Erdbeereis

Astromech Workplace Contest

Everyone likes those cute little astromech droids, with their robotic speech and movements. However, in the Star Wars movies, we have not seen the astromech droid in action very often.

We haven't? :wacko: I'm pretty sure I have. Maybe the rest of you have seen only bits and pieces of the movies. :wink:

But that said, this is a nifty contest. I doubt I'll even get my bricks sufficiently organized to facilitate significant free building in time for this, but I hope to try to enter anyway.

Good luck to everyone!

We haven't? :wacko: I'm pretty sure I have. Maybe the rest of you have seen only bits and pieces of the movies. :wink:

But that said, this is a nifty contest. I doubt I'll even get my bricks sufficiently organized to facilitate significant free building in time for this, but I hope to try to enter anyway.

Good luck to everyone!

I don't know, I don't recall seeing droids featured all that often (other than R2-D2). However, I only watched the movies once, so I'm certainly not an expert. Let's just put it down to creative license to make the contest theme exciting. :wink:

I think I might enter, tho there'll be small point ^^; i've never posted an MOC, and I have very limited parts at my disposal. Two astromechs, tho, which helps, I suppose ^^;

Yes, pretty much. It could be a ship, hangar, etc. Anywhere that an astromech could do its job will work.

Are there any size limits?

How are the prizes gotten I am from Singapore so can I participate?

Of course. :classic: The prizes will be shipped out to the winners.

I don't know, I don't recall seeing droids featured all that often (other than R2-D2)...

They're in almost every space battle, mounted in the fighters.

They're in almost every space battle, mounted in the fighters.

True, but somehow they don't feel like a "star character" somehow. Anyway, it doesn't matter, let's keep this discussion on the contest. :classic:

Yes, pretty much. It could be a ship, hangar, etc. Anywhere that an astromech could do its job will work.

are there any size limits?

are there any size limits?

You just asked this and got an answer yesterday. :sceptic:

• There is no size limit for this competition.

Sounds like I might want to enter, but I have a question first:

Is cuting flex tube counted as modifying parts?

Edited by Nathanael

Nathaneael, as the tubes come in set lengths, cutting them is not allowed for this contest. :classic:

Are you allowed to change your entry until the end date? I mean, change the whole project and re-name it? I know it says they are WIPs but I'm not sure whether you can redo the whole thing from scratch. Help appreciated! default_classic.gif

Are you allowed to change your entry until the end date? I mean, change the whole project and re-name it? I know it says they are WIPs but I'm not sure whether you can redo the whole thing from scratch. Help appreciated! default_classic.gif

Yes indeed. You are allowed to change up your entry up until the end date in August. However, if you want to completely rename the MOC, then you would have to PM me or another staff member, as only staff can change topic titles. :classic:

I've just some out of my dark ages and SW themed contest seems like a really good thing for me.

It would be silly from me to expect to win, or place in TOP 5, but I'm still going to try.

WIth Miniland, probably, since I don't have any astromechs (I might borrow one, though).

By the way, UCS R2-D2?!? That's mad! Can't wait to see all the entries.

Could I create a scene from a SW book/comic? I remember one funny part and would like to re-visualize it in plastic. :wink:

When will the winners etc be announced? Also, how do the winners get picked?

Once the deadline passes, a voting topic will be opened, in which exact details of voting will be specified. Once the voting is closed, the winners will be announced as soon as the staff finishes tallying the votes.

Could I create a scene from a SW book/comic? I remember one funny part and would like to re-visualize it in plastic. :wink:

As long as it has an astromech droid in it, it's good to go.

Sounds like a great contest with amazing prizes! :thumbup: I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I am brand new to EB, can I still enter the contest?