Sign in to follow this  
LEGOman273

Heroica RPG - Expert Job Class Discussion

Based on the discussion here, I will add the "gain gold upon kill" effect on all of the Paragon's hits, and make "Truce" optional and affect the next round instead of the current one, to make it more strategic. I hope that makes it a more appealing choice.

Let's return to Prophet once we get more experience from the class. :wink:

Based on the discussion here, I will add the "gain gold upon kill" effect on all of the Paragon's hits, and make "Truce" optional and affect the next round instead of the current one, to make it more strategic. I hope that makes it a more appealing choice.

Those changes sound rather good, making "truce" optional would had been an improvement alone. :sweet:

The "Cavalier" class that was spoken of earlier, sounds really good and the new changes made to it, would make it something that should be added to the game. I could see Keliim becoming one. :laugh:

Who or what would give out this class?

Those changes sound rather good, making "truce" optional would had been an improvement alone. :sweet:

The "Cavalier" class that was spoken of earlier, sounds really good and the new changes made to it, would make it something that should be added to the game. I could see Keliim becoming one. :laugh:

Who or what would give out this class?

Debatable, it could be something similar to "50 Shades of Blay" or "Gone with the Winds" where random character's simply have it throughout quests or something more associated with organizations like the vindicator's seal. :shrug_oh_well: I'd like to see the class tried out as an NPC first for a test drive and then see how it goes. So if anyone's planning a quest and has an NPC horseman. :classic:

Debatable, it could be something similar to "50 Shades of Blay" or "Gone with the Winds" where random character's simply have it throughout quests or something more associated with organizations like the vindicator's seal. :shrug_oh_well: I'd like to see the class tried out as an NPC first for a test drive and then see how it goes. So if anyone's planning a quest and has an NPC horseman. :classic:

Yeah, I definitely like the idea of it being an item-based class, makes it a little easier to hand out. :classic: I might be able to slip a test into my Diana Quest without too much alteration, no promises, though. :blush:

Edited by Flipz

SHIELD still needs a buff, I feel like.

Maybe something like Dragoon's Celestial Wrath, where each person in the party strikes too? It'd fit in with the leader-like qualities of the class.

Yeah, I definitely like the idea of it being an item-based class, makes it a little easier to hand out. :classic: I might be able to slip a test into my Diana Quest without too much alteration, no promises, though. :blush:

Item based sounds good. :thumbup: Hopefuly we will see this soon.

Here's the new and improved Paragon:

heroicarules-m-paragon.jpg

The changes I made were:

- Changing HITs to "SMITEs" that multiply the whole power, not just WP, and also merit gold if the target is defeated by the strike.

- "Veni Vidi Vici" also causes double damage to all enemies.

- Truce is now optional and affects the following round if so chosen.

That should be enough to bring the class up to par with Prophet, I think. :wink:

Myrddyn’s reference.

Like the Mage Hunter, it’s a class born of the house alliances in an attempt to gain an advantage in the final battle! If there is one.

During their extensive travels, the Bonapartes came across a small group of magic practioners who could perform magical feats without expending ether. In an effort to remove their reliance upon ether restorative tonics, the Bonapartes shared this knowledge with the Ziegfriends…

Psion

These mages cannot be silenced but could benefit from a healer best friend .

Requires membership with the Sungold Alliance.

* Additional Health: +10

* Weapons: Brooms, Staves, Wands, Daggers, Gems, Throwing Weapons and Scrolls (at the cost of Health instead of Ether)

* Job Trait(s): Mind Trick - Psions can try to influence situations in their favor when aggression would only make things worse. The trait also allows Party members to remain in contact when separated at a limited distance (QM discretion).

Psychokinesis - Psions can use their mental powers to remove obstacles from their path even outside of battles but doing this depletes health.

Precognition - Under intense strain, the Psion concentrates and expends health to get a hint on any puzzle or riddle he encounters - the more health spent, the more revealing the hint is.

