item - Nostrum

>Arasmyth RuGard vs. Akkaba Zealot (Elf) - Critcal Hit (5x2+12=22 wind damage), (MoA=Yes)

>Ad-Hoh vs. Akkaba Mage (Human) - Shield: Summon

Ad-Hoh's Spirit of Darkness vs. Akkaba Mage (Human) - Spirit Attack (15x2=30 darkness damage)

>Elgar Gligin vs. Akkaba Paladin (Human) - Shield: Tripleshot (10+13-10=13 damage Paladin ,10+13=23 damage Mage ,10+13=23 damage Zealot ),(MoA=No)

(20/2=10 damage)

Akkaban Interrogator vs. KnifkThormanil - Free Hit (23/2 rounded up =12 damage)

Taken slightly offguard, the Party assumes a defensive position from the back row. Faced with a disturbing opponent, Knifk turns tail and hides behind a pillar. Perhaps he needs time to consider his next move? Thormanil uncorks two vials and drinks the magical liquids. Arasmyth's wind cuts the Zealot deep as he's blown to the ground. Ad-Hoh conjures a spirit of darkness which he directs at the enemy mage. Elgar knocks three arrows and lets them fly. The paladin raises his shield to partially deflect an arrow. Still stunned by the darkness spirit the Akkaba Mage doesn't see the arrow hit her shoulder. Before the Zealot can pick himself up from the ground, an arrow lands in his knee. Unable to find the cowardly knight, the second interrogator turns his attention to Thormanil instead. There is a slight pause in the battle and Knifk reappears.

thmb_orcskel.jpg

"Hey elf lady in blue! I've seen that mark before. You might be joining me on a table soon!"

Enemies:

thmb_interrogator0.jpg

Akkaba Lead Interrogator
- "Shall we try this again, Dwarf?"

Type
Humanoid

Level:
26 (+10 damage vs mages)

Health:
230/230

SP:

Ether:

Special I:
Nullify Magic
- Enemy is immune to elemental based weapons and attacks for the next two rounds at the cost of 1 ether.

Special II:
Pontificate
- Converts party member to their way of thinking. Player is
hexed
for the next round at the cost of 5 ether.

Special III:
Scaphism
- Player is
petrified
at the cost of 5 ether. At the end of each round, an ant will bite the player for 1 damage. The battle round number correlates to the number of ants afflicting the player. Ex. At the end of round four, the player will be bitten by four ants. Torture continues until effect is remedied or battle is over. Ignores SP & row position.

Drops:
20 gold

QM Note:
Specials determined by die roll.

thmb_interrogator1.jpg

Akkaban Interrogator
- "I shall assist you with him, M'lady"

Type
Humanoid

Level:
23 (+5 damage vs mages)

Health:
190/190

SP:

Ether:

Special I:
Sadism
- The enemies take pleasure in watching the interrogators work. Enemy casts the
encouraged
effect on a random ally, doubling its level for the next round at the cost of 5 ether.

Special II:
Pontificate
hexed

Special III:
Demoralize
- The target falls into despair. Player is
weakened
and
fragile
for the next three rounds, until remedied or the battle is over at the cost of 10 ether to the Akkaban Interrogator.

Drops:
20 gold, Fractured Spectacles

QM Note:

thmb_paladin1.jpg

Akkaban Paladin (Human)
*Immunities:
Darkness
, Scroll Spells* -
He spits.
"To Ennoc."

Type
Humanoid

Level:

Shield Power:

Health:
197/210

Ether:
13/13

Special I:
Lay on Hands
- Heals comrade with lowest health for 20 health at the cost of 1 ether.

Special II:
Righteous Smite
- A powerful beam of energy strikes a target for 15 damage at the cost of 5 ether. Target and the players before and after him in party order of actions are
blinded
the next round.

Special III:
Brief Moment of Silence
-
Seals
target for one round and regains 2 ether.

Drops:
100 gold

QM Note:
Akkaba Paladins’ fervor causes them to be immune to spell scrolls and darkness spells.
CAUTION!:
Akkaba Paladins are subject to minor artificial intelligence. On odd rounds the QM will select the special that screws the party the most. Otherwise specials alternate in order from last special used in an even round.

thmb_mage0.jpg

Akkaba Mage (Human)
- "Interesting spell. Must be elven magic."

Type
Humanoid

Level:

Shield Power:

Health:
147/200

Ether:
60/60

Special I:
Shadow Bolt
- Blasts target for 25
darkness
damage at the cost of 1 ether.

