Sign in to follow this  
Lego Otaku

Bricklink down?

I tried to read BL forum and I was getting error messages:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31'

Timeout expired

/messageCode.asp, line 130 

Seems like the forum got bugged and isn't loading anything anymore.

Was just about to make a thread about this. Yeah, it does appear to be having some problems. I'm starting to find it quite amusing (in the face of annoyance) how when I need to use LDD that goes down, when I've made the digital mock up and go to buy the pieces Bricklink goes down... I wonder if there'll be some sort of mass-strike for postal service workers when I eventually place my orders?? :laugh:

Guess we just have to wait while they drag those pesky gremlins out of the wires kicking and screaming..

~A.S.

If I remember correctly, besides going down for 10 minutes of maintenance daily at midnight EST, there is a 3 hour maintenance occasionally. I would expect there to be a redirect to a maintenance page during maintenance though, so maybe maintenance introduced a problem. :sceptic:

Is anyone having difficulty in accessing Bricklink ?

Yes, I'm unable to access it also.

Hopefully it is just a brief outage. The web site is hosted by Eric Smith of Northstar Computers.

http://www.northcomp.com/

That web site appears to be working so the entire server farm is not down.

It's not just forum that is broken. I can't process orders because the order isn't showing correctly.

Clicky (over 800pix)

The order shows 65 items total, 10 unique items. But it's displaying only 29/3 so it is missing 36 items and 7 unique lots. :sick: The price displayed is correct for the full order.

Yesterday there were some problem with non-USA stores not showing up at all and some stores were missing inventory. I'm wondering if the database file were corrupted and possibly hard drive going bad? I hope the admins can get BL back up and running.

I heard there were security issues with BL earlier, that were in the process of being fixed, I sincerely hope it has nothing to do with that :look:.

I really hope it's nothing as serious as a database corruption or hard drive failure. Not only would that severely impact the running of the site but also of most of our community.

Hopefully this will be sorted soon enough. Still, it has been somewhat eye-opening for me as to how much I actually depend on Bricklink as a resource, both for ordering and checking things. I suppose Peeron will suffice for the latter.

~A.S.

Edited by AwesomeStar

On my computer it says.

"down for mantinence

System Unavailable

The site is offline for 15 - 30 minutes."

So it should be ok soon. :classic:

The security issue was related to chat room, it was disabled twice and has not been re-enabled yet. There was also some problem last year with odd virus that changed the splash page by inserting codes which, if an unlucky person views it, gets their own splash page infected as well. Most of the HTML feature have been blocked to prevent this.

Right now BL is down for maintenance. Should be back up in under 30 minutes.

I'm still getting the original error here in England, along with the page taking a while to load. Anybody else still experiencing this?

~A.S.

I'm still getting the original error here in England, along with the page taking a while to load. Anybody else still experiencing this?

~A.S.

I'm in the UK and get the down for Maintenance message.

I'm in the UK and get the down for Maintenance message.

Yeah I just checked again and I'm getting that now. Maybe it just took a little while to set up across the network.

Hopefully it'll be back up within the next half hour or so then.

~A.S.

Sorry to double-post but I just thought I'd mention that the site has now switched to an 'emergency maintenance' message :sceptic:

However, thankfully we can get an idea of what's happening on BL's Twitter feed.

~A.S.

couldn't.be.worse.timing :wacko: I'm late like a week for ordering in time for Brickworld, and today was supposed to be an all day sorting of 1,100 lots into their respective stores to purchase, and as soon as I get my 3 computer screens setup (yes, I'm doing row-by-row price checking on multiple stores at once) bricklink happens to be down!

I suppose a week of things going wrong should be a sign, but I can't say I saw this one coming. Sorry all, my bad luck has entered the internet :tongue:

Now time to stare at the twitter feed.

Wahey, we're operational once more.

Very good job by the BL admins on getting it back up so quickly and keeping everyone in the loop :thumbup:

~A.S.

Is it just me, or is bricklink down again?

And yes, I know, the old thread was closed. And I'm sorry if this is a little cluttery, but seriously, I need to know what's up. I'm in the middle of finalizing a $2,500 order (half the total) and I've spent the last 9 hours straight with 3 computer screens and 8 windows comparing piece by piece prices. I'm super super scared :cry_sad:

The twitter feed says they have been attacked. I seriously want to grind whoever attacked the site in very sharp lego pieces. grrr :angry:

Sorry. Anyway, anyone know what's up?

Yep it's down again, and after the admin locked my original thread from this morning's downtime. :hmpf_bad:

Looks like the problem is outside this time.

You can bookmark their new twitter channel for tweets: https://twitter.com/#!/BricklinkAdm (no registration needed to view)

Glad I pushed out the last of open orders and temp closed my store, no need to get caught up holding an open order or 2 because the site is a bit wonky for one reason or another.