after mentioning i would like to see a self propelled sprayer in 2013 i decided i would design and build my own... i am still in the testing phase... making sure everything is going to work... but here is the design in LDD...

SPECS

2 pnuematic pumps

4 large pnuematic cylinders

1 PF XL motor

2 PF M motor

2 PF IR recievers

approx. 20 studs wide when folded

approx. 60 studs long folded

approx 25 studs tall

arms approx. 260 studs wide extended

uses large motorcycle wheels and tires

2WD

arms each sectioned 4 times

spray aprms lowered and lifted by 2 pnuematic cylinders

main sprayer sections opened by 1 pnuematic cylinder each

what it is supposed to look like

r4d018584_sprayers_942x458.jpg

base front view

lddscreenshot12.png

base side view

lddscreenshot13.png

opening hood and doors with inline 4-cylinder engine

lddscreenshot14.png

sprayer added with apporx. 128 stud long arm on each side sectioned into approx. 32 stud long folding sections

lddscreenshot15.png

close up of tank and pnuematics... battery box and recievers integrated into solution tank

lddscreenshot16.png

folded side view

lddscreenshot17.png

folded front view

lddscreenshot18.png

Very ambitious project! I would LOVE to see it in real pictures :hmpf_bad:

My only worry is the pneumatics and M-motor and such not having enough power for that massive sprayer! :sceptic:

Also, use the offroad motorbike tires in the real model :thumbup:

I wish you the best of luck! :classic::thumbup:

i think the pnuematics will hold up the design right now is to have the M motor driving 2 6L pumps one for the up/down and one for the opening/closing... if i have to i will add an air tank to help...

at this point i am still in design so no real pictures and the youtube video is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhAK2Fl6vRY&feature=youtu.be

pnuematic test

which off road tires are you meaning in ldd these are the largest narrowest wheels on there. the ones on here are 96X22 like on the 8051 motorcycle...

the main concern i have now is if the arms are to long they may sag... so i might have to add some cableing to support it. or i would have to shorten the arms... doing this would make it a little more practical but unrealistic

-gilby

Edited by gilby

thanks guys... dluders- no i dont live on a farm but after leaving england i lived out in the countryside of wisconsin around alot of farms, and thank you for reposting the test video it hasnt been working for me for some reason...

-gilby

i think the pnuematics will hold up the design right now is to have the M motor driving 2 6L pumps one for the up/down and one for the opening/closing... if i have to i will add an air tank to help...

at this point i am still in design so no real pictures and the youtube video is here

which off road tires are you meaning in ldd these are the largest narrowest wheels on there. the ones on here are 96X22 like on the 8051 motorcycle...

the main concern i have now is if the arms are to long they may sag... so i might have to add some cableing to support it. or i would have to shorten the arms... doing this would make it a little more practical but unrealistic

-gilby

Hi,

i drive a version of the real thing and, if you want, can provide some pictures..

The real sprayer´s boom is a complex structure made of several elements to make ist rigid, i added a picture to describe it

greetings from Germany,

Moritz.

Boom%20740i.jpg

Edited by Identic

Thinking about it, my sprayer´s center section is a lot more complicated compared to the american version (because the chemicals are way more expensive here in Germany, farmers try to cover the ground as precise as possible)

Center%20inner%20section%20unfolded.JPG

in the european version, the whole boom swings around a center pivot to make it follow the shape of the ground

the american version has hydraulics between the center section and the wings to change the angle

It would be way easier to explain this in german :laugh:

edit: for the last 3 weeks i used this combination

Datensicherung%20iPhone%201%20Juni%202012%20468.jpg

It´s a rough change from the self propelled sprayer to the trailed version ^^

Edited by Identic

That's very interesting how they differ for use in other places. I would love for Lego to produce some more tractors for their Technic line, but more complex than what we have seen before. You guys make some nice cars over there too - that's all I will drive! :classic:

That's very interesting how they differ for use in other places. I would love for Lego to produce some more tractors for their Technic line, but more complex than what we have seen before. You guys make some nice cars over there too - that's all I will drive! :classic:

I do love german cars, but sometimes i really enjoy the sound of an american v8 ;)

I´d love to see Lego make Tractors..the Unimog was a good start, but there´s is room to go...Great, now i can´t stop thinking about a working Lego version of the 4940 :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Identic

i appeciate the pictures.. as for ground following.. i am trying to keep the weight down on the arms as my tests have show that they bend severly... i am going to add some cabeling for support for two reasons 1. to keep the joints from pulling apart from the weight. 2. and to support the bending... as for the look i am planning on running the cables through some pnuematic tubing or similar to simulate hosing... i might add two small pnuematic cylinders to the ends of the arms for support. i have tried but have been unsucessful in incorporating pnuematics to fold the arms other than than the main boom sections. i just dont think that the small cylinders can handle it. in strength or length.

i have also redisigned the sprayer. the arms have been redesigned to recreate the original. i have replaced the motorized pump to two large hand pumps. i have redesigned the arms making the main part longer and the two outer sections have stayed the same. i have also added more detail in a walkway, exhaust and more. i am out of town but i will add pictures when i get home.

Edited by gilby