Special II:
Righteous Smite
- A powerful beam of energy strikes a target for 25 damage at the cost of 5 ether. Target and the players before and after him in party order of actions are
blinded
the next round.

Special III:
All Shall Fall
- The next special used applies its damage and effects to entire party at the cost of 10 ether. If Mirror Images is used next it will function as normal.

Special IV:
Mirror Images
- The mage produces 3 illusionary copies of herself at the cost of 20 ether. Each is identical to the original in terms of displayed stats but any successful hit will destroy the copy instantly.

Special V:
Pontificate
hexed
for the next round at the cost of 5 ether. Hexed player will deal a free hit to the party at the beginning of the next round.

Special VI:
Mind Numb
- Clouds the mind. Temporarily lowers player’s level by 2 at the cost of 5 ether. Level returns to normal if remedied or the battle is over.

Drops:
30 gold, Remedy

QM Note:
Versus the Akkaba mage, die rolls of 5-6 will activate her special. Specials determined by separate die roll.

thmb_zealot1.jpg

Akkaba Zealot (Elf)
*Touched by Akkaba* - "No! My adventuring career is over!"

Type
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
105/150

SP:

Ether:

Special I:
Insane Fervor
- Cuts himself multiple times to show Akkaba he’d do anything for his blessing. Enemy is
encouraged
for the next round at the cost of 10 health and 1 ether.

Special II:
Pontificate
hexed

Special III:
Survival of the Fittest
- The zealot seeks to eliminate the competition for Akkaba’s favor. Attacks a random comrade for 15 damage at no ether loss. As Akkaba was betrayed himself, he looks poorly upon such an action so drains half of the zealot’s remaining health.

Drops:
30 gold, Potion

QM Note:
Zealots are ‘touched’ by Akkaba. Each strike against them has a 50/50 chance to apply the Mark of Akkaba to a player. The Mark of Akkaba reduces player's health by half at the end of the next round unless remedied. Specials determined by die roll.

The Party:

heroicarpg003edited.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard
(played by Kadabra) *Party Leader*

Level 12 Mage
*Marked by Akkaba*

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
16/16

Ether:
14/16

Gold:

Inventory:
Sapphire Staff (WP:5,
Wind
elemental), Robe of the Elven Warlock (SP:3), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness,
Sapphire
Topaz
Aquamarine
, Potions (2), Grand Tonic (2), Smoke Bomb, Water Bomb, Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap

heroicaavatar2.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)
*Resistant to Magic*

Level 15½ Evoker

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
15/22

Ether:
17/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Rhabdomance Staff (WP:5), Robe of Spell Resistance(Damage from magic based & elemental attacks and specials is halved), Bedroll, Shovel, Ice Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Banana, 2 Ether Cores, Potion (x3), Rum (x2), Remedy, Tonic (x3),
Emerald
(
),
Amethyst
(
),
Ruby
(
),
Topaz
(
),
Sapphire
(
)
Borrowed from Elgar
, Trickster's Mask of the Elf

use.jpg

Elgar Gligin
(played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 13½ Ranger

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
12/18

Gold
: 152 (owes 50 gold to Haldor (Scorpiox) )

Inventory:
Mockthril Crossbow (WP:10
Lightning
elemental),Fauxthril Longbow (WP: 5),Smoke Bomb, Bedroll,
Emerald
Sapphire
Loaned to Ah-Hoh
,Venom, Spade,Fire Bomb,Pickaxe,Remedy,4 Potions,Phoenix Essence, Trickster's Mask of the Elf

blackknightknifk002.jpg

Knifk
(played by Bioniclover)
*Counter Striking*

Level 15½ Black Knight

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
33/33

Gold:

Inventory:
Tfel (WP: 10 Longsword,
Earth
-elemental), Aegis (SP: 9 Shield), Counter Strike Gloves (
Counter Striking
- Immediately attack target in an amount equal to Power after receiving a free hit from target),Remedy, Floral Bomb, Wind Bomb,Bedroll, Shovel, Trickster's Mask of the Dwarf

thmb_thormana.jpg

Thormanil Nihai
(played by swils) *Immunity:
Darkness
*, *
Dictator
Second-In-Command*

Level 19 Shaman
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
32 (+1)

Shield Power:

Health:
23/35

Ether:
12/19

Gold:

Inventory:
Wyvern's Tailblade (WP: 12), Bright Armor (SP: 3,
Null Darkness
), Thundering Totem (WP:7,
lightning
), Tongue on a Stick (WP:1, Miss -> "Aim"), Potion x2, Grand Tonic x2, Mead, Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Deadly Venom x2, Floral Bomb, Phoenix Essence x2, Pickaxe, Shovel, Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap, Trickster's Mask of the Weredog

thmb_petdarkness.jpg

Spirit of Darkness
(controlled by Ad-Hoh)

Type: Darkness

Power: 15

Party Leader, choose the order of actions. If not done so in a timely manner, the Second-In-Command will make the decision.

