Sign in to follow this  
dillthepill

Should Aqua Raiders have a separate forum?

Should Aqua Raiders have a forum?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we need an AquaRaiders forum?

• yes
    • no

I was wondering, do you guys think that we should have a AquaRaiders forum? I say yes. Having the Aquaraiders topics here are rather awkward to fit in with town. Think about it. A forum to discuss under water themes, including the old ones as well. We could post MOC's, polls, and other cool things. I think the Admin should seriously consider this.That would be pretty sweet. Anyways, what do you think? Yes or no. I voted yes.

We really need to sit back and watch what happens with this theme before we make a decision like this. Right now there isn't a big enough audience for it and I don't think it will be growing any larger. For now, I will refrain from voting, but I think its fine how it is.

No, but we definately need an Aquaraiders index. I'll make it if nobody else volunteers. ;-)

I agree with Grevious. We're getting too many forums and subforums, it's crazy. Otherwise we'll end up with a separate forum for each line when new sets come out. Way too much IMO. This is why I fought against a Star Wars forum not too long back ;-) And a Star Wars forum would've made a heck of a lot more sense :-P

Maybe not new forums, but

you know those little icons you can have to go next to new topic titles?

what if there were different icons available for different themes?

I will let You guESs what I put. ;-) Back on topic we should have a underwater sub forum.

Definately not. I think it will be a short-lived theme. In fact, given the amount of posts in the Trains & Town (T&T) forum, I would definately say no. Aqua Raiders is needed to boost the T&T forum, and how many messages can six sets generate?

No.

It's by far not big enough, and I agree with Brickster and think AR won't be around that long.

I'll be working on the index, though, it needs updating...

AquaRaiders are so annoying I wish they weren't in with the town stuff.

But yes, thankfully they shouldn't be around for too long. However the AR posters might be :'-(

Definately not. I think it will be a short-lived theme. In fact, given the amount of posts in the Trains & Town (T&T) forum, I would definately say no. Aqua Raiders is needed to boost the T&T forum, and how many messages can six sets generate?

I still think this is not a good idea, but I'm just pointing out that Dill isn't talking about just this one theme, he mentioned that the forum would have other underwater lines too, like Divers and Aquazone, so many obselete lines will be combined to make a mostly obselete forum.

So I agree with Grevious and Hobbes, a AR index will be great, and that's all we need.

No, for the same reason that Hobbes and the Brickster said.

AquaRaiders are so annoying I wish they weren't in with the town stuff.

But yes, thankfully they shouldn't be around for too long. However the AR posters might be

I'm curious as to why you think aquaraiders are so annoying, Calvin. They have better than average designs (IMO, anyway), and even if you don't buy them for the model, they still can be MOC'ing gold. ;-)

P.S. Also, I felt a bit insulted when you acted like you wouldn't be happy until everybody stopped posting about Aquaraiders in this forum. A lot of people here still like the theme, and I don't see whats wrong with carrying on friendly discuscion about them. Correct me if you didn't mean what I thought you meant, though. :-)

P.P.S. I'll get started on the Aquaraiders index later today. ;-)

I'm curious as to why you think aquaraiders are so annoying, Hobbes.

You quoted Calvin there...

P.S. Also, I felt a bit insulted when you acted like you wouldn't be happy until everybody stopped posting about Aquaraiders in this forum.

Uh... I said that where exactly???

Don't worry, I'll integrate it in the existing index.

Uh... I said that where exactly???

He's referring to his quote of Calvin's post again.

Don't worry, I'll integrate it in the existing index.

You mean you'll pin it?

Oh....er, sorry hobbes. I guess I just can't tell the two of you apart sometimes. :-$

He's referring to his quote of Calvin's post again.

OK, I thought I had short term memory loss ;-)

You mean you'll pin it?

Yep

Oh....er, sorry hobbes. I guess I just can't tell the two of you apart sometimes. :-$

I'm the tiger ;-)

We don't need one. I mean, not even Star Wars has it's own forum, so why should some new theme which will likely only last a year, maybe two, have one?

Heh, but yet we have a war-gaming forum. *wacko*

I can't speak for the mods, but probably because the subject is so much different than discussions re. different themes. I wanted a separate Mystery Forum a while back for the same reason.

I see what you mean but all the topics are Exo-Force and all the people who are interested in war-gaming hereat EB mainly (problably about 4 maybe 5 people) like Exo-Force in which case all the threads could just stay in the space and mecha forum.

I know nothing about war-gaming, but isn't it more than just Mechs (historic figs/armies too)? If what you say is true, I very much see your point. It doesn't look like a busy forum either. Perhaps it was a new idea.

But in regard to AR, it's just a few sets. Look at Vikings and Batman, and they were good themes that will be expanded. Based on past history, interest in these diminish as soon as the hipe of a new theme burns out. Then they'll be burried with Davy Jone's locker.

I'm curious as to why you think aquaraiders are so annoying, Calvin. They have better than average designs (IMO, anyway), and even if you don't buy them for the model, they still can be MOC'ing gold. ;-)

P.S. Also, I felt a bit insulted when you acted like you wouldn't be happy until everybody stopped posting about Aquaraiders in this forum. A lot of people here still like the theme, and I don't see whats wrong with carrying on friendly discuscion about them. Correct me if you didn't mean what I thought you meant, though. :-)

I just do not like them at all Grevious. I was just giving my op. I don't pretend that I like the days when most the of new posts on the Trains & Town forum are about AR stuff.