LEGO City Undercover

LegoCityUndercover.jpg

General Info:

Open world free-roaming game.

Expected launch: March 1st, 2013

Platforms: Wii U, 3DS

Developer: TT Fusion

Official website: http://videogames.le...eenshots/mixed/

Lego City Undercover is an upcoming sandbox-style action-adventure video game, currently in development by TT Fusion, a division of TT Games, that will be released on the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS on Q1 2013 or Q2 2013. Unlike previous Lego titles developed by TT Games, which have been based on various licenses, the game is based on the Lego City brand and will be published by Nintendo. It is the first Lego game to be published by Nintendo rather than an independent publisher such as WB Games or LucasArts.

Gameplay

Taking place in the vast Lego City, players play as an undercover cop named Chase McCain as he goes on the hunt for criminals. Chase has various moves at his disposal, such as swinging across poles and performing wall jumps. He can also gain disguises that give him additional abilities, such as a robber disguise that lets him break locks. Chase can also pilot vehicles such as cars and helicopters and use loose bricks to build various objects. The Wii U GamePad also has various uses, such as a scanner to locate criminals.

Gameplay borrows many elements from the Grand Theft Auto series, however is role-reversed with the player taking on the role of a police officer enforcing the law, rather than a criminal committing crime. The game also includes references to notable Nintendo intellectual properties, such as having the ability to build a Lego warp pipe, and using it to warp similarly to the Super Mario universe warp pipes.

Here's the first trailer of the upcoming LEGO game: Lego City Undercover

Sources: Wikipedia, Youtube, IGN, nintendo.com

Edited by Cammo

Cool!

Ellie_Phillips.png

I'd love to have that as a hairpiece..

EDIT: Same with this: Rex_Fury.jpg

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Some awesome lego hummor, but no Wii U for me :thumbdown:

"Tell me who you work for."

"Ugh, I can't, he'll tear me apart!" *hand falls off arm*

:laugh: Well, it's no Lego Island 3, but it sure feels more like it than any other game Traveling Tales has ever made. Maybe that's why the voice acting actually worked for me here. If only it wasn't an exclusive to the Wii U, which looks dead on impact as far as I'm concerned. :sadnew:

Edited by Zarkan

If it was on Xbox, I would actually buy it! That's saying something. :laugh:

Seeing this at E3, it looks pretty cool! My favorite part of the trailer has to be the Mario reference at the end and the random Zelda reference. Though I do have a 3DS and will be getting a Wii U, I most likely wont get this game...

Edited by just2good

WHY WAS THAT EVEN THERE!

Got a laugh out of me. Not a system seller, but the missus will probably get a Wii U at some point (when a Zelda or Animal Crossing comes out for it) so I'll have to go back and check it out then!

This look fairly interesting, but I don't like Nintendo at all. Maybe I can play the demo in store or something...

Game looks fun and good, would prefer it for the xbox tho, without the wii u controller annoyance.

maybe it'll just be a timed exclusive like some things turn out to be sometimes.

for example: mass effect 2 was xbox exclusive then came out on ps3 some time later, same with bioshock.

I haven't been this excited about a LEGO video game in ages. It seems to take the best aspects of LEGO Island, the Travelers Tales games, Clutch Powers and the LEGO City mini-movies, adds a dash of Grand Theft Auto, and blends it all together to create an iconic LEGO experience that appeals to me far more than the stream of LEGO licensed video games ever did. Not to mention the video game references sprinkled throughout which make this one of the most self-aware LEGO games yet. The main things Nintendo showed which caught my attention were this and Scribblenauts Unlimited, and this in particular is the first game that makes me really want to get a Wii U.

564838_428381373861084_657157799_n.jpg

From the LEGO Shop facebook page. Nothing new, I know, but, whatever. :classic:

I'm pretty exited for this game. Nintendo doesn't get enough (in my opinion) good exclusive games!

Edited by Parrothead Rasmus

Lots of stuff about the game on the LEGO Video Games page. Including some great character posters! (Other sites have some of them in high-res, but the one with Natalia McCain (possibly a female player character?) doesn't show up anywhere else on a Google search.