All of you, choose your targets and the Row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, move, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

Ad-Hoh repeats his attack and the Spirit of Darkness also attacks the Akkaba Mage.

Thormanil consumes a potion, then attacks Akkaban Lead Interrogator from the front row.

"It looks like Arasmyth and Knifk have been absent minded this battle. I suggest Arasmyhth attacks the zealot and knifk would takes on the zealot to. With a battle order of

Knifk

Ad-Hoh

Arasmyth

Elgar

Thormnail.

Let me know what you think?"

OOC: this is only a suggestion so it is all up to you swills

Edited by Jedi master Brick

"Well, sounds fine to me, but are we gonna let the Interrogator get a free hit this round?"

"Well, sounds fine to me, but are we gonna let the Interrogator get a free hit this round?"

"Your decision, if we let him get a free hit Knifk we be able to counterstrike, but yeah it would probaly better to avoid free hits, it may be a long battle.

So in conclusion Knifk should take on the integrator."

"Oh-ho, I forgot all about Knifk's quick reflexes and his ability to land a counterstrike. Given thsy I'll be healing Arasmyth next round anyway, might as well let Knifk eat the hit anyway Hope he doesn't cower behind his shield again, aha!"

OoC: Typing from mobile right now, sorry for lack of formatting, etc. It's a hassle to pull it up right now, but follow JMB/Elgar's suggested order and targets from the previous page, with the interrogator getting a free hit. Damage is easier to heal than some of those status effect, anyway, heh

Edited by swils

OoC: Thank you for your patience and keep handling the brothers' actions as you have been. I do not know where they are.

Results of Round Two of the Mage Interrogators Battle:

Knifk vs. Akkaba Zealot (Elf) - Mortal Hit (10+15=25 damage), (MoA=Yes)

>Ad-Hoh vs. Akkaba Mage (Human) - Special Damage: Mind Numb

Ad-Hoh's Spirit of Darkness vs. Akkaba Mage (Human) - Spirit Attack (15x2=30 darkness damage)

>Arasmyth RuGard vs. Akkaba Zealot (Elf) - Hit (5+12=17 wind damage), (MoA=No)

>Elgar Gligin vs. Akkaba Paladin (Human) - Aim (10-10=0 damage)

>Thormanil Nihai uses Item - Potion

>Thormanil Nihai heals Arasmyth RuGard - Heal Less: Arasmyth /Shield:Blood Ritual (26+13-20=19 damage Lead Interrogator & 26 health Elgar )

Akkaban Interrogator vs. Knifk - Free Hit (23-9=14 damage)

Knifk counter-strikes Akkaban Interrogator - Free Hit (25-10=15 damage)

Lost in a trance, Knifk successfully strikes the zealot. Maybe he was tortured at some point in his life and the interrogators triggered a memory? Anyway, the hit against the zealot applies the Mark of Akkaba on the black knight. Fearing Ad-Hoh's painful spells, the Akkaba Mage lessens his damage output by clouding his mind. Unfortunately, while making the necessary hand gestures for the spell she failed to notice the shadowy spirit materialize behind her. Elgar takes time to line up a headshot but his arrow deflects harmlessly of the back of his target's head. Thormanil chugs a potion and prepares to throw Arasmyth a heal. The blue robed mage moves out of range so Thormanil begins his barbarian ritual. Life energy is drained from the Lead Interrogator but her strong will (SP) lessens the health stolen from her. Elgar (character with lowest health) unknowingly steps in the path of the healing energies and is restored to full health. Poor Arasmyth succumbs to the effects of his Mark and loses half of his remaining life while the strain of keeping the spirit active in this plane causes Ad-Hoh to lose an ether. Knifk exchanges blows with the interrogator apprentice as the Akkaban Vla'dek Symbol appears on the back of his neck.

thmb_orcskel.jpg

"The battle continues and so does my suffering!" -_-

Enemies:

thmb_interrogator0.jpg

Akkaba Lead Interrogator
- "What...kind of spell
was
that?

Type
Humanoid

Level:
26 (+10 damage vs mages)

Health:
211/230

SP:

Ether:

Special I:
Nullify Magic
- Enemy is immune to elemental based weapons and attacks for the next two rounds at the cost of 1 ether.

