1. 1. Which is your favourite LOTR set?

• 9469 Gandalf Arrives
    • 9470 Shelob Attacks
    • 9471 Uruk-hai Army
    • 9472 Attack on Weathertop
    • 9473 Mines of Moria
    • 9474 The Battle of Helm's Deep
    • 9467 Orc Forge

In this topic, you can post what LOTR set you think is the best and why. Have fun discussing. :classic::thumbup:

The sets:

9469 Gandalf Arrives

9470 Shelob Attacks

9471 Uruk-hai Army

9472 Attack On Weathertop

9473 Mines Of Moria

9474 The Battle Of Helms Deep

9476 Orc Forge

lego-lotr.jpg

You can also talk about what your least favourite set is and your favourite upcoming set too. :wink:

Edited by Ferrik

Wouldn't adding a poll be a good idea. :wink:

I can't pick favourite yet I only own one set.....the Uruk-Hai Army set. :wink:

Wouldn't adding a poll be a good idea. :wink:

I can't pick favourite yet I only own one set.....the Uruk-Hai Army set. :wink:

Yeah, I know a poll would be great, but I haven't posted enough posts yet to be able to make a poll...

Well you could tell us what you like about it and whether it's good or bad. :sweet:

I would have to say Moria. It captures the scene so perfectly, and the figure selection is amazing, with three exclusive Fellowship members. The troll is outstanding, and it just looks epic. Ifi could have a second choice, I would say Shelob. It has (what I consider) the three most important characters of the story, and Shelob is fantastic.

In this topic, you can post what LOTR set you think is the best and why. Have fun discussing. :classic::thumbup:

The sets:

9469 Gandalf Arrives

9470 Shelob Attacks

9471 Uruk-hai Army

9472 Attack On Weathertop

9473 Mines Of Moria

9474 The Battle Of Helms Deep

You forgot one

9476 Orc Forge

Edited by SheepEater

This topic doesn't make much sense without a poll...

Edited by Stiel

So I now own:

9469 Gandalf Arrives

9470 Shelob Attacks

9471 Uruk-hai Army x2

9473 Mines Of Moria

Thanks to my birthday! I think the 9471 Uruk-hai Army army set is my fave. Its a great army builder and has great parts to help with MOCing. Lots of pieces to add flavor to buildings. The amount of mini figs is awesome as well 4 Uruk-hai, Éomer and Rohan soldier. I got one from my kids and bought another with my Birthday money. I think its a great set!

My pick is Attack on Weathertop. It's a great display set, feels complete, features a very interesting build and has nice minifigures.

I own all but the Orc forge and Weathertop and I gotta say Helm's Deep is my favorite. It just looks so nice on display and the build was great.

This topic doesn't make much sense without a poll...

I know a poll would be excellent, but unfortunately I can't make one. But this topic is still useful because unlike a poll, you can discuss why you chose an answer and discuss with other members your choices. :oh3:

My favourite set is Helms Deep. I love the range of mini figures (They even included Haldir)

Edited by TheMaster

I would say that Gandalf Arrives is a very classic set. It's something that I wasn't expecting to see included, but at the same time, in my opinion, very worth including since it's the start of the movie and what gets things rolling. I think it the set captured the movie scene decently while keeping it still very small.

Shelob Attacks is also an excellently well thought out set, in my opinion. The spider is great and I think it was a good idea to keep it small.

Uruk-hai Army is incredibly impressive for the number of minifigs. 6 minifigs in such a small set is really just stunning and hasn't been done in a while in the Castle theme.

Attack on Weathertop is an excellent display set. It looks quite nice and it also looks like it's playability is really good too.

Mines of Moria is really well done, I think. I think it is an extremely worthwhile set. The troll is superb and I love the Boromir minifig.

The Battle of Helm's Deep is really nicely done. For a relatively small castle, it looks quite nice. They did an excellent job of cutting things down to a more conducive scale, although I still would have liked it to be a bit bigger. The Theoden minifig could be my favourite in this line. Absolutely splendid.

Orc Forge was an interesting set and one that I was surprised to see. It's a cool set, but not exactly epic in some ways. I haven't really gotten a good look at pictures of it though, so I can't talk about it with certainty.

All-in-all, though, I think all the sets were quite well done and all of their real plus points. I think I would go for Mines of Moria or Helm's Deep though as my favourite.

...But that could just be because they are the biggest. :look:

Helm's Deep for sure. So far I've got everything but Weathertop/Mines of Moria/Orc Forge, and none of those are calling to me nearly as much as Helm's Deep did. It's just so grand and beautifully done.

Out of all the sets I tried (haven't tried '73 or '76 yet), Shelob seemed to be the best of the low cost sets with excellent brick built spider and I had fun building it. On the high end, Helm's Deep with great building technique and beautiful curved walls

I would have to say Moria. It captures the scene so perfectly, and the figure selection is amazing, with three exclusive Fellowship members. The troll is outstanding, and it just looks epic. Ifi could have a second choice, I would say Shelob. It has (what I consider) the three most important characters of the story, and Shelob is fantastic.

I definitely agree with you. I was instantly hooked when I saw the first pictures of Mines of Moria and (other than the buttload of stickers) it was a lot of fun to put together.

The Mines of Moria and Shelob Attacks are my favorites because they have my fav. characters and are great scenes.

Those two would be my favorite sets of this wave too.

If not for the Helms Deep and its expansion, they are everything I expected from that location.

So far, it has to be Shelob attacks. SUCH a good set for the price. Shelob herself is so fun, not to mention having a little gollum and fish ^^ great set overall

Uruk-Hai Army. It has good playability, lots of minifigures and even decent as a parts pack if you don't want the wall and the ballista. It has the best value-for-money ratio by far.

Edited by Stiel

Just vote for your favourite LOTR set in this poll. You can also discuss why you chose a certain set including why you like it.

Enjoy! :sweet:

I choose Helm's Deep because, number 1, there are 8 minifigures, only 8 stickers I think, and the actual printing on the minifigs. I know that The Mines of Moria has all exlusive minifigs except Gimli, but everything has a sticker. When comparing these sets you have the Cave Troll for The Mines of Moria but you have Haldir and Theoden for Helm's Deep. The only thing I don't like about Helm's Deep is they don't enclued the keep. I wouldn't have cared if the set was $150 instead of $130. It would cost at least $20 to make, the proper peices under bricklink cost about $.10 a peice in bulk, so if you wanted a proper sized keep you would have to spend at least $20. All in all my list goes like this.

1. The Battle of Helm's Deep

2. Uruk-hai Army

3. The Mines of Moria

4. The Orc Forge

5. Attack on Weathertop

6. Shelob Attacks.

7. Gandalf Arrives.

I've been waiting for so long for these sets to come out that I don't really have a least favotite.

Aragorn8713

I might change my mind once I get my hands on the sets, but my favourite is Shelob Attacks. Shelob's design is really good, and it's got my favourite character: Sam!

I voted for Mines of Moria, because it's a favorite scene of mine and I think Lego pulled it off really well. The sticker issue isn't a dealbreaker for me. Gimli, Legolas, and Boromir all look great. Overall, it makes for a fantastic display.