Sign in to follow this  
LEGOman273

Heroica RPG - Expert Job Class Discussion

I still want to see Mystic Warden happen, even if only as an NPC class. :tongue:

Time Thief - These chronomancers strive to beat the clock.

Requirements: Must /roll the same /roll four rounds in a row in a single quest!

* Additional Health: +20

* Weapons: Time Thieves rely on swift weapons like daggers, longswords, scythes, throwing weapons and whips.

* Job Traits: Motes of Time - The Time Thief can steal moments of time from her own future to use for various abilities before her normal battle actions. The success of time-related actions and mote consumption outside of combat depend on QM discretion.

Temporal Striking - The Time Thief displaces herself from time during combat. Successful attacks grant the Time Thief evasion(½ damage from front row) that expires at the end of her next turn.

Deja Vu - The Time Thief has a 50/50 chance of receiving double the experience at the end of each battle.

* Battle Style: Temporal - Time Thieves sacrifice their health in order to manipulate time.

1. SHIELD:
Back to the Future
- The time thief pulls a time displaced copy of
any
enemy in the quest into the current battle. The enemy has a 50/50 chance of joining the enemy or allied party. Additionally, the time thief generates 10 motes of time without losing any health.

2. GREATER TEMPORAL STRIKE/EXTRA MOTE GENERATION: The time thief hits her target with strength in an amount equal to her weapon power multiplied by two then added to her level and receives the evasion effect until the end of her next turn (WP 20 x 2 + level 30 = 70 damage + evasion for 1 turn). Optionally, the time thief creates 10 motes of time at the cost of 10 health.

3. TEMPORAL STRIKE/MOTE GENERATION: The time thief hits her target with strength in an amount equal to her weapon power added to level and receives the evasion effect until the end of her next turn (WP 20 + level 30 = 50 damage + evasion for 1 turn). Optionally, the time thief creates 5 motes of time at the cost of 5 health.

4. TIME HEIST/LESSER MOTE GENERATION: The time thief steals gold from the timestream in an amount equal to her target’s level. If her target carries gold, she steals that too. Optionally, the time thief creates 3 motes of time at the cost of 3 health.

5. DAMAGE/WEAK MOTE GENERATION: The time thief is struck by her target’s damage. Optionally, the time thief creates 2 motes of time at the cost of 2 health.

6. TEMPORAL GUARD/WEAKER MOTE GENERATION: The time thief is struck by her opponent’s special skill however, the skill doesn’t activate until the end of the time thief’s next turn. Optionally, the time thief creates 1 mote of time at the cost of 1 health.

MOTES OF TIME ABILITIES

The Time Thief has the ability to perform one of the actions listed below before conducting the normal actions of her turn at the cost of motes of time. All motes dissipate at the end of the quest.

Slow Time - Grants target the ability to slow time allowing the target to use an item in addition to their normal action per turn for the rest of the battle at the cost of (x) motes of time.

Steal Time - The target is cursed at a cost of (x) motes of time.

Entropy - The target ages uncontrollably receiving damage in an amount equal to the target’s level and becoming weakened at the cost of (x) motes of time.

Temporal Stasis - The target resurrects at full health and ether 3 rounds after being knocked out, regardless of party wipe at the cost of (x) motes of time.

Rewind - The target’s health and ether are fully restored but they lose 10 levels per round until the end of battle at the cost of 5 motes of time.

Time Stop - The enemy party becomes frozen in time. The allied party may choose and guarantee a /roll for the next round (i.e. can choose to /roll a 2 for a critical strike when their SHIELD /roll may be less favorable) at the cost of (x+time thief’s level) motes of time.

AbilityName - Reduces the negative effect counter on target to make it last for one round only at the cost of (x) motes of time. Will activate DOOMED effect after one round.

Infobesity - Target’s level increases by (x) but target is also confused for the rest of the battle at the cost of (x) motes of time.

AbilityName - Causes target to cause elemental damage of the time thief’s choosing for the rest of the battle at the cost of (x) motes of time.

AbilityName - The target will auto-Flee after two rounds at the cost of (x) motes of time. Can be used on allied Party members as well!

Time MageThese wizards us the distortion of time to their advantage.

Health Bonus - 10

Ether Bonus - 15

Weapons - broomsticks, staves, wands, daggers, instruments, plus gems & scrolls

Job Traits - Natural Respite (see Barbarian), Spellcasting (see Mage), & Healing (see Cleric) usable only out side of battle

{1} Shield - Time Distortion: The Time Mage "hasten" allies (1 Ether per allie) or "slow" the enemies (1 Ether per enemy). Or with a roll of the die gains some Ether (1 through 6).