Does anyone have "codes" from this year's LEGO City sets, or know what they unlock on the LEGO Video Games page?

LEGO just can't be serious about this ... they just can't.

Come on, they won't do realistic weapons and stuff because of the violence, they are rejecting a lot of projects on CUUSOO for example because of beeing non-appropriated for the children target audience, and then they go and do a game that we look at and instantly remember one of the most violence appealing games ever (yes LEGO Undercover is a rubbish GTA clone whether you like it or not ...)?

Really?

Glad it's coming for WII and NDS only. That's a good way of forcing me to pass it anyways, since I only play PC.

Come on, they won't do realistic weapons and stuff because of the violence, they are rejecting a lot of projects on CUUSOO for example because of beeing non-appropriated for the children target audience, and then they go and do a game that we look at and instantly remember one of the most violence appealing games ever (yes LEGO Undercover is a rubbish GTA clone whether you like it or not ...)?

Really?

Glad it's coming for WII and NDS only. That's a good way of forcing me to pass it anyways, since I only play PC.

Where do you see "realistic weapons" or violence in the trailer? Does it matter if it reminds you of one of the most violent games ever?

Really?

That's the best part of this, IMO. It seems to essentially take the gameplay of Grand Theft Auto and turn it into a family-friendly game. I've never played GTA because the mature themes turned me off, but I've heard amazing things about the open-world gameplay, so this game looks right up my alley.

There's no hypocrisy on LEGO's part here. LEGO won't license media that's not kid appropriate, but that doesn't mean they're not afraid to put their own spin on it. Mars Mission riffed on a lot of the motifs of Alien, and the Collectable Minifig Spartan is a veiled reference to 300. There's a difference between something being a reference to a mature work and having mature content itself.

smart move for lego to make a city themed game with similar gameplay with the upcoming batman 2 dc superheroes game.

considering there are millions of 3ds kid owners throughout the world, for sure some will eventually venture into buying the real city themed lego sets found in the game.

its about time lego expanded their games from starwars, batmans and harry potters :)

i'm picking up the game for sure

Edited by melbs

I saw the 9 minute trailer, and the most disappointing thing is that almost none of the buildings are made out of LEGOs. Buildings, roads, grass and trees are for the most part just taken straight out of a GTA game.

I saw the 9 minute trailer, and the most disappointing thing is that almost none of the buildings are made out of LEGOs. Buildings, roads, grass and trees are for the most part just taken straight out of a GTA game.

Something to keep in mind is that while the games haven't been 100% consistent with this, it used to be in the original LEGO Star Wars games that a lot of details were not made of LEGO specifically so you could tell that you couldn't break or interact with them. In that tradition, it looks like in this game things are only made of LEGO if it is possible for players to break or otherwise interact with them, so the non-LEGO buildings are perfectly justified IMO.

As well as what Aanchir said, if everything was made out of LEGO, it would look terrible on screen, there would be zero textures, and a lot would be needed from the lighting engine, which is not the best thing to have. And of course things aren't taken from a GTA game. :sceptic:

I don't understand why Lego stoped making Lego games for PC... I really wanted to play this...

As far as I know, LEGO LOTR will be released for PC,

it might just be this that either gets a 3DS and Wii U exclusive release, and otherwise we'll see it on more platforms sooner or later.

~ General Magma

it might just be this that either gets a 3DS and Wii U exclusive release, and otherwise we'll see it on more platforms sooner or later.

~ General Magma

LOTR won't, on initial release, Lego Batman 2 will, though.

~ General Magma

I wouldn't get your hopes to high. This game is being published by Nintendo, making it fall into the same category as Mario in Nintendo's eyes. And Nintendo would never make a Mario game for xbox. Nintendo just doesn't like making it's games for other platforms.

I just watched the trailer and it looks good. I won't be buying it though.

The thing that caught my eye the most were the vehicles. At 1:38, does anybody know if the design of the green car has been released in a set. The same for the orange car at 0:24.

I would love to build it myself. :classic: