Sign in to follow this  
The Legonater

LUMS LAAT/i (Republic Gunship)

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The backbone of the Grand Army of the Republic's fleet. Used from everywhere from space combat to secret reconnaissence, the Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry, better known as the Republic Gunship, is one of the most famous vessels of the Prequel Trilogy. Both beautifully unique in look and sound, capturing the image of the craft is no simple challenge. After a month and a half of hard planning and building, I present to you the following:

gunship.jpg

The first ship built without the precise guidance of Fallenangle's measurements, I was left to estimate the scale on my own and- for my first time, I think I've done a fairly good job. The cannon's are slightly discoloured due to a lack of pieces, and the left wing is missing so that I could position it properly. Please, feel free to comment!

Nice simple build. I would like to see you add some more details and/or greebles. The overall shape and size looks nice, though.

The turret method is great, it really works, it's also good you went for the closed door option rather than trying to make them open (a stupid move in the films, just add one sniper).