* Battle Style: Mental - Psions’ use of the mind proves taxing on the condition of their bodies.

1. SHIELD:
Mind Assault
- The psion attacks the minds of his foes and
hexes
all enemies. If the target is already hexed, the enemy is filled with a sense of dread and becomes
doomed
. Additionally, all allies are infused with psychic energy, propelling them towards their true potential. For the next round only, all allies add the psion’s level worth of WP to their current weapon power.

2. CRITICAL HIT/CRITICAL PSYCHIC HIT/MASS HOLD: The psion attacks his target with strength in an amount equal to weapon power multiplied by two then added to level or he may spend health to cast a ranged elemental psychic attack of the same strength that has a 1/3 chance of putting the target to
sleep
at the cost of health in an amount equal to the round number (WP:15 x 2 + Level 30 = 60 damage + 1/3 chance of sleep). Optionally, the psion prevents all enemies from attacking for the rest of the round at the cost of health in an amount equal to the round number per enemy (Round 6 x 4 enemies = 24 health lost by the psion). At the beginning of the next round, the psion can choose to prevent all enemies from attacking for the rest of the round at the cost of health in an amount equal to the round number per enemy (Round 7 x 4 enemies = 28 health lost by the psion) in addition to his turn as long as the psion is listed first in the order of actions. If a hold reduces the psion’s health to zero, the psion does not suffer the
KO
effect until the end of the round, regardless of healing received.

3. HIT/PSYCHIC HIT/HOLD: The psion attacks his target with strength in an amount equal to weapon power added to level or he may spend health to cast a ranged elemental psychic attack of the same strength that has a 1/3 chance of putting the target to
sleep
at the cost of health in an amount equal to the round number (WP:15 + Level 30 = 45 damage + 1/3 chance of sleep). Optionally, the psion prevents the target from attacking for the rest of the round at the cost of health in an amount equal to the round number (Round 6 = 6 health lost by the psion). At the beginning of the next round, the psion can choose to prevent the target from attacking for the rest of the round at the cost of health in an amount equal to the round number (Round 7 = 7 health lost by the psion) in addition to his turn as long as the psion is listed first in the order of actions. If a hold reduces the psion’s health to zero, the psion does not suffer the
KO
effect until the end of the round, regardless of healing received.

4. ZEN MEDITATION: The psion regenerates health in an amount equal to the round number. He may choose to continue to regenerate for the following rounds as long as the psion does not perform any other action (attacks/use item) and does not receive damage.

5. DAMAGE/PSYCHIC FEEDBACK: The psion is struck by his opponent’s attack. Additionally, the psion’s powers are directed inward causing all enemies to focus their attacks on the psion for the next three rounds. The psion will suffer all attacks (including free hits) from the enemy party instead of the intended allied party member should the attack not hit all party members.

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE/PSYCHIC FEEDBACK: The psion is struck by his opponent’s special skill. Additionally, the psion’s powers are directed inward causing all enemies to focus their attacks on the psion for the next three rounds. The psion will suffer all attacks (including free hits) from the enemy party instead of the intended allied party member should the attack not hit all party members.

The Wolf King’s spies hide in plain sight, distracting their quarry…

Dancer

These warriors dance across the battlefield, garbed in colorful raiments.

Requires membership with the Wolf King's Followers.

* Additional Health: +10

* Weapons: Dancers use swords, daggers, whips, fans and throwing weapons.

* Job Trait(s):

, Partner - Before their turn, Dancers may choose one target to dance/grind with/on/next to. If target is a conscious party member, the target receives any positive status effect of the Dancer’s choosing (see official rule sheet). If the target is an enemy, the target receives any negative status effect of the Dancer’s choosing (see official rule sheet) other than KO, petrified, jinxed, or doomed. When dancing with an enemy, the Dancer will receive damage from attacks that hit all enemy combatants. Target keeps the effect as long as the Dancer is dancing with them.

