Sign in to follow this  
Solscud007

Pictorial Review: PAB Batman and Robin

This month's PAB model is Batman and Robin. The logos are stickers. Nothing to exciting about this model other than it is Batman and Robin. This is my first PAB modle that I have bought. It was stored in a large PAB cup so the price was $14.99. Since the PAB model is just a PAB cup, I was able to fill it up with some extra elements. The interesting thing is that the elements available at my LEGO Store was not what was in the PAB model cup. So I think these are shipped pre sorted. I didnt take a picture of it, but the PAB lid has a sticker that says "JUNE MODEL"

The instruction booklet starts with Batman and then continues with Robin.

p1010421.jpg

p1010422.jpg

p1010423.jpg

p1010424.jpg

p1010427.jpg

p1010426.jpg

I decided to not use the stickers.

Edited by Solscud007

They let you add PaB items to the cup? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought these were taped shut at our closest store.

It's also interesting that the parts for these aren't on the wall. I'd love to pick up a bunch of the 6x16 plates. Building in the City Corner style uses up a lot of those.

Thanks for the pictures. This is the first of these that I may pick up if they still have it when I visit the store again in two weeks.

Yep. These were not taped. The store employee said it ok to fill it up, since it is technically a PAB cup.

Nice review, 'Solscud007'! :classic:

The PAB models are pretty interesting. At my LEGO store, the PAB model cups are sealed, so you're pretty lucky as your LEGO store lets you put extra elements in the PAB cups. :wink:

Nice review! I like the simpleness of these, but it's still obvious who they are! (Even without the stickers.)

Nice review! I like the simpleness of these, but it's still obvious who they are! (Even without the stickers.)

I decided to put the stickers on the models. They're nice little dispaly pieces and figured the stickers weren't too bad.

I'm not sure about your store, but mine had a limit on how many you can buy. I was only able to get two. Depending on the store, you're able to fill up the PAB cups. I called two different stores, and one said yes while the other said no. Obviously, i went to the store that said yes. :)

The best thing to do is empty the cup, and start building them in circles to preserve the most amount of room for the cup.

Good luck!!

I built mine yesterday, and love it. The shape is so iconic, and the model's bulkiness is just plain awesome. It's a great display for the desk or the living-room to be discovered and smiled at :)

I decided to put the stickers on the models. They're nice little dispaly pieces and figured the stickers weren't too bad.

I'm not sure about your store, but mine had a limit on how many you can buy. I was only able to get two. Depending on the store, you're able to fill up the PAB cups. I called two different stores, and one said yes while the other said no. Obviously, i went to the store that said yes. :)

The best thing to do is empty the cup, and start building them in circles to preserve the most amount of room for the cup.

Good luck!!

Yep. I was too lazy and just filled in the gaps with small elements. I alsi got a small PAB cup full of 1x4 brown tiles for my modular building in the background.

I love your review!

Batman and Robin in on cool set!

I must have it! :thumbup:

Thanks for showing this!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

P.S.: The LEGO Store in the backgroung is very awsome! :classic:

Could you possibly send me scans of the instructions, over here in the UK they've disappeared from the website =/

Could you possibly send me scans of the instructions, over here in the UK they've disappeared from the website =/

Sure thing. I will scan it tomorrow.