{2} Double Time: The Time Mage does two things at once. As they quickly cast a spell twice or hit the enemy twice with their weapon. (e.g. WP 10 x 2 + level 30 = 50 damage)

{3} Right Time: The Time Mage quickly cast a spell or hits the enemy with their weapon. (e.g. WP 10 + level 30 = 40 damage)

{4} Elusion of Time: The Time Mage creates "copies" of themselves to avoid all damage for rest and next round(s).

{5} Times Up: The target Hits the Time Mage for regular damage.

{6} Out Of Time: The Time Mage triggers the target's special skill.

I am think to get this job class you would need an item (like the pocket watch tile).

Edit - I guess I don't know what I am doing. I'm editing when I wanted to quote this post. :wall:

Edited by samuraiturtle

I'd like to suggest something.

Traveling Merchant

(Requires possession of a book called, "Marketing 101")

Additional Health: +10

Additional Ether: +5

Weapons: Staves, Wands, Hammers, and Maces

Job Traits:

Bribe - The traveling merchant can bribe enemies into revealing information at the cost of some of their wares.

Traveling Shop - The traveling merchant has a shop that he/she can put their items in to sell. NPCs can buy too.

Deal with Death - The traveling merchant can pay the amount of damage taken in coins to avoid the damage on rolls of 5 or 6.

Battle Style: Greedy - The Traveling Merchant wants wares and will take them if nessisary.

1. SHIELD: - Ware Add: The traveling merchant deals damage equal to 4x their WP added to their level and steals the target's drops and adds them to their Shop.

2. CRITICAL HIT: - The traveling merchant deals damage equal to 2x their WP added to their level.

3. HIT: The traveling merchant deals damage equal to their WP added to their level.

4. WARES HEAL: The traveling merchant heals himself equal to his wares worth in gold divided by ten.

5. DAMAGE: The traveling merchant takes damage equal to the enemy's level.

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE: The traveling merchant is struck with the opponent's special skill.

Edited by Rider Raider

I'd like to suggest something.

Traveling Merchant

(Requires possession of a book called, "Marketing 101")

Additional Health: +10

Additional Ether: +5

Weapons: Staves, Wands, Hammers, and Maces

Job Traits:

Bribe - The traveling merchant can bribe enemies into revealing information at the cost of some of their wares.

Traveling Shop - The traveling merchant has a shop that he/she can put their items in to sell. NPCs can buy too.

Deal with Death - The traveling merchant can pay the amount of damage taken in coins to avoid the damage on rolls of 5 or 6.

Battle Style: Greedy - The Traveling Merchant wants wares and will take them if nessisary.

1. SHIELD: - Ware Add: The traveling merchant deals damage equal to 4x their WP added to their level and steals the target's drops and adds them to their Shop.

2. CRITICAL HIT: - The traveling merchant deals damage equal to 2x their WP added to their level.

3. HIT: The traveling merchant deals damage equal to their WP added to their level.

4. WARES HEAL: The traveling merchant heals himself equal to his wares worth in gold divided by ten.

5. DAMAGE: The traveling merchant takes damage equal to the enemy's level.

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE: The traveling merchant is struck with the opponent's special skill.

While I like the initiative of trying to create a new class, there's a few issues with this one.

Job Traits: Currently PC's can bribe and sell their own wares as is, they don't need a trait to do so. The deal with death is a good one, but one I'd expect to see more with something like a gambler class.

Battle Rolls: The Shield skill is to similar to the Black Knight's, Ware's Heal is a little too complicated, and the rest of the rolls are very generic.

Overall I can't see it serving any new purpose that isn't already taken care by other classes, or general PC behavior in general.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Job Traits: Currently PC's can bribe and sell their own wares as is, they don't need a trait to do so.

True, but people can talk diplomatically without a trait, the trait just makes it more effective. The same goes here.

The deal with death is a good one, but one I'd expect to see more with something like a gambler class.

Also true. I'll replace that trait.

The Shield skill is to similar to the Black Knight's

True yet again, but I couldn't really think of much better.

Ware's Heal is a little too complicated

I will change it soon.

and the rest of the rolls are very generic.

I couldn't really think of anything special.

Overall I can't see it serving any new purpose that isn't already taken care by other classes, or general PC behavior in general.