Special II:
Pontificate
hexed

Special III:
Scaphism
- Player is
petrified
at the cost of 5 ether. At the end of each round, an ant will bite the player for 1 damage. The battle round number correlates to the number of ants afflicting the player. Ex. At the end of round four, the player will be bitten by four ants. Torture continues until effect is remedied or battle is over. Ignores SP & row position.

Drops:
20 gold

QM Note:

thmb_interrogator1.jpg

Akkaban Interrogator
- "Face me, mages!"

Type
Humanoid

Level:
23 (+5 damage vs mages)

Health:
175/190

SP:

Ether:

Special I:
Sadism
encouraged
effect on a random ally, doubling its level for the next round at the cost of 5 ether.

Special II:
Pontificate
hexed

Special III:
Demoralize
weakened
and
fragile
for the next three rounds, until remedied or the battle is over at the cost of 10 ether to the Akkaban Interrogator.

Drops:

QM Note:

thmb_paladin1.jpg

Akkaban Paladin (Human)
*Immunities:
Darkness
, Scroll Spells* -
He grins behind his helm.
"That it?"

Type
Humanoid

Level:

Shield Power:

Health:
197/210

Ether:
13/13

Special I:
Lay on Hands

Special II:
Righteous Smite
- A powerful beam of energy strikes a target for 15 damage at the cost of 5 ether. Target and the players before and after him in party order of actions are
blinded
the next round.

Special III:
Brief Moment of Silence
-
Seals

Drops:
100 gold

QM Note:
Akkaba Paladins’ fervor causes them to be immune to spell scrolls and darkness spells.
CAUTION!:
Akkaba Paladins are subject to minor artificial intelligence. On odd rounds the QM will select the special that screws the party the most. Otherwise specials alternate in order from last special used in an even round.

thmb_mage0.jpg

Akkaba Mage (Human)
- "Damn cheater."

Type
Humanoid

Level:

Shield Power:

Health:
117/200

Ether:
55/60

Special I:
Shadow Bolt
- Blasts target for 25
darkness

Special II:
Righteous Smite
- A powerful beam of energy strikes a target for 25 damage at the cost of 5 ether. Target and the players before and after him in party order of actions are
blinded
the next round.

Special III:
All Shall Fall
- The next special used applies its damage and effects to entire party at the cost of 10 ether. If Mirror Images is used next it will function as normal.

Special IV:
Mirror Images
- The mage produces 3 illusionary copies of herself at the cost of 20 ether. Each is identical to the original in terms of displayed stats but any successful hit will destroy the copy instantly.

Special V:
Pontificate
hexed
for the next round at the cost of 5 ether. Hexed player will deal a free hit to the party at the beginning of the next round.

Special VI:
Mind Numb
- Clouds the mind. Temporarily lowers player’s level by 2 at the cost of 5 ether. Level returns to normal if remedied or the battle is over.

Drops:
30 gold, Remedy

QM Note:
Versus the Akkaba mage, die rolls of 5-6 will activate her special. Specials determined by separate die roll.

thmb_zealot1.jpg

Akkaba Zealot (Elf)
*Touched by Akkaba* - "Do not forsake me! Give me the power to defeat them!"

Type
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
53/150

SP:

Ether:

Special I:
Insane Fervor
- Cuts himself multiple times to show Akkaba he’d do anything for his blessing. Enemy is
encouraged

Special II:
Pontificate
hexed

Special III:
Survival of the Fittest
- The zealot seeks to eliminate the competition for Akkaba’s favor. Attacks a random comrade for 15 damage at no ether loss. As Akkaba was betrayed himself, he looks poorly upon such an action so drains half of the zealot’s remaining health.

Drops:
30 gold, Potion

QM Note:
Zealots are ‘touched’ by Akkaba. Each strike against them has a 50/50 chance to apply the Mark of Akkaba to a player. The Mark of Akkaba reduces player's health by half at the end of the next round unless remedied. Specials determined by die roll.

