XimenaPaulina

Custom LEGO Avengers Minifigures

It’s been a while since I did some minifig customization, and the recent release of the LEGO Avengers sets gave me the opportunity to once again take a crack on customizing minifigs. As great as the official LEGO Avengers minifigs are, there are obviously some missing characters and some perceived inaccuracies of the official figs relative to the movie material. So here are some of my custom LEGO Avengers minifigures:

7326541938_37ef51de16_b.jpg

Nick Fury

7326541088_ea2e8ff7c0_b.jpg

Customization: CW Mace Windu’s head with custom hand prints, custom painted police leather jacket, standard black pants, hand gun, and custom cut trench coat from black cape.

Agent Phil Coulson

7326540060_fb502f55cd_c.jpg

Customization: Purist custom minifig using Admiral Piett’s head with custom ear comlink print, brown hair, businessman torso, black pants and hand gun.

Agent Maria Hill

7326539058_d9ec92b780_c.jpg

Customization: CMS7 Bride’s hair, new Princess Leia’s head with custom ear comlink print, dark blue torso with custom decal from ED-209, Han Solo’s dark blue pants with gun holster print, and hand gun.

Black Widow

7326537844_16926d0646_b.jpg

Customization: Official Black Widow torso and legs, new Padme’s head, custom-cut/shortened Black Widow hairpiece painted in dark red, and two hand guns (finally! Pew! Pew!)

Hawkeye

7326537024_f5aea24d22_b.jpg

Customization: Official Hawkeye torso, legs, and compound bow weapon, new Luke Skywalker’s head, and CMS 5 Sleepyhead’s hair, and black arrow quiver.

Captain America

7326536408_3407d95493_b.jpg

Customization: Official Captain America minifig with added custom “helmet wing” decal on each side of the head.

Tony Stark in Black Sabbath shirt:

7326535704_2e7c3f4097_b.jpg

Customization: Official Tony Stark head, black hairpiece, black torso with custom Brick Sabbath shirt decal from ED-209, dark blue legs and 1x1 round tile “shot glass”.

Bruce Banner

7326534434_51d8ea355e_b.jpg

Customization: Superman head, CW Anakin Skywalker’s hairpiece custom painted in black, tan torso with custom decal from ED-209, and tan legs.

Steve Rogers

7326533828_0242f1d9c6_b.jpg

Customization: Old Luke Skywalker’s head, CW Obi-wan Kenobi hair, brown torso with custom decal from ED-209, and light bley legs.

Note: Not satisfied with the hair and face, will probably change later to a more appropriate colored hairpiece and face print.

Loki with helmet

7326533190_50792b44f7_b.jpg

Customization: Official Loki minifigure with helmet and staff with custom cut trench coat from the official green cape

Loki with hair

7326532534_d539ba20c3_b.jpg

Customization: Official Loki minifigure with CMS 5 Highland Battler hairpiece and custom cut trench coat from the official green cape.

There you have it, my first batch of custom LEGO Avengers minifigs. There’s more to come after I receive some BL orders. Special thanks to ED-209 for sharing his great decals! :thumbup:

C&C’s are always welcome! :classic:

These are all really good, though my favorites have to be the Agent Coulson and Bruce Banner figs. I'm also curious on how you made the trenchcoat for Loki, it looks really nice :laugh:

Tip for Cappy: The very.. average shall I say peach head, with the blond hair from the CM racer (series 3 I believe).

This face

Edited by JaseTJ

Well done! :classic:

Though I do not like using decals, or anything that is supposed to be stickered to the fig, yours are an exception. Some of the ideas are just brilliant and I may even be stealing them for some of my Bat-figs. :grin:

Looking forward to some other figs! :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

KDM you're back! :cry_happy:

Those are some nice customs, excellent work. :thumbup:

These came out pretty good, and the detail is spot on, especially with the corrected ones like Widow and Hawkeye and Cap.

-Omi

They look brilliant!

Love the improved Hawkeye and Captain America along with your Banner figure especially :sweet:

Thanks for the feedback guys! Really appreciate it. :classic:

Are these your first custom figs?

Nope, I've made some SW customs before --> here.

Tip for Cappy: The very.. average shall I say peach head, with the blond hair from the CM racer (series 3 I believe).

This face

Thanks for the tip! Yeah I've considered the CMS Racer tan hair and will probably go with that. I don't have that Indy soldier face, though I may BL it if I have the chance.

