Cammo

LEGO City Undercover

According to my son, The Chase Begins is listed on the 3DS eShop for £34.99. It's not yet available, just listed.

According to my son, The Chase Begins is listed on the 3DS eShop for £34.99. It's not yet available, just listed.

Just checked myself on my 3DS, and yes, it is listed as Nintendo 3DS Retail/Download for $39.99 here in Canada

I got Chase Begins awhile ago... It's fantastic! It looks and feels like its older brother. I love how all the missions are in the open world itself. Best LEGO game on 3DS. I just got my 3DS last summer and I am amazed at how much better the graphics are. If anybody has questions about Chase Begins, I might have an answer. (Almost done with story!)

I have played the wii u version, and now the 3ds version. And the 3ds version is really bad. I know they are two totally different games. Fighting is boring, grapics are meh in comparing to other 3ds games. Story is also weaker.

Beat the Wii U game this weekend (no, not playing the whole thing in one weekend, but finally got to put in enough time to finish). Great game! I just beat the main story; I haven't replayed yet to get all the extras, so it says I'm only 25% done :) Definitely worth getting if you've got a U.

Just finished the main story. Excellent game BTW. I was wondering, how do I get to Lady Liberty Island? It say "not available to public" when I can clearly see minifigures walking on it!

Just finished the main story. Excellent game BTW. I was wondering, how do I get to Lady Liberty Island? It say "not available to public" when I can clearly see minifigures walking on it!

Remember the area where Chase had to fight off the Sentinels after breaking into Blackwell Mansion (the first time). In that same circular building (it's in downtown) there is a box which only Rex Fury can break open. When you open it you find a warp pipe which takes you to the island!

If you don't have Rex Fury you can unlock him in the free fall section of the final mission.

Apologies for the big bump!

I'm currently playing through the game for the first time myself. I never owned a Wii U so this is a whole new experience for me. I'm loving the game so far, I've currently completed 3 missions. The fact you can free roam is awesome to me, I've been playing with my wife and exploring the city together and it's so much fun.

On 10/4/2021 at 8:49 AM, LegoMikey said:

Apologies for the big bump!

I'm currently playing through the game for the first time myself. I never owned a Wii U so this is a whole new experience for me. I'm loving the game so far, I've currently completed 3 missions. The fact you can free roam is awesome to me, I've been playing with my wife and exploring the city together and it's so much fun.

It's really nice to see someone discovering this game now. I finished the story mode a few months ago and it's arguably my favorite LEGO Game. Chase McCain is easily my favorite LEGO mascot of the 2010s (so much so I made a video about him...). It's one of my go-to games to play if I just want to chill and listen to a podcast. It's unfortunate that after the 2017 remaster, this game and Chase McCain has been seemingly swept under the proverbial rug by The LEGO Group.

Yeah, Chase McCain is really cool. I really like his character. Have you got a link to the video you made of him @Henry Bricklider?

Earlier today I found out you can customise your characters which is awesome! Changed the designs on a few of the characters but kept the default Chase McCain police officer look.

That is a shame! I'm starting to play more of the Lego games having spent a long time not playing them. Lego World's looks fun and the Star Wars game that is coming out next year is a definite buy for me. 

1 hour ago, LegoMikey said:

Yeah, Chase McCain is really cool. I really like his character. Have you got a link to the video you made of him @Henry Bricklider?

Earlier today I found out you can customise your characters which is awesome! Changed the designs on a few of the characters but kept the default Chase McCain police officer look.

That is a shame! I'm starting to play more of the Lego games having spent a long time not playing them. Lego World's looks fun and the Star Wars game that is coming out next year is a definite buy for me. 

I do! Here it is: 

Chase's default look in the Wii U version of the game is great! In the 2017 remaster they changed his appearance, and the Wii U default look can only be acquired through the character customizer.

LEGO Worlds is alright. I think it works best with its online component (something I just do not have/do). Skywalker Saga certainly looks promising. I'm interested to see how close they stick to the LEGO game formula or if they do a bunch of really crazy, new things with it.

Great video @Henry Bricklider. The Chase McCain figures look awesome! Definitely going to look into buying one.

With the Skywalker Saga I read you can play through the episodes in any order. I'm debating whether to play through 1-9 or the order of when the films were released.

13 hours ago, LegoMikey said:

Great video @Henry Bricklider. The Chase McCain figures look awesome! Definitely going to look into buying one.

With the Skywalker Saga I read you can play through the episodes in any order. I'm debating whether to play through 1-9 or the order of when the films were released.

Thanks! The figures are pretty easy to get ahold of.

I suppose you could play through them in one particular order, and then do a replay of the story missions again in a different order.

7 hours ago, Henry Bricklider said:

Thanks! The figures are pretty easy to get ahold of.

I suppose you could play through them in one particular order, and then do a replay of the story missions again in a different order.

What was the website you mentioned in the video that you can buy the figures from? I'll check it out.

24 minutes ago, LegoMikey said:

What was the website you mentioned in the video that you can buy the figures from? I'll check it out.

The website is called BrickLink. eBay may also have some listings for the different versions of Chase McCain.

Thanks @Henry Bricklider. I'll look at prices now.

Haven't played any Undercover for a few days as I've been out, hoping to play some this weekend.

Edited by LegoMikey