The Party:

heroicarpg003edited.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard

Level 12 Mage

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
8/16

Ether:
13/16

Gold:

Inventory:
Wind
elemental), Robe of the Elven Warlock (SP:3), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness,
Sapphire
Topaz
Aquamarine
, Potions (2), Grand Tonic (2), Smoke Bomb, Water Bomb, Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap

heroicaavatar2.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)
*Resistant to Magic*

Level
13½ Evoker
*Mind Numbed*

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
15/22

Ether:
16/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Rhabdomance Staff (WP:5), Robe of Spell Resistance(Damage from magic based & elemental attacks and specials is halved), Bedroll, Shovel, Ice Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Banana, 2 Ether Cores, Potion (x3), Rum (x2), Remedy, Tonic (x3),
Emerald
(
),
Amethyst
(
),
Ruby
(
),
Topaz
(
),
Sapphire
(
)
Borrowed from Elgar

use.jpg

Elgar Gligin

Level 13½ Ranger

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
18/18

Gold

Inventory:
Lightning
Emerald
Sapphire
Loaned to Ah-Hoh
,Venom, Spade,Fire Bomb,Pickaxe,Remedy,4 Potions,Phoenix Essence, Trickster's Mask of the Elf

blackknightknifk002.jpg

Knifk
(played by Bioniclover)
*Counter Striking*

Level 15½ Black Knight
*Marked by Akkaba*

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
19/33

Gold:

Inventory:
Earth
Counter Striking
- Immediately attack target in an amount equal to Power after receiving a free hit from target),Remedy, Floral Bomb, Wind Bomb,Bedroll, Shovel, Trickster's Mask of the Dwarf

thmb_thormana.jpg

Thormanil Nihai
Darkness
*, *Second-In-Command*

Level 19 Shaman
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
32 (+1)

Shield Power:

Health:
35/35

Ether:
12/19

Gold:

Inventory:
Null Darkness
lightning
), Tongue on a Stick (WP:1, Miss -> "Aim"), Potion, Grand Tonic x2, Mead, Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Deadly Venom x2, Floral Bomb, Phoenix Essence x2, Pickaxe, Shovel, Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap, Trickster's Mask of the Weredog

thmb_petdarkness.jpg

Spirit of Darkness
(controlled by Ad-Hoh)

Power: 15

Party Leader, choose the order of actions. If not done so in a timely manner, the Second-In-Command will make the decision.

Knifk, state if you want to sacrifice any additional health for your attacks (my apologies, I forgot about this ability).

Second-In-Command, just go ahead and post Knifk and Arasmyth's actions. They'll come back when they come back.

All of you, choose your targets and the Row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking. Check your stats or don't if you're too lazy. You're doing fine so far.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

Edited by Jebediahs

OOC: Ok guys, AOL decided it would be a good idea to turn off our DSL line with no notification whatsoever, then had us spend two days on the phone just to find out what happened, and won't release the rights to our line so we can get another Internet provider until the end of the billing cycle next month. Terribly sorry, we'll see you sometime in July. :hmpf::sadnew::thumbdown:

I'm posting at a McDonald's, if you're wondering. :tongue:

Order:

Knifk

Thormanil (1)

Ad-hoh

*Spirit

Thormanil (2)

Elgar

Arasmyth

Actions:

Thormanil - Attack Mage, front row (1&2)

Knifk - Attack Lead Interrogator, front row

Arasmyth - Spell(Wind) vs Zealot, back row

OoC #1: Battle stuff. As always, speak up if you've got a concern/suggestion. Unless Knifk takes damage from the Lead, he should survive another spar with the Interrogator, then he'll lose just a few hp to the mark, *then* I'll heal him. Arasmyth's risking it against the Zealot again. I'm hoping to get rid of the mage this turn, then I can focus on healing *next* turn. Sheesh, I really hope we get a chance to go shopping somewhere in this city /whistle :wink:

OoC #2: @Kadabra & Bionic. Didn't know you two were brothers. Cool! Losing your internet, less cool! AOL though? Serves you right :tongue: That's a drag, though. I don't know where I'd be without reliable internet (wait, yes I do--my parents' house a few miles outside town, haha). Best of luck getting that restored in short order, I look forward to any and all check-ins you're able to make in the interim. I can't speak for the other two, or(/especially for) Jeb, but I won't particularly mind if we slow down a bit while waiting for you two to get back online. Those orc captives sure aren't goin' anywhere, haha.

Edited by swils

thmb_paladin1.jpg

"Still spouting that Ennoc nonsense again, Ranger? Ennoc is for those dead and gone. His time has passed. You should follow Akkaba. He wouldn't let his children's city fall to greenskins!" The paladin chuckled. "Akkaba is faithful to his disciples. His vision will purge this world of the unclean races. That is the true way of restoring order to our world." He lowered his shield and pointed his mace at Elgar. "Repent and relinquish your sinful thinking. Bow down and let the True Light enter your soul."

OoC: I'll generally wait for three out of five (swils, JMB and ADHO) to post before moving on. Come back when you can!

thmb_mage0.jpg

The mage speaks with a hypnotizing tone.

