Sign in to follow this  
Darth Nihilus

Future LotR and Hobbit sets

Sorry if this has already mentioned but the only other Shire set I can see is from the Hobbit; An Unexpected Party, from chapter one. It would feature Bag End with Bilbo, Gandalf and a few of the Dwarves. :classic:

I just hope a decent shire set is released, it's such a quirky and iconic place in the story

I just hope a decent shire set is released, it's such a quirky and iconic place in the story

I want a new door mold :classic: but not enough to want to sacrifice characther items.

A couple of ideas (and I hope not all of those have been done already - there are a lot of wishlists in this thread!):

Attack on Osgiliath:

Includes a couple of destroyed buildings and an Orc boat. Minfigures would be Faramir, 2 Gondor soldiers and 3-4 Orcs. Price around 80-100 bucks. Would be a good set to buy multiple times, so you could easily built up bigger armies and a bigger city.

Warg Encounter:

Includes a little brick-built scenery, 2 Warg riders, 2-3 Rohirrim and maybe Legolas/Aragorn/Gimli. The wargs would be new molds, of course, but that doesn't seem to be a problem. Price ca. 50 bucks.

Haradrim Ambush:

A mumakil (partly new molds, partly brick-built) with 3-4 Haradrim and 2-3 of Faramir's archers. Price 30-40$, depending on the size of the mumakil.

The Dead Marshes:

A few bushes, some brick-built swamp, a brick-built Fell beast with Nazgul and Gollum, Frodo & Sam. Could be a lot like Shelob Attacks, just replace the spider with a larger Fell beast. Price 30-40$.

The Black Gate:

Medium to large gate with 3-4 orcs and a troll. No Frodo, Sam or Gollum as those shouldn't be in too many sets. Price 50-60$.

Edoras:

Large set, maybe exclusive. Includes part of the wall around the city, 1-2 small houses and the Golden Hall. Figures: Theoden (double-sided head), Grima, Hama, Gandalf, Eowyn, a few Rohirrim, maybe the rest of the Fellowship. Price around 150$.

There has been a discussion about battle packs in the LOTR topic, and it seems that people are in favor of Castle-style BPs. So, I have come up with some ideas.

Rohan: one Royal Guard (all that would be needed would be a new scale mail body print and maybe a helmet), four Rohan soldiers (same as in Uruk-hai Army), two with dark green capes and shields and spears, and two with bows and quivers. Also, maybe a barrel with two short swords (gladiator swords) for more options for weapons.

Gondor: three basic Gondor soldiers (new helmet, maybe each basic soldier gets a suit of armor with the white tree printed on it), one with a spear and shield (spears the same as the Spartan's, but with a solid black shaft), two with swords and shields (swords same as Aragorn's), then there could be two Rangers of Ithilien, maybe one with reddish brown cape and hood and one with dark green cape and good, both have bows, and then there could be a barrel with two more spears.

Isengard: one berserker (maybe a new berserker sword mold), two Uruks with helmets, armor, swords and shields, one with helmet, shield and sword, and one with hair, shield and sword.

Mordor: one Mordor Uruk, four Mordor orcs with assorted weapons (we haven't seen many Mordor orcs yet, so I don't have too much to say here).

All of these sets would be the same price (probably the price of Gandalf Arrives, maybe less).

There has been a discussion about battle packs in the LOTR topic, and it seems that people are in favor of Castle-style BPs. So, I have come up with some ideas.

I'm confused - are TLG allowed to sell packs of figures without bricks for LotR? I know it isn't possible for LSW, hence the inclusion of vehicles in the battle packs. What about LotR?

If they can do BPs with just figures, I hope they're not in the already-assembled style of the Castle BPs - I like opening boxes and putting together figs, and I think a Rohan battlepack needs horses. Maybe a Rohan BP could come with 3 Rohirrim and 3 horses, while the other packs have 5 figures but no horses.

