Sign in to follow this  
Rufus

2012 LEGO Racers

I clicked around and saw that the Shell Hong Kong & Macau official webpage has an official English version. It's nice to read the official translation as opposed to relying on the automatic translate function of my web browser.

http://www.shell.com.hk/home/content/hkg-en/products_services/on_the_road/fuels/lego_ferrari_model_collection_tpkg/

Some interesting and fun links on that page.

Here are the promo details for Hong Kong. I suppose there will be similar details when this goes global.

http://www.shell.com.hk/home/content/hkg-en/products_services/on_the_road/fuels/lego_ferrari_model_collection_tpkg/ferrari_showroom/about/

Here's a quick little virtual building game.

http://www.shell.com.hk/home/content/hkg-en/products_services/on_the_road/fuels/lego_ferrari_model_collection_tpkg/build_collection/

Here's the offical Shell TV ad.

I clicked around and saw that the Shell Hong Kong & Macau official webpage has an official English version. It's nice to read the official translation as opposed to relying on the automatic translate function of my web browser.

http://www.shell.com.hk/home/content/hkg-en/products_services/on_the_road/fuels/lego_ferrari_model_collection_tpkg/

Some interesting and fun links on that page.

Here are the promo details for Hong Kong. I suppose there will be similar details when this goes global.

http://www.shell.com.hk/home/content/hkg-en/products_services/on_the_road/fuels/lego_ferrari_model_collection_tpkg/ferrari_showroom/about/

Here's a quick little virtual building game.

http://www.shell.com.hk/home/content/hkg-en/products_services/on_the_road/fuels/lego_ferrari_model_collection_tpkg/build_collection/

Here's the offical Shell TV ad.

Interesting... These cars have a new pull-back motor with a "T"-shaped 4x4 footprint and a thickness of two to three plates. It seems like an excellent piece, certainly much more versatile than the old 2 x 6 x 1 1/3 pull-back motors of the early naughts. Coupled with their already incredible looks, this makes me really hope they make it the United States, and I'm not even normally a collector of LEGO Racers!

For those who are in Hong Kong and Singapore, the LEGO Racers craze had struck in, including myself as well, who had got a chance to own one.

The content below is taken from Smashing Bricks.com,

shell-1-470x164.jpg

shell-2-470x117.jpg

shell-3-470x138.jpg

shell-4-470x138.jpg

shell-5-470x155.jpg

shell-6-470x155.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sGdX8J3YXg

The Shell promotion we’ve all been waiting for has finally landed in Singapore. Starting from 27th August, fans of LEGO and Ferrari will be able to purchase these very buildable, very collectible limited edition LEGO Ferrari Cars for S$5.95 each with every S$50 pump at all Shell stations. According to the official press release, this is smallest pull back motor LEGO has designed into a model of this size. The motor has a minimum of 300 pull backs and is capable of propelling the models up to 2 meters or more. You’ll definitely need more than one set of these beauties. One to distract your kids with and the other goes into your vault of LEGO treasures

“Shell has announced the launch of a new promotion in collaboration with Ferrari and the LEGO Group. Singapore is one of the first countries in the world to see the introduction of a range of limited edition, buildable, collectible Ferrari models made from LEGO bricks. The unique LEGO models are available for purchase exclusively at Shell stations islandwide with every S$50 pump.

The new Shell promotion introduces six exclusive LEGO models that are based on some of the most iconic vehicles in Ferrari’s motoring history. This exciting collection brings together three of the most notable global brands in the world and celebrates over 60 years of a shared passion for performance between Shell and Ferrari.

Spanning decades of motoring heritage – covering truck, road and track vehicles – the models designed by the LEGO Group illustrate the innovative and passionate nature of the Shell technical partnership with Ferrari.

“This campaign perfectly represents the joint passion for performance and innovation that Shell and Ferrari stand for whilst incorporating the fun and imaginative nature of LEGO products. Whether they are fans of Ferrari, motorsport, or LEGO, we think these toys will prove an exciting reward for our customers,” said Dawn Phang, General Manager of Retail Sales and Operations, Shell Singapore.

With a minimum fill-up of S$50 of Shell fuels, customers will be able to purchase one of the six LEGO models at a price of S$5.95, with one new model released every fortnight.

First in LEGO history

Featuring the smallest pull-back motor ever produced by the LEGO Group, the unique range represents the first time in the Danish toy company’s history that any vehicle of this size will have powered wheels. The limited edition Ferrari models are capable of performing a minimum of 300 pulls, propelling a 30g vehicle for a minimum of 2 metres.

Shell and the LEGO Group worked together on the development of the mini-motor for over 18 months and it embodies the spirit of technological innovation and improved performance that is at the heart of Shell V-Power fuels. The ‘micro-propulsion’ motor is powerful enough to drive each pocket sized vehicle at high speed, making them ready to race wherever you are!

The Iconic Models

Shell and the LEGO Group have created six of the most iconic and unique models associated with Ferrari racing. The models included in the promotion (from left to right in the photo above) are the Scuderia Ferrari Truck, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 150° Italia, Ferrari 458 Italia, Ferrari FXX and Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta.

One new model will be released every fortnight over the next 3 months, with exciting activities and opportunities in store. LEGO lovers, young and old, can also try their hand at building the cars in a real-life constructors’ championship from 3 – 7 October 2012 at Jurong Point. Participants will race to see who can build the models in the shortest time for a chance to win attractive prizes. Motoring enthusiasts and race fans can also look forward to getting up close with a life-sized LEGO replica of a Scuderia Ferrari Formula One car at the event. For more information on the new LEGO collectible promotion, visit www.shell.com.sg/LEGO.”

I gassed-up today and got me the ferrari 150 and ferrari truck. 2 down. 4 more to go!

It costs P140(about $3) a piece when you buy P1500 worth of v power fuel. Promo started a few weeks ago and a lot of shell stations are already running out of stock of these Lego Racers, especially the F1 model.