Luap31

Brickville

Hey guys!

I am currently working on a semi-realistic micro city called Brickville. I would like to know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

6968025971_2cd2859b91_c.jpg

A little city!? That, my friend, is a large city. It's all very impressive, and I like how you transfered from a downtown area to more suburban land. The 'glass' buildings look quite good, and the inclusion of a major water sourece just makes it even better! :blush:

Keep it up! :thumbup:

Edited by Dakar A

Excellent detail and variety with the buildings! Your project looks great :thumbup:

The only thing I'd change is that you have Lego bricks on the floor...careful not to step on them!

Close-ups, please! Especially of that museum/palace thing in the back with the sand green roof and some of the more intricate skyscrapers.

Great job on this cityscape, it actually looks like a city, with a commercial and an industrial area, as well as roads and other infrastructure. Also kudos for incorporating Lego architecture sets, the really do work at the scale you've used.

Am I the only one getting major Sim City vibes from this?

Close-ups, please! Especially of that museum/palace thing in the back with the sand green roof ...

I think that is actually Lego 21011 Brandenburger Tor or closely inspired by it.

Edited by fyrmedhatt

Excellent job on this project, very realistic! It looks fantastic from afar, but I too would love to see close-ups of the different areas. Keep up the great work default_classic.gif

This is excellent. I love it and the size of it. I always wanted to make a HUGE city with many different districts.

Doing it mini is perfect and really captures a more urban environment with using less parts. :wub:

Very impressive micro-city there 'Luap31' ! :thumbup:

I like the use of trans-clear and grille tile pieces for the high-rise buildings. :thumbup:

Brick On 'Luap31' ! :classic:

Thanks guys!

Below are some closeups.

6345309367_ed4db5f0ed_n.jpg6211246723_eccca368d9_n.jpg

6583650735_69467fc655_n.jpg5581505298_b1e8f0187d_n.jpg

Edited by Luap31

Note to self, reload Simcity on good gaming computer...

Wonderful MOC. You really feel like you re looking down on a real city.

I am thinking about expanding southward (the city is situated the same as Chicago, Milwaukee, etc.) for Brickworld 2013. I think I can manage a 3x4 green baseplate expansion in time for next June.

You are so clearly playing a different game than me, and making me want to use bad words on the forum, so just, wow.

That is so cool! What a great job you have done.

Its a real shame theres nothing train wise that could be made to fit this scale. Can you imagine some working trains moving about that city.Im almost tempted to ditch my large modulars for displaying and do something like this.

How on earth did I miss this? This is incredible! The huge advantage of building in this scale is obviously that you can build a bigger diorama without using so many bricks - but when the diorama gets as big as this, it consumes a lot of bricks anyway :)

The only thing I'd do differently, although it'd naturally be a bit more expensive, is to swap the blue bricks (tiles? plates?) you've used for the sea for some trans-blue ones. When the rest is so gorgeously detailed, blue seems like a somewhat plain choice. Apart from that, it's absolutely fantastic!

Awesome stuff! An amazing amount of detail in such a small scale... I love it! (I think the " twisted" skyscraper is my favourite)

Great work!