- If the Dancer and her partner /roll the same value in the same round, they will each conduct a combo move by activating their SHIELD skills before the start of the next round in addition to their turns (only applies to dance partners who are party members).

- The Dancer is boosted when in the presence of music (bands, minstrel songs, etc.), subtracting 2 from her die /rolls.

* Battle Style: Dancing - Dancers require a conscious party member to be most effective.

1. SHIELD:
Conga Line Sword Dance
- The dancer strikes all enemies with strength equal to her weapon power multiplied by 2 then added to her level and her dance partner’s level (WP:20x2+Level 30 (self) + Level 25 (party member/enemy)=95 damage to all enemies). Additionally, all party members receive a random positive effect (see official rule sheet) for the remainder of the battle.

2. CRITICAL DANCE: The dancer strikes her opponent with strength equal to her weapon power multiplied by 2 then added to her level and her dance partner’s level (WP:20x2+Level 30 (self) + Level 25 (party member/enemy) = 95 damage). Additionally, the dancer continues to grant her partner a status effect.

3. DANCE: The dancer strikes her opponent with strength equal to her weapon power added to her level and her dance partner’s level (WP:20 + Level 30 (self) + Level 25 (party member/enemy) = 65 damage). Additionally, the dancer continues to grant her partner a status effect.

4. MISSTEP: The dancer (or maybe her partner) trips causing the dancer to miss her attack. She continues to grant her partner a status effect but a value of 1 is added to her die /roll on the next round.

5. SIDESTEP DAMAGE: The dancer is struck by her opponent’s attack and her dance partner loses its status effect for the rest of the round. The dancer’s fluid movements give her a 1/6 chance of avoiding the attack entirely in which case she continues to grant her partner a status effect.

6. SPECIAL STUMBLE: The dancer has a 50/50 chance to dodge the opponent’s special skill so that it hits the next ally in turn unless the skill hits everyone. The attempt at dodging takes such concentration that the dancer is unable to dance during the next round.

Original -incomplete- Dancer submission whose post was lost during one of the server swaps. Obviously the classes have changed since making some buffs obsolete.

Dancer

These warriors dance across the battlefield, garbed in colorful raiments.

* Additional Health: +X

* Job Trait(s): Dance Partner- Dancers may choose one party member to dance/grind with/on/next to, enhancing the ally’s natural ability. See enhancements below. (actual list is above right now)

Flee (See Rogue).

Money Maker - The Harlot dances provocatively with each attack. Each /roll has a 1/6 chance of target throwing gold at the Harlot in an amount based on enemy level.

* Battle Style: Dancing - Dancers require a conscious party member to be most effective.

1. SHIELD:
Sword Dance
- The Dancer strikes all enemies with strength equal to her weapon power times 2 added to her level and her dance partner’s level (WP:20x2+Level 30 (self) + Level 25 (party member)=95 damage to all enemies). Additionally, the dancer continues to grant her partner an enhancement.

2. CRITICAL DANCE: The Dancer strikes her opponent with strength equal to her weapon power times 2 added to her level and her dance partner’s level (WP:20x2+Level 30 (self) + Level 25 (party member) = 95 damage). Additionally, the dancer continues to grant her partner an enhancement.

3. DANCE: The Dancer strikes her opponent with strength equal to her weapon power added to her level and her dance partner’s level (WP:20 + Level 30 (self) + Level 25 (party member) = 65 damage). Additionally, the dancer continues to grant her partner an enhancement.

4. MISSTEP: The Dancer misses her attack but continues to grant her partner an enhancement.

5. SIDESTEP DAMAGE: The Dancer’s fluid movements give her a ? chance of avoiding her target’s attack. Additionally, the dancer continues to grant her partner an enhancement.

6. SPECIAL DODGE: The Dancer has a 50/50 chance to dodge the opponent’s special skill so that it hits the next ally in turn unless it hits everyone. Additionally, the dancer continues to grant her partner an enhancement.