Though I do not like using decals, or anything that is supposed to be stickered to the fig, yours are an exception. Some of the ideas are just brilliant and I may even be stealing them for some of my Bat-figs. :grin:

Thanks ThePenguin! Sure feel free to use some of the ideas you got here. :classic:

I'm also curious on how you made the trenchcoat for Loki, it looks really nice :laugh:

I'll be posting a mini-tutorial later on how to make these minifig trench coats. Stay tuned! :wink:

Great customs Kiel! I love your solution for :Loki's hair. :thumbup: Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!

And most importantly, it's good to have you back!

These look good KDM - I haven't seen the film yet :cry_sad: so nice to have some handy reference pics too.

On Nick Fury when you say 'custom hand prints' what do you mean? Did you do a decal or paint it or have you used an actual printing technique?

Agent Coulson looks brilliant - excellent choice of face - possibly my favourite here!

Also another good face selection for Black Widow (and I know how much the official version bothered you :laugh:), but I'm curious why the Padme face looks so pale (is it just down to the contrast in colour between decal and plastic or is the lighting of the pic)?

Imo Jack Sparrow's head (as used in ED-209's "Tony Stark's Briefcase" topic) works better than the official design *huh*. The official TS head seems to make his chin too big (again imo).

I also thought (and a bit off topic here) that Superman's head might make a good Matt Smith Doctor Who.

Apart from my dislike of Tony Stark's face I think you've made excellent choices of parts/faces for all of them and ED-209's decals are spot on :thumbup:

Great customs Kiel! I love your solution for :Loki's hair. :thumbup: Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!

Thanks Masked! With regards to Loki's hair, I don't want to get credit for using the CMS Highlander hair. I believe I've seen Solscud use it on one of his pics in the Licensed Photography thread.

comments above

Thanks for the comments Praiter, coming from a mutual fan of your customs too. default_blink.gif

On the Nick Fury fig: I used this police torso (below), I painted it with black Tamiya modelling paint, leaving the middle zipper and belt prints. Then I put some sharpie lines on top as finishing touches. I would've liked to use ED-209's custom decal with trench coat patterns on the torso/legs, but I thought the custom trench coat already served this specific purpose and it would be redundant if I used ED-209's decal.

973pb261c01.jpg?0

On the Black Widow fig: the face looked pale simply because of too much (and apparently inconsistent) photoshopping on my part. default_laugh2.gif

On Tony Stark I'm quite satisfied already with the official face so I left it as it is, though I admit Jack Sparrow's face is a very good alternative also.

Great work, I'm glad my decals were a help to you! :grin:

I love the trenchcoats you've made, do you have a template or anything that you used?

I've actually used the same head for my Coulson figure, I think it's a perfect match.

Great job man, Hawkeye especially looks so much better than the official one imo. Better head and hair.

The Maria Hill is a nicely done custom too. Actually looks like it could be an official Cobie figure to me. Black Widow looks cool, face is much nicer in my opinion, although the pale face compared to the skin tone on the body is a little off putting, and the hair I think would work better darker, but I'm being picky :laugh:

Great work, I'm glad my decals were a help to you! :grin:

I love the trenchcoats you've made, do you have a template or anything that you used?

I've actually used the same head for my Coulson figure, I think it's a perfect match.

At first I thought of designing my own decals (which I'm admittedly not good at), but when I saw yours I thought they were spot on and they couldn't be done any better so I just decided to use your designs. Thanks again for sharing them, saved me a lot of time and effort! :grin::thumbup:

With regards to the trenchcoat here's the simple template that I prepared (pls. excuse the crudity of my template):

trench_coat.png

Just use a standard LEGO cape, cut the top and bottom parts, as well as the two holes at the sides where the arms will be fitted. The length of the trench coat may be varied depending on what design you want.

Great job man, Hawkeye especially looks so much better than the official one imo. Better head and hair.

The Maria Hill is a nicely done custom too. Actually looks like it could be an official Cobie figure to me. Black Widow looks cool, face is much nicer in my opinion, although the pale face compared to the skin tone on the body is a little off putting, and the hair I think would work better darker, but I'm being picky :laugh:

Thanks man. Yeah I'm with you there on Ms. PaleFace Widow, lesson learned to tone down on photo editing. :laugh: I'll just take a better pic when I have the time.

Awesome work, 'KielDaMan'! :sweet:

These are some of the most accurate custom Avengers figures. I really like the Phil figure as it is purist, which usually means I can make it. :laugh: