Sign in to follow this  
TheKingOfBuilding

MOC: Log Cabin

7159868779_c9a1d026fa.jpg

Today i'd like to share my log cabin. It's very sturdy and can fit comfortably on a 32x32 baseplate but currently has no interior.

7159868349_c50f871d10.jpg

And a shot of the other side. The pine tree is from the Winter Village Toy Shop, minus the fairy lights.

7159868047_55fba4b603.jpg

I hope you liked my Log cabin! Mabye I might build a forest around it some day?

Wow! It's very realistic and far better than the Creator set that has the same name!

Does it have an interior?

Edited by Lego Amaryl

Wow! Nice attention to detail! A great MOC 'TheKingOfBuilding'

Rail Co

Edited by Rail Co

Looks very nice! A nice cabin indeed! the stack of logs is also nice!

Well done.

I think the brick bricks on the base should be the gray kind so it looks more like a stone foundation but other than that it is rad.

AWESOME creation ' TheKingOfBuilding ', I :wub: the log effect and that tan SNOT roof too ! :grin:

Cool work there.....Brick On ' TheKingOfBuilding ' ! :grin:

Thanks for all of the great responses! I've just made a quick interior. The thing made out of battle droid parts is supposed to be a moose head, trust me, it looks better in person.

7163384111_c87db7899a.jpg

Edited by TheKingOfBuilding

Ok so I love log cabins in real life so when I think of a log cabin this is exactly what I think of. A cozy one room cabin in the middle of the forest. So on the design and execution very very nice work!

Now the interior. I LOVE IT! the moose is sooo cool I would never have thought to use droid parts for it.

Great job, I can't take my eyes off of the pictures.

Charlie

Dang, This set is fantastic. I prefer this over the creator set.

Great job!

That's a great-looking cabin!

And PHEW! I've been working on a log cabin myself recently (just in LDD for now) and I'm so glad yours looks different! :laugh:

This is a very nice log cabin :sweet:. Using the log bricks on the side for making a log cabin is a given, but you've solved the corner problem beautifully, and I especially like how you've done the windows and door.

Some very nice Log cabins... but would it kill TLG to actually create LOG bricks... instead of "stockade" bricks (vertical instead of horizontal logs)...

It's amazing at all the gimmickry and SNOT techniques that folks ingeniously find to get around the fact that TLG never really came out with a log system. And even their stockade system... which is ideal for Art Deco office towers (a terra cotta look), still only has a 1x2 and 1x4 bricks... which does not allow for sturdy construction.

I see the new 1x2 "rusticated" brick going the same way. TLG creates one or two bricks, but not enough of a system to create some real masterwork without all the SNOT and gimmickry.

The best "systems" that TLG ever created were the classic windows/doors (9 windows and 1 left and right door)... and the 45 degree slopes (13 different elements that you could make and gabled or hip roofed building from).

Besides those 2... TLG hasn't had a "system" in years.... default_angry.gif

Just my usual rant of TLG going away from their "System" concept long ago...

Edited by LEGO Historian