Norro

Request Pirate Lego - what future sets would you like?

I think I might take you up on that Mr Norro. I've had enough of Lugnets uninformative error Emails.

All done!

God Bless,

Nathan

i'd like that future sets:

more sets of spaniards(imperial armada)

a big merchant ship

french soldiers

a big treasure island

a port with nearly houses and tavern(pirates can go there when they arent known by their crimes)

Just checking that you're aware that either yourself or someone else will need to post that at Lugnet?

All done!

Excellent work Mr Norro! Although there were links in that post which are imperative for it to make sense, otherwise someone reading it will think "What the is that buffoon referring to?"

So could you please edit the post with the below text which is in Lugnet format:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings I am Mister Phes the administrator of the Pirate LEGO Forum and I'm here to represent a vast number of Pirate LEGO fanatics at the forum.

For a "dream" Pirate LEGO set I'd be willing to pay up to US$150 so long as the set was large and well designed.

Briefly I shall reveal what I (and many at the Pirate LEGO Forum) would love to see, although some users have ideas which I won't mentioned as they may wish to do so themselves.

1) A large fortress (preferably Imperial Armada) using the the 48 x 32 baseplate.

2) Small ship(s) with brick built hulls like the "Cutter" from [6277 Imperial Trading Post]. No need to make all ships use large hull pieces!

3) A non pirate or non military ship(s) and building(s). During the Golden Age of Piracy there were hundreds of colonies and settlements throughout the Caribbean so sets based on that concept would be good. Particularly if they were sets that could be built individually but also placed adjacent one another

to form a large village. <http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6037 View

Puerto Brico> for an example

4) Mini-figure packs/army builders. There are never enough Imperial Armada or Imperial Guards mini-figures! Perhaps something like <http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4190 Imperial Ground Forces> would be interesting.

5) A military War Galleon or Frigate. In other words a large ship like [6265 Black Seas Barracuda] only for the Imperial Guards or Imperial Armada.

What's important is any dream Pirate set would have to retain a similar design style to the original SYSTEM Pirate theme yet it could incorporate newer LEGO elements, just so long as it didn't look too far removed from the original pirate sets (I.e. Knights Kingdom 2 vs Classic Castle). Puerto Brico has established a brilliant equilibrium between old style design while incorporating recent LEGO pieces so something along the lines would be excellent.

Pirates in general seem to be more popular than ever amongst children and its a wonder The LEGO Company hasn't taken logical steps to capitalise on this. Obviously the SYSTEM Pirate theme isn't as popular as Classic Castle, but after nearly a decade of absence its no surprise, its not fresh in minds of the LEGO world. However, we at the Pirate LEGO forum are building momentum and will continue to remind the rest of LEGO world how great this theme is! (And how profitable it could be to The LEGO Company should new Pirate sets be released)

Excellent work Mr Norro! Although there were links in that post which are imperative for it to make sense, otherwise someone reading it will think "What the is that buffoon referring to?"

So could you please edit the post with the below text which is in Lugnet format:

Sorry about that, wasn't thinking, put this revised version up.

God Bless,

Nathan

You have done well Mr Norro! You're certainly an asset to the Pirate Forum even if you meander into Castle a bit too much :-D

And ironically Lugnet has finally accepted my registration... How typical!

That is a wicked ship. We definately need something like that. Lets get an Imperial Armada one!

Once again I shall remind everyone that you must post this information on Lugnet (or get somebody else to) if you want it to go somewhere.

egad! where did you find that ship?
That is a wicked ship. We definately need something like that. Lets get an Imperial Armada one!

Wanna see more of his ships? Check this!

The HMS Unclaimable wil be something like this...

Once again I shall remind everyone that you must post this information on Lugnet (or get somebody else to) if you want it to go somewhere.

Well, could you or someone els be so kind to post my request??

Well, could you or someone els be so kind to post my request??

It would be better to attach more names to a request. I also reiterate it is free to register/post on Lugnet, the fees cover web hosting and set tracking facilities...

God Bless,

Nathan

It would also look better on our behalf if users here registered their own Lugnet accounts too. Lugnet may not shine down upon us kindly if we dump opinions from users that aren't registered to their forum. We don't want a bad reputation for abusing other forums afterall!

It would also look better on our behalf if users here registered their own Lugnet accounts too. Lugnet may not shine down upon us kindly if we dump opinions from users that aren't registered to their forum. We don't want a bad reputation for abusing other forums afterall!

Lugnet has always been a sort of hub which endures coming and going remarkably well, but I definitely agree that a little manners never hurt anyone....

God Bless,

Nathan

And it would make the users here look more serious and dedicated to the pirate cause. If someone had to "ferry" responses from another forum across here I'd be wondering why the users don't just sign up themselves.

Obviously time is an important factor, but when someone is truly dedicated to something they manage find time to support the cause. And if we ever expect to see another SYSTEM Pirate theme again we'll probably need a lot of dedication going by the way things are these days.

It would be better to attach more names to a request. I also reiterate it is free to register/post on Lugnet, the fees cover web hosting and set tracking facilities...

God Bless,

Nathan

Is it free to post on LUGnet? I thought you had to pay for it...

Is it free to post on LUGnet? I thought you had to pay for it...

Yes it is free to post. Becoming a member (for $10) allows you to host a site on Lugnet and maintain your own collection database there...

God Bless,

Nathan

Yes it is free to post. Becoming a member (for $10) allows you to host a site on Lugnet and maintain your own collection database there...

God Bless,

Nathan

That clears up alot....How do I post? X-D

That clears up alot....How do I post? X-D

I am pretty sure all you have to do is fill in this form... It has been about 8 years since I did so I can't be sure X-D ...

God Bless,

Nathan

Can we pay by PayPal?

Puts Q-A hat back on X-D ... It is free if all you want to do is post (see link above). If you want a membership you can pay by paypal, see the form (click register on the Lugnet homepage)...

God Bless,

Nathan