Job Trait: Dance Partner - Class can boost a single ally. Differentiates it more from Minstrel/Harlot whose status effects boost entire team.

Basic Classes - +10 HP

Alchemist - Allows Alchemist to create 5 items on a SHIELD roll

Assassin - Grants Evasion - Assassin takes damage as if standing in the back row.

Battle Mage - Allows Battle Mage to deal full damage with physical attacks from the back row.

Beast Warrior - Grants Beast Warrior the ability to choose to stay in current form after a SHIELD roll

Berserker - Adds Frenzy (name of Barbarian AOE) to the Berserker’s normal SHIELD roll.

Black Knight - Allows Black Knight to also steal gold from all enemies in an amount equal to his level on a HIDE roll.

Cannoneer - Allows Cannoneer to craft 5 bombs on a CRAFT BOMB roll.

Chi Monk -

Dragoon -

Druid -

Evoker - Allows Evoker’s SHIELD roll to summon two spirits.

Harlot -

Hunter -

Infiltrator -

Mime -

Minstrel - If chosen as a dancing partner while performing a battle song, the minstrel’s tune allows the Dancer to choose two additional dance partners.

Mystic Knight - Reduces Enchant cost by half.

Necromancer - Grants Necromancer a reanimation aura that instantly reanimates fallen enemies under the necromancer’s command.

Paladin - Grants Paladin a Retribution Aura. Aura causes light damage with strength equal to the paladin’s weapon power to target after teammate rolls DAMAGE.

Paragon - Grants Paragon the Leadership ability. Following any /roll, 50/50 or 1/6 chance of inspiring a random ally to immediately attack the same target with strength equal to their level.

Prophet -

Raider -

Sage -

Skirmisher -

Shaman -

Sorcerer - Adds Magic Burst to Sorcerer’s SHIELD roll.

Warden -

Witch -

* Job Trait(s):

, Partner - Before their turn, Dancers may choose one target to dance/grind with/on/next to. If target is a conscious party member, the target receives any positive status effect of the Dancer’s choosing (see official rule sheet). If the target is an enemy, the target receives any negative status effect of the Dancer’s choosing (see official rule sheet) other than KO, petrified, jinxed, or doomed. When dancing with an enemy, the Dancer will receive damage from attacks that hit all enemy combatants. Target keeps the effect as long as the Dancer is dancing with them.

First thought: whoa, overpowered.

Second thought: never mind, all our enemies are immune to all negative effects anyway.

Also, I can see daggers, whips, and fans, but swords and (especially) throwing weapons seems a little over the top (and overpowered).

However, this is a really cool idea for a class, Jeb! :thumbup:

First thought: whoa, overpowered.

Second thought: never mind, all our enemies are immune to all negative effects anyway.

Quoted For Truth. :laugh:

So having a Minstrel makes it impossible for the Dancer to take damage?

So having a Minstrel makes it impossible for the Dancer to take damage?

4. MISSTEP: The dancer (or maybe her partner) trips causing the dancer to miss her attack. She continues to grant her partner a status effect but a value of 1 is added to her die /roll on the next round.

So if you roll 2-4 6s' in a row (depending on effects and Minstrel songs), you might possibly take regular Damage. Assuming you don't dodge it. :tongue:

I don't see this class ever getting officially adopted, but if it were I'd at least want the +1 penalty from Misstep applied to more rolls, and/or for it to be cumulative based on how many successful rolls have been made in a row.

Seems cool, but very complicated. I could see the whole rewind thing becoming a headache to run in battles, and the ability to erase damage especially on a roll of 5 seems OP. What is the frozen effect? I like the job class traits, and the SHIELD skill is really cool!

Rewind also means they have to guess if a roll of damage or special damage is rolled before them - If it were me I wouldn't bother with the skill at all and focus on attacking. Instead of flat-out preventing all damage from a roll that round, what if it increased the chances of the target avoiding damage in the future?