"A serpent chased by hunters asked a peasant to save its life. To hide it from its pursuers, the peasant squatted and let the serpent crawl into his belly. But when the danger had passed and the peasant asked the serpent to come out, the serpent refused. It was warm and safe inside.

On his way home, the man saw a large crane and went up to him and whispered what had happened. The crane told him to squat and strain to eject the serpent. When the serpent snuck its head out, the crane caught it, pulled it out, and killed it. The peasant was worried that the serpent's poison might still be inside him so the crane told him that the cure for serpent poison was to eat nine white fowls.

'You're a fowl,' said the peasant. 'At your size you count as at least two.' He grabbed the crane, put it in a bag and carried it home, where he hung it up while he told his wife what had happened.

'I'm surprised at you,' said the wife. 'The bird does you a kindness, rids you of the evil in your belly, saves your life in fact, yet you catch it and talk of killing it.' She immediately released the crane and it flew away.

But on its way out, it gouged out her eyes."

"Now what lesson is Akkaba teaching us with this tale?"

vladek_symbol.gifvladek_symbol.gifvladek_symbol.gifvladek_symbol.gifvladek_symbol.gifvladek_symbol.gif

Results of Round Three of the Mage Interrogators Battle:

Knifk vs. Akkaba Lead Interrogator - Special Damage: Scaphism, (Special Dodge=No)

Thormanil Nihai vs. Akkaba Mage (Human) - Shield: Blood Ritual/Hit (25+12=37 damage Mage , 37 health Arasmyth )

>Ad-Hoh vs. Akkaba Mage (Human) - Shield: Summon Burst (13x2-20=6 damage Lead , 13x2-10=16 damage Interrogator , 13x2-10=16 damage Paladin , 13x2=26 damage Mage , 13x2=26 damage Zealot )

Thormanil Nihai vs. Akkaba Mage (Human) - Special Damage/Special Damage: Pontificate, (Special Guard=Yes)

>Elgar Gligin vs. Akkaban Paladin (Human) - Critical Hit (10x2+13-10=23 damage)

>Arasmyth RuGard vs. Akkaba Zealot (Elf) - Hit (5+12=17 wind damage), (MoA=Yes)

The devilish interrogater unleashes her newly developed spell. A heavy layer of stone begins to form over Knifk's boots, halting his movement. Thormanil again carries out his blood ritual to transfer health from the enemy mage to Arasmyth. Before his pet can attack, Ad-Hoh commands it to explode causing slightly reduced darkness damage to all enemies thanks to his mind being numbed. The Akkaba Mage begins to preach lessons from Akkaba but no one is listening. Knifk is fully engulfed in stone as Elgar's arrow finds it way passed the paladin's armor causing a critical hit. Arasmyth blows the zealot into a pillar but is once again struck by the Mark. Three magical ants crawl between the stone and Knifk's skin, biting him. The black knight is helpless as the second interrogator lurks toward his prey.

thmb_mage0.jpg

"I take it you weren't enticed by one of Akkaba's anectdotes? Oh well, the battle continues!"

Enemies:

thmb_interrogator0.jpg

Akkaba Lead Interrogator
- "Who is next to suffer my abilities?"

Type
Humanoid

Level:
26 (+10 damage vs mages)

Health:
205/230

SP:

Ether:
15/20

Special I:
Nullify Magic

Special II:
Pontificate
hexed

Special III:
Scaphism
- Player is
petrified

Drops:
20 gold

QM Note:

thmb_interrogator1.jpg

Akkaban Interrogator
- "Well done, Mistress."

Type
Humanoid

Level:
23 (+5 damage vs mages)

Health:
159/190

SP:

Ether:

Special I:
Sadism
encouraged

Special II:
Pontificate
hexed

Special III:
Demoralize
weakened
and
fragile

Drops:

QM Note:

thmb_paladin1.jpg

Akkaban Paladin (Human)
*Immunities:
Darkness
, Scroll Spells* - "These arrows are beginning to annoy me."

Type
Humanoid

Level:

Shield Power:

Health:
158/210

Ether:
13/13

Special I:
Lay on Hands

Special II:
Righteous Smite
blinded
the next round.

Special III:
Brief Moment of Silence
-
Seals

Drops:
100 gold

QM Note:
CAUTION!:

thmb_mage0.jpg

Akkaba Mage (Human)
- "I'm much more persuasive at the beginning of a shift."

Type
Humanoid

Level:

Shield Power:

Health:
54/200

Ether:
50/60

Special I:
Shadow Bolt
- Blasts target for 25
darkness

Special II:
Righteous Smite
blinded
the next round.