The entire point of the class is not to sell to other players, but to NPCs. If Heckz was a traveling merchant in 130, he could set up a shop and earn a lot of gold that way, maybe influence, and possibly a rivalry with the other shopkeepers. In some quests the merchant would be nearly worthless with his shop, but the same could be said about the harlot in a quest with many enemies immune to negotiate effects.

The entire point of the class is not to sell to other players, but to NPCs. If Heckz was a traveling merchant in 130, he could set up a shop and earn a lot of gold that way, maybe influence, and possibly a rivalry with the other shopkeepers. In some quests the merchant would be nearly worthless with his shop, but the same could be said about the harlot in a quest with many enemies immune to negotiate effects.

Why would an NPC (QM) want to randomly buy from a PC? And if they could, it sounds like it would just make the quest drag on, especially for the other PCs, if the Traveling Merchant wanted to gold farm.

No thanks.

Why would an NPC (QM) want to randomly buy from a PC? And if they could, it sounds like it would just make the quest drag on, especially for the other PCs, if the Traveling Merchant wanted to gold farm.

No thanks.

In the world of Olegia, the Heroes are as much of real people as the NPCs, and that means they have needs and wants, like if a mother needed a remedy to cure her son, or if a soldier wanted a new shield. Everything is at a price set by the merchant (No one will buy if price is ridiculously high, people will swarm like flies if prices are low.), so a NPC can just go up without haggling or talking and just buy it. At the end of a time period, the merchant will get a message saying that he gained x gold and x items were bought.

(I really need to put this somewhere.)

Thank you for your criticism.

In the world of Olegia, the Heroes are as much of real people as the NPCs, and that means they have needs and wants, like if a mother needed a remedy to cure her son, or if a soldier wanted a new shield. Everything is at a price set by the merchant (No one will buy if price is ridiculously high, people will swarm like flies if prices are low.), so a NPC can just go up without haggling or talking and just buy it. At the end of a time period, the merchant will get a message saying that he gained x gold and x items were bought.

(I really need to put this somewhere.)

Thank you for your criticism.

It works as an NPC class, but heroes are just that, they're expected to go on missions/quests as representatives of the hall. Having a merchant class is equivalent to having a farmer or a fisherman class I'm afraid.

It works as an NPC class, but heroes are just that, they're expected to go on missions/quests as representatives of the hall. Having a merchant class is equivalent to having a farmer or a fisherman class I'm afraid.

Very true. So, how does a mounted warrior sound?

There was a cavalier class created awhile ago, one that I'm a little disappointed didn't get approved. Other than that there's also Dragoon.

See here, feel free to make improvements/suggestions. While Dragoon's are a Pet Class, this Cavalier was built to function as a support role.

See here, feel free to make improvements/suggestions. While Dragoon's are a Pet Class, this Cavalier was built to function as a support role.

To bring up this concept again, perhaps the Cavalier would only be mounted (and thus Hastened) until they take a certain number of hits, to match the mechanic we've seen on mounted enemies? Perhaps something like this:

Mounted – Cavaliers are permanently hastened as long as their mount is sufficiently healthy.

(in character stats:)

Example Du Cavalier, Level 30 Cavalier *Permanently Hastened*

Power Bonus: +2

HP: 50/50

Mount Strength: 4/4 hits

MOUNTS:

The Cavalier's mount has strength equal to the Cavalier's number of usable Artifact slots (i.e. Mount Strength 4 at Level 30). Any attack, Special Damage, or Free Hit that strikes the Cavalier reduces the mount's strength by 1, even if the Cavalier's SP reduces the damage to 0. The mount cannot be healed in battle, but automatically heals to full strength at the battle's conclusion.

Question: does delivering a speech count as targeting an enemy (and thus risking Damage and Special Damage)? At first I thought the answer was no, but then I saw the way you worded Gallant Speech and got confused. :blush:

Question: does delivering a speech count as targeting an enemy (and thus risking Damage and Special Damage)? At first I thought the answer was no, but then I saw the way you worded Gallant Speech and got confused. :blush:

You're right it shouldn't count as targeting an enemy and thus not incur damage, the same goes for Damage and Special Damage. There should be either rolls of no speech or perhaps a demoralizing speech.

You're right it shouldn't count as targeting an enemy and thus not incur damage, the same goes for Damage and Special Damage. There should be either rolls of no speech or perhaps a demoralizing speech.