Seems cool, but very complicated. I could see the whole rewind thing becoming a headache to run in battles, and the ability to erase damage especially on a roll of 5 seems OP. What is the frozen effect? I like the job class traits, and the SHIELD skill is really cool!

Rewind also means they have to guess if a roll of damage or special damage is rolled before them - If it were me I wouldn't bother with the skill at all and focus on attacking. Instead of flat-out preventing all damage from a roll that round, what if it increased the chances of the target avoiding damage in the future?

That's the reason Rewound Damage costs 3 ether. The class is designed to be something of a preventative healer, but it can burn through ether fast, too. Frozen-effect doesn't exist. But I picture it being something like a weaker petrified or a beefed-up stun/slow.

That's how Rewind was up until a few hours ago when I changed it right before uploading this picture to Flickr. :tongue: It no longer specifies that it has to be before the Timebreaker. It's just referring to the first Special Damage/Damage that round. But I do like that idea. :thumbup:

I should point out this class was heavily inspired by Jeb's Time Thief class from a while ago. But edited heavily. Basically, the thought process was "how can I make healers cool." And here you go. :laugh:

But healing is cool! If I were able I'd definitely play Shaman or Sage.

There just aren't that many healing Expert Classes. Alchemist, Chi Monk, Minstrel. I figured one more sort of flavor would be interesting. Like I said, preventative healer. That breaks time. :tongue:

There just aren't that many healing Expert Classes. Alchemist, Chi Monk, Minstrel. I figured one more sort of flavor would be interesting. Like I said, preventative healer. That breaks time. :tongue:

Well now the class has to pass. Their future existence retroactively justifies this game's illogical time system that the characters themselves acknowledge as having been screwed with. :laugh:

I am bringing this backup with some adjustments.

Time MageThese wizards us the distortion of time to their advantage.

Health Bonus - 10

Ether Bonus - 15

Weapons - broomsticks, staves, wands, daggers, instruments, plus gems & scrolls

Job Traits - Natural Respite (see Barbarian), Spellcasting (see Mage), & Healing (see Cleric) usable only out side of battle

{1} Shield - Time Distortion: The Time Mage "hasten" allies (1 Ether per allie) or "slow" the enemies (1 Ether per enemy). Or with a roll of the die gains some Ether (1 through 6).

{2} Double Time: The Time Mage does two things at once. As they quickly cast a spell twice or hit the enemy twice with their weapon. (e.g. WP 10 x 2 + level 30 = 50 damage)

{3} Right Time: The Time Mage quickly cast a spell or hits the enemy with their weapon. (e.g. WP 10 + level 30 = 40 damage)

{4} Elusion of Time: The Time Mage creates "copies" of themselves to avoid all damage for rest and next round(s).

{5} Times Up: The target Hits the Time Mage for regular damage.

{6} Out Of Time: The Time Mage triggers the target's special skill.

I am think to get this job class you would need an item (like the pocket watch tile).

That's the reason Rewound Damage costs 3 ether. The class is designed to be something of a preventative healer, but it can burn through ether fast, too. Frozen-effect doesn't exist. But I picture it being something like a weaker petrified or a beefed-up stun/slow.

That's how Rewind was up until a few hours ago when I changed it right before uploading this picture to Flickr. :tongue: It no longer specifies that it has to be before the Timebreaker. It's just referring to the first Special Damage/Damage that round. But I do like that idea. :thumbup:

I should point out this class was heavily inspired by Jeb's Time Thief class from a while ago. But edited heavily. Basically, the thought process was "how can I make healers cool." And here you go. :laugh:

Perhaps instead of a healer who heals via denying damage, you could create a class that works by boosting current health beyond the maximum?

Perhaps instead of a healer who heals via denying damage, you could create a class that works by boosting current health beyond the maximum?

Thought of that, but time travel. :grin:

I think overhealing was my suggestion for High Cleric, actually.