Special III:
All Shall Fall

Special IV:
Mirror Images

Special V:
Pontificate
hexed

Special VI:
Mind Numb

Drops:
30 gold, Remedy

QM Note:

thmb_zealot1.jpg

Akkaba Zealot (Elf)
*Touched by Akkaba* - "AKKABA IS THE ONLY LIGHT ONE NEEDS!"

Type
Humanoid

Level:

Health:
10/150

SP:

Ether:

Special I:
Insane Fervor
encouraged

Special II:
Pontificate
hexed

Special III:
Survival of the Fittest

Drops:
30 gold, Potion

QM Note:

The Party:

heroicarpg003edited.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard

Level 12 Mage
*Marked by Akkaba*

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
16/16

Ether:
12/16

Gold:

Inventory:
Wind
Sapphire
Topaz
Aquamarine

heroicaavatar2.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)
*Resistant to Magic*

Level
13½ Evoker
*Mind Numbed*

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
15/22

Ether:
16/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Emerald
(
),
Amethyst
(
),
Ruby
(
),
Topaz
(
),
Sapphire
(
)
Borrowed from Elgar

use.jpg

Elgar Gligin

Level 13½ Ranger

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
18/18

Gold

Inventory:
Lightning
Emerald
Sapphire
Loaned to Ah-Hoh

blackknightknifk002.jpg

Knifk
(played by Bioniclover)
*Counter Striking*

Level 15½ Black Knight
*Petrified*

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
1/33

Gold:

Inventory:
Earth
Counter Striking

thmb_thormana.jpg

Thormanil Nihai
Darkness
*, *Second-In-Command*

Level 19 Shaman
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
32 (+1)

Shield Power:

Health:
35/35

Ether:
12/19

Gold:

Inventory:
Null Darkness
lightning
), Tongue on a Stick (WP:1, Miss -> "Aim"), Potion, Grand Tonic x2, Mead, Smelling Salts, Nostrum, Deadly Venom x2, Floral Bomb, Phoenix Essence x2, Pickaxe, Shovel, Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap, Trickster's Mask of the Weredog

Knifk, state if you want to sacrifice any additional health for your attacks (my apologies, I forgot about this ability).

Second-In-Command, just go ahead and post Knifk and Arasmyth's actions. They'll come back when they come back.

All of you, choose your targets and the Row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking. Check your stats or don't if you're too lazy. You're doing fine so far.

Sorry for an all-OoC post, but didn't want to risk it getting missed in C&D and thus delaying any more than needed. Anyway, Knifk is currently petrified with 1 hp. If he takes a free hit, will his counter strike activate despite being both petrified and freshly knocked out? I'd assume not, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

OoC: Knifk's counter-strike ability will not activate. The petrified effect nullifies the magic of his gloves. I consulted with the item's creator before posting the battle results and he agreed the status effect prevents ALL actions by the target. :devil:

thmb_paladin0.jpg

Meanwhile, outside the city by the sewer entrance, it seems a certain paladin has forgotten something... "'Kabba curse it all! I cannae believe I left my work boots on. I can't show up to the wedding wearing these heavy things!" The paladin strode passed the mound of fresh dirt towards the main gate of Nahrees. It's a good thing the Party buried the body of that boy they killed or the dwarf might have put the city on high alert!

Seeing his dark apparition do its full damage against the amateur enemy mage, Ad-Hoh is motivated to keep up the pressure on her.

Ad-Hoh repeats his attack.

OOC: Sorry for missing the last round. I thought I'd already posted.

Order:

Knifk

Thormanil x2

Elgar

Ad-hoh

Arasmyth

Actions:

Knifk - Taking one for the team

Thormanil - Attack Mage, front row & Attack Lead Interrogator, front row

Arasmyth - Cast Wind vs Zealot, back row

Results of Round Four of the Mage Interrogators Battle:

Knifk vs. Status Effect - Petrified

Thormanil Nihai vs. Akkaba Mage (Human) - Meditate/Extra Critical Hit (12x3+19=55 damage)

Thormanil Nihai vs. Akkaba Lead Interrogator - Special Damage/Hit (12+19+1-20=12 damage)

>Elgar Gligin vs. Akkaban Paladin (Human) - Aim (10-10=0 damage)

>Ad-Hoh vs. Akkaba Mage (Human)Akkaba Zealot (Elf) - Shield: Summon Spirit

Ad-Hoh's Spirit of Darkness vs. Akkaba Zealot (Elf) - Spirit Attack (13x2=26 darkness damage)

>Arasmyth RuGard vs. Akkaba Zealot (Elf)Akkaba Lead Interrogator - Hit (5+12-20~0 damage)