Gallant Speech would need to be altered, then, since it mentions getting hit by an enemy. Maybe on a Gallant Speech the Cavalier takes the next attack directed at a party member, or protects themself and the party members above and below them from Free Hits? Alternatively, it could restore their mount's strength by 1 if it isn't completely down, though that might make it too powerful.

I'd initially written up a 5 roll for speeches called "Forgettable Speech" as well as a 6 roll for "Demoralizing Speech", so great minds think alike I suppose. :blush:

I'd definitely like to see this class become a thing, it's a nice niche between Dragoon and Minstrel that hasn't been filled yet, especially since it's a support class that doesn't rely on Ether; nice to have something besides Alchemist that can do that, especially since it does so in a very different way. :classic::thumbup:

Speaking of classes, does Paragon look absurdly underpowered (and also boring) compared to Prophet, or is it just me? :wacko:

Paragon's Shield is Guardian Angel, Frenzy, and maybe stealing gold rolled up into one.

Prophet's Shield is one to six Magic Bursts, and as many Roots of Life is necessary to heal everyone to perfect health. And piles of ether just in case you don't have any left. :tongue:

I feel like the Shield needs a straight buff, the basic rolls should all have the 'steal gold on defeat' ability, and Truce needs to get changed, because that could thoroughly screw over any battle in which the heroes are on a timer to beat enemies, which happens fairly often.

Thoughts?

Speaking of classes, does Paragon look absurdly underpowered (and also boring) compared to Prophet, or is it just me? :wacko:

Paragon's Shield is Guardian Angel, Frenzy, and maybe stealing gold rolled up into one.

Prophet's Shield is one to six Magic Bursts, and as many Roots of Life is necessary to heal everyone to perfect health. And piles of ether just in case you don't have any left. :tongue:

I feel like the Shield needs a straight buff, the basic rolls should all have the 'steal gold on defeat' ability, and Truce needs to get changed, because that could thoroughly screw over any battle in which the heroes are on a timer to beat enemies, which happens fairly often.

Thoughts?

I'm glad someone else noticed this. :laugh: I think the Prophet should get nerfed instead of buffing the Paragon, though.

Maybe, but I feel like the main Master Classes should be more appealing rather than less so. Prophet seems like it fills its role as super-powered Sage well, but Paragon feels like a weird medley of different Shields and kind of underwhelming basic rolls.

I'm all about the Paragon being improved. Soon. :laugh:

Don't let Torc hear that. :tongue:

Thoughts?

You have a point, and now that we've seen both classes in action the imbalance is evident.

Would you guys rather have "Veni Vidi Vici" deal more damage or have additional effects?

And would "Truce" work if it was optional? Or would you rather have something else replacing it, like some sort of gold-gaining ability?

Would you guys rather have "Veni Vidi Vici" deal more damage or have additional effects?

More damage for sure.

And would "Truce" work if it was optional? Or would you rather have something else replacing it, like some sort of gold-gaining ability?

How about change it from "Truce" to "Tactician":

Tactician - Paragon gives a positive effect to a random ally. Effect and ally are determined by a separate dice roll. If the ally already has that positive effect, it goes to the next ally in the Battle Order that does not have that effect. In addition, a random enemy receives a negative effect, with the same mechanic applied the opposite of the ally's positive effect.

Lucky - Jinxed

Encourage - Weakened

Blessed - Cursed

Hastened - Slowed

Inspired - Fragile

Nimble - Petrified

or something like that.

Edited by UsernameMDM

You have a point, and now that we've seen both classes in action the imbalance is evident.

Maybe Veni Vidi Vici reduces the levels of the enemies it hits?

I like optional Truce, and replacing it with a buffing ability like MDM suggests seems suitable for the class. :sweet:

I'd definitely like to see this class become a thing, it's a nice niche between Dragoon and Minstrel that hasn't been filled yet, especially since it's a support class that doesn't rely on Ether; nice to have something besides Alchemist that can do that, especially since it does so in a very different way. :classic::thumbup:

So... Skirmisher? :wink: They seem pretty similar to me.

How about change it from "Truce" to "Tactician":

Tactician - Paragon gives a positive effect to a random ally. Effect and ally are determined by a separate dice roll. If the ally already has that positive effect, it goes to the next ally in the Battle Order that does not have that effect. In addition, a random enemy receives a negative effect, with the same mechanic applied.

Interesting idea, it's a little bit like the Chi Monk's SHIELD roll. It might be a little OP for a 4 roll but it seems to suit the theme of the class, which is support/offensive (like Berserker's SHIELD).