ACPin

Petranaki Arena

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Just received notification that this project

Creator Sets: Star Wars Arena Beasts

has been reviewed by the Lego reps and now published in Lego CUUSOO!

Please support if you want these beasts to become real sets.

Posted: June 7, 2012

The Petranaki arena, also known as the Arena of Justice

and commonly referred to as the Geonosian execution arena,

was brought about by both a need for entertainment in the rigid Geonosian society,

and an efficient way of disposing of otherwise resource-draining prisoners.

The most popular attractions used deadly beasts in combat,

resulting in the extinction of some of the more crowd pleasing creatures on Geonosis.

GeonosianExecutionArena-a00-068-EB.jpg

CLICK ON THIS TO SEE THE LARGER PIC!

GeonosianExecutionArena-a01-018-EB.jpg

GeonosianExecutionArena-a04-101-EB.jpg

GeonosianExecutionArena-a07-100-EB.jpg

GeonosianExecutionArena-a16-063-EB.jpg

GeonosianExecutionArena-a19-060-EB.jpg

GeonosianExecutionArena-a13-090-EB.jpg

Click on any image to see more details!

AC

WOW! I wondered how you could afford all of those Genosian warriors but then in the last shot I can see how you got so many, nice technique.

The scene, like all of you builds is epic. So much to look at and so many details, well done Apcin. :thumbup:

That is a simply fantastic MOC. :cry_happy:

The monsters are superbly built, but my favorite part is the texture of the walls. You gave them such a natural look that can be hard to do with LEGO bricks. Excellent work AC. :thumbup:

Impressive work! I like how you made the Geonosians' heads with bricks; they work really well.

All it lacks is an inner corridor with a shadowy figure with a purple lightsabre getting to the tribune. :wink:

Talaga namang nakakamangha ang ganda! :thumbup:

Bravo once again AC, another grand spectacle of a build this is, and one of my favorite SW settings too.

I know you have a penchant for "maximizing" your builds, so is there any chance we will we see this particular scene in this arena? (again another personal favorite) :classic:

My goodness me, I'm just...well... :wub:.

:damn: (That's my mind being blown out of my ears).

The little MOC Geonosians are really effective. Are there new Geonosians mixed with the old ones?

*oh2* Oh, wow....this is one of the most amazing MOCs I've ever seen! I love the details on the walls. This - saying that this is fantastic doesn't even scratch the surface.

Amazing work as usual, Mr Pin! :sweet: I absolutely love the shaping of the arches along the top of the walls and all the rockwork. :wub:

This is superb ACPin! It's one of your best yet; the scale of it is amazing and you must have spent hours on it. I especially like the custom built Geonosians, they really add to it (and look like wombles...!)

Truly epic work from a Lego Master. Five star rating :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Oh...my... :oh3::oh: I'm speechless.

:laugh:

:wub_drool: This is amazing!

:wub_drool: This is amazing!

:sweet:

Wow.

This...I...

Wow

:grin:

WOW! I wondered how you could afford all of those Genosian warriors but then in the last shot I can see how you got so many, nice technique.

The scene, like all of you builds is epic. So much to look at and so many details, well done Apcin. :thumbup:

There's a lot of Imperial officers that had to be sacrificed to achieve that! :sad:

That is a simply fantastic MOC. :cry_happy:

The monsters are superbly built, but my favorite part is the texture of the walls. You gave them such a natural look that can be hard to do with LEGO bricks. Excellent work AC. :thumbup:

I tried to make them look as organic as possible. There are actually four basic wall units, the other two are almost identical to but mirror images of two from the four basic ones.

Impressive work! I like how you made the Geonosians' heads with bricks; they work really well.

All it lacks is an inner corridor with a shadowy figure with a purple lightsabre getting to the tribune. :wink:

The corridor is actually there and Mace is just waiting inside but not shown in any of the pics.

This is brilliant. :drool: So many tan pieces :wub: . Your Mocs never fail to amaze me :thumbup:

Between this and the hangar, my tan brick supply is almost exhausted.

As usual amazing work ACPin :thumbup:

I see you go for the classic yellow minifig instead of "new" fleshies :grin:

You should know me by now that I'm a retro fan of the yellow classic minifigs. Nice to see you back on the boards KimT.

Talaga namang nakakamangha ang ganda! :thumbup:

Bravo once again AC, another grand spectacle of a build this is, and one of my favorite SW settings too.

I know you have a penchant for "maximizing" your builds, so is there any chance we will we see this particular scene in this arena? (again another personal favorite) :classic:

Maraming salamat Kiel!

Haven't planned on another scene yet to make use of the background as I intend to bring this to some shows. One issue I have is the space to accomodate more action in the arena.

My goodness me, I'm just...well... :wub:.

:damn: (That's my mind being blown out of my ears).

The little MOC Geonosians are really effective. Are there new Geonosians mixed with the old ones?

Yes, there's a mix of the old and new Geonosians together with the brick-built ones.

*oh2* Oh, wow....this is one of the most amazing MOCs I've ever seen! I love the details on the walls. This - saying that this is fantastic doesn't even scratch the surface.

:laugh:

*huh* Dude, this is awesome! :thumbup: The scale of this thing is just so immense.

Foot print is two by four large baseplates and I really need more space...

You mean you didn't do the entire arena? Pfffftt. Just kidding, its great.

If I had the space for it, I would have done it! :grin:

Amazing work as usual, Mr Pin! :sweet: I absolutely love the shaping of the arches along the top of the walls and all the rockwork. :wub:

The design of the arena essentially was made to be consistent with the earlier smaller MOC and the balcony put together.

This is superb ACPin! It's one of your best yet; the scale of it is amazing and you must have spent hours on it. I especially like the custom built Geonosians, they really add to it (and look like wombles...!)

Truly epic work from a Lego Master. Five star rating :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

It was one of the issues that I had to face when I posted the final teaser pic. How am I going to fill up all the space with just a dozen or so Geonosians?

AC

Sorry to off topic post in this glorious thread, but what 'language' is that?(Kiel/AC talking)

AC, I bet if you posted this on the CUUSOO website, it would make roughly 3,000 supporters in under an hour! This is good stuff, man!!

Sorry to off topic post in this glorious thread, but what 'language' is that?(Kiel/AC talking)

That's Tagalog which is a local dialect in the Philippines.

AC, I bet if you posted this on the CUUSOO website, it would make roughly 3,000 supporters in under an hour! This is good stuff, man!!

Be careful what you wish for! :wink:

OH MY GOODNESS! :drool:

I can't think of anything to say. *wub*

Say something and stop drooling! :laugh:

AC

If I had the space for it, I would have done it! :grin:

Well obviously you should knock down a wall to make room for your MOCs. I've been known to move a book off a shelf myself.

Well obviously you should knock down a wall to make room for your MOCs. I've been known to move a book off a shelf myself.

Easier said than done, but I'll be able to do more when I bring it to a show.

AC

WOW. This is amazing. Im speechless...

C'mon people, say something! Like what part do you like best or not?

AC