Knifk remains covered in stone, motionless. His conscious mind still active from within the earthen prison, he hopes desperately for his companions to come to his aid. Unfortunately for him they are heavily preoccupied with their enemy targets. Knowing she is unable to cause him any physical harm, Thormanil charges the enemy mage. So engrossed by her gentlemanly wizards' duel she stood frozen as the unexpected assault took her from the fight. Thormanil next went after the Lead Interrogator but her armor prevented him from dealing the full damage. Elgar again took time to line up a headshot but it pinged harmlessly off the paladin's thick helm. Ad-Hoh's target was defeated so he took the opportunity to bring forth his shadowy spirit once more. The strength of the spirit's attack was reduced due to its master's clouded mind but it was enough to finish the zealot. Arasmyth cast another wind spell but it was not strong enough to do any harm. Witnessing as much of the scene as he could see from his position, the knight knew his friends were too busy to throw him a heal or a remedy. He let loose a mental sigh accepting his fate as the apprentice interrogator stalked toward him and more magical ants began to crawl. Arasmyth succumbed to the Mark's effects losing half his life. With two enemies down, the numbers are definitely in the Party's favor. Unfortunately they are left with three heavily armored opponents. If by a miracle they should survive, some of our heroes might want to visit a weaponsmithy.

thmb_mage0.jpg

"Yeah well, I'm done. S'time to go home. Maybe I'll get'cha next time pet mage."

Enemies:

thmb_interrogator0.jpg

Akkaba Lead Interrogator
- "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of my life."

Type
Humanoid

Level:
26 (+10 damage vs mages)

Health:
193/230

SP:

Ether:
15/20

Special I:
Nullify Magic

Special II:
Pontificate
hexed

Special III:
Scaphism
- Player is
petrified

Drops:
20 gold

QM Note:

thmb_interrogator1.jpg

Akkaban Interrogator
- "Now you
must
face the interrogators, mages!"

Type
Humanoid

Level:
23 (+5 damage vs mages)

Health:
159/190

SP:

Ether:

Special I:
Sadism
encouraged

Special II:
Pontificate
hexed

Special III:
Demoralize
weakened
and
fragile

Drops:

QM Note:

thmb_paladin1.jpg

Akkaban Paladin (Human)
*Immunities:
Darkness
, Scroll Spells* - "Bleh, I've still got patrol duty after this."

Type
Humanoid

Level:

Shield Power:

Health:
158/210

Ether:
13/13

Special I:
Lay on Hands

Special II:
Righteous Smite
blinded
the next round.

Special III:
Brief Moment of Silence
-
Seals

Drops:
100 gold

QM Note:
CAUTION!:

The Party:

heroicarpg003edited.jpg

Arasmyth RuGard

Level 12 Mage

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
8/16

Ether:
11/16

Gold:

Inventory:
Wind
Sapphire
Topaz
Aquamarine

heroicaavatar2.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)
*Resistant to Magic*

Level
13½ Evoker
*Mind Numbed*

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
15/22

Ether:
16/20

Gold:

Inventory:
Emerald
(
),
Amethyst
(
),
Ruby
(
),
Topaz
(
),
Sapphire
(
)
Borrowed from Elgar

use.jpg

Elgar Gligin

Level 13½ Ranger

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
18/18

Gold

Inventory:
Lightning
Emerald
Sapphire
Loaned to Ah-Hoh

blackknightknifk002.jpg

Knifk
(played by Bioniclover)
*Counter Striking*

Level 15½ Black Knight
*Knocked Out*

Power:

Shield Power:

Health:
0/33

Gold:

Inventory:
Earth
Counter Striking

thmb_thormana.jpg

Thormanil Nihai
Darkness
*, *Second-In-Command*

Level 19 Shaman
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
32 (+1)

Shield Power:

Health:
35/35

Ether:
12/19

Gold:

Inventory:
Null Darkness
lightning

thmb_petdarkness.jpg

Spirit of Darkness
(controlled by Ad-Hoh)

Power: 13

Knifk (if alive), state if you want to sacrifice any additional health for your attacks (my apologies, I forgot about this ability).

All of you, choose your targets and the Row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking. Check your stats as my eyes are blurry right now.

Edited by Jebediahs

Order:

Thormanil

Knifk

Ad-hoh

Elgar

Arasmyth

Thormanil

Actions:

Thormanil - Phoenix Essence (Back Row) > Knifk

Knifk -

Arasmyth -

Thormanil -

(I'll post again with further actions after JMB&ADHO post)

Edited by swils