Kahgarak

What is your favourite Lego-related sound?

Mine is the opening of a box of an EXF set, or a Bionicle canister.

Also, i love the sound of KK2 Megafig clickjoints being joined.

I like hearing the sound of bricks rattling around inside a sealed box. Brings back memories of getting the big Lego Castle at Christmas.

Steve

I like the noise of bricks being pushed together extra tight.

Not during the build, but afterwards, when you apply pressure and the entire structure

makes that creaking noise as if every brick is settling in.

I find it quite relaxing.

Awesome thread.

I love opening the little bags the pieces come in and hearing them pour onto whatever surface I am building on. New pieces just sound nicer than used.

Reminds me of getting sets for X-mas/Birthday and building them.

the crack of crushing megabloks >:-) .

But you barely need to do anything to megabloks, they practically crush themselves :-D

As for my favorite noise? Probably the classic click of a brick fitting in tightly and perfectly into a group of other bricks in a set/MOC ;-)

That tinkling cascading noise when a container of LEGO is dumped out onto the floor or table as you are search of a particular part. For my collection that would be like a container of slopes, or some other similarily grouped parts. I do have 2 "unsorted" bins that get sorted periodically though. But I remeber the days, years ago, when everything was in 1 or 2 containers, I spent hours "sifting" for the piece I hoped I had one more of....

I like hearing the sound of bricks rattling around inside a sealed box. Brings back memories of getting the big Lego Castle at Christmas.

I have to second that. :-)

Steve

This is an amazing sound. *wub*

But I have to pretend that my most favorite sensual enrapture is the smell of an already opened bag with fresh bricks.... :'-)

Since I think this is a pretty silly poll, I think the best Lego-related sound was Phes doing his impression of an albino seal in one of his pirate threads. It was that one moment that I knew he had finally "flipped-out" and taken Lego Pirates a little too seriously. :-D

I will try to find the message and add a link if I locate.

OK, here it is. The thread was called: AWESOME!!! Hear the voices of Pirate mini-figures, Well, what they might sound like... - a Phesical rendition

Voices

Awesome thread.

I love opening the little bags the pieces come in and hearing them pour onto whatever surface I am building on. New pieces just sound nicer than used.

:'-) i agree

Oooooooooooooh! *wub*

I love opening the little bags the pieces come in

Yeah! The old ones with the little holes in felt sooo nice! *wub*

That tinkling cascading noise when a container of LEGO is dumped out onto the floor or table as you are search of a particular part. For my collection that would be like a container of slopes, or some other similarily grouped parts. I do have 2 "unsorted" bins that get sorted periodically though. But I remeber the days, years ago, when everything was in 1 or 2 containers, I spent hours "sifting" for the piece I hoped I had one more of....

I use to love that sound, but, alas! No longer - as all my parts are sorted, the only time I can experience this sound is when I go to "uneducated" friends' houses... :'-)

I also love the sound of holding a bunch of minifigs in each hand and cruching them against each other to make them "fight"! Any figs still holding their weapon and with a hat survive!

Pirate-King-Skelly-Killer-SlyOwl

Edited by SlyOwl

Awesome thread.

Yes, reminds me of my childhood. Great thread :-) .

Ohhh I know that sound so well, some very nice birthday and Christmas gifts come to mind! :'-)

Steve

I have to second that. :-)
Ohhh I know that sound so well, some very nice birthday and Christmas gifts come to mind! :'-)

I quadruple that! I know I'm gonna be hearing that sound this Christmas!

X-D

My favorite Lego-related sounds TOP 5:

5) Connecting the studs of a brick to the underside of another brick.

4) The sound of an Electric Lego Motor that drives multiple gears.

3) Turning over a full bucket of Lego so it falls on the ground.

2) Shaking a not-opened box of Lego.

1) Dropping a large amount of Lego bricks into a bucket with other Lego bricks.

- RupeeClock

1/ new, freshly acquired box manutention noise (just moving it, putting it in the car's boot, ...)... it announces the enjoyment to come ... this is kind of the Pavlov principle applied to AFOLs :-D

2/ rattling noise when digging into containers full of pieces *sweet*

3/ technic pin clicking noise, can't get enough of that *wub*

Edited by shunlabs

Probably the sound of the postman delivering S@H orders! :-P The bulldozer does sound pretty cool though... 8-|

The sound of an e-mail arriving confirming that my S@H, eBay or Bricklink order is on the way...

(OK, so not my absoute favourite sound, but it hadn't been mentioned and it is pretty exciting)

Dr. S.

Favourite sound.. the low ratteling of the pieces inside a unopened box on the way home from the shop.. :-$

Least favourite , the clinking sound a small part makes when tumbeling down the hose of the vacumcleaner.

*sing*

Least favourite , the clinking sound a small part makes when tumbeling down the hose of the vacumcleaner.

*sing*

Ooh yeah, that's gotta hurt 8-

OUCH!!! Unfortunately, that sound is all too familiar to me as well, lost more than one piece that way in the past. :'-( (nothing really important luckily)

Steve

I fifth that comment as well. Probably my favorite sound. It's the sound of the past, present, and future.

Edited by M'Kyuun

My favorite sound is when you open up one of the little baggies and pour out the fresh, shiny new LEGO pieces! *sweet* (I was going to say LegoS, but I enjoy my life far, far too much :-D )