I'm confused - are TLG allowed to sell packs of figures without bricks for LotR? I know it isn't possible for LSW, hence the inclusion of vehicles in the battle packs. What about LotR?

If they can do BPs with just figures, I hope they're not in the already-assembled style of the Castle BPs - I like opening boxes and putting together figs, and I think a Rohan battlepack needs horses. Maybe a Rohan BP could come with 3 Rohirrim and 3 horses, while the other packs have 5 figures but no horses.

I'm not sure about the license agreement when it comes to BPs for LOTR, but POTC had BPs with just figs, so who knows? Also, I would like more horses, but in the end, I would rather have more soldiers and then brick link the horses.

Rohan: one Royal Guard (all that would be needed would be a new scale mail body print and maybe a helmet), four Rohan soldiers (same as in Uruk-hai Army), two with dark green capes and shields and spears, and two with bows and quivers. Also, maybe a barrel with two short swords (gladiator swords) for more options for weapons.

I wouldnt want 4 of the soldiers from uruk hai army, the only part of rohan that dresses the same are the royal guards. the rest have alot more variety.

2 of the uruk hai army torsos and 2 new one would be better. and that helmet really shouldnt be gray, the random soldiers that have similar helmets are brown.

With the announcement of "the Hobbit" sets end of 2012 here are some idea's based on a short description of the movie.

2) Rivendell (epic collecters set)

Figs: Bilbo, Elrond, 1 or 2 elves, 1 or 2 dwarves, maybe one or 2 iconic elves from LotR

5) The Chase (Battle set as Orc Forge 9476)

Figs: 2 wargs (new mold), 2 to 3 goblins and a brick build eagle

2: Galadriel is in rivendell in "the hobbit" so thats and iconic elf from lotr that fits in ;)

5: YES we need lego wargs! I can imagine how cool/cute they would be. I think the eagles cant be brick buildt, they needa be new molds like that new flying dinosaur. remember the eagles are in the second movie aswell.

Edited by deskp

All I really want is a hobbit house, that would be the best ever (I would by like 10 and make The Shire) :sweet:

I've seen the mumakil idea brought up quite a few times and personally, I think it's a great idea. I think they could somehow make it brick built and to the size of the Star Wars AT-AT. Both are massive vehicles/creatures and I think an almost similar style could be used for the mumakil. I think it would be especially neat if they could make it walk, similar to the second AT-AT that was released. Definitely doable in my opinion.

I've seen the mumakil idea brought up quite a few times and personally, I think it's a great idea. I think they could somehow make it brick built and to the size of the Star Wars AT-AT. Both are massive vehicles/creatures and I think an almost similar style could be used for the mumakil. I think it would be especially neat if they could make it walk, similar to the second AT-AT that was released. Definitely doable in my opinion.

As much as a brick built Mumak is more likely, I would prefer an elephant mold, four times the size of the old one, redesigned of course, and with tusks the size of the tails of 2007 Castle dragons! Then, most of the build would be the battle tower on it's back. It would be massive, and cost a lot, but, oh, it would be magnificent! Imagine having a row of huge Mumaks charging at a line or Rohirrim! :wub:

I'm guessing for the 2013 First Wave, you'll have a few Hobbit sets, (maybe 4 or 5) and the rest LOTR sets.

I thought about that too, but would it really make sense? They announced/promoted a Hobbit wave to go with the movie, and the Hobbit sets would look quite different from the LotR sets. I think the realistic option is a 100% Hobbit wave in January 2013 and another LotR wave in summer 13.

I think a Rivendell set in which there are three minifigs (Frodo, Gandalf and Elrond) around a table :cry_happy:

=> it would be similar to POTC Captains Cabin and would be cheap?? What do you think??

I think a Rivendell set in which there are three minifigs (Frodo, Gandalf and Elrond) around a table :cry_happy:

=> it would be similar to POTC Captains Cabin and would be cheap?? What do you think??

Nah, there is already a cheap way to get Frodo and Gandalf, we cant have them in every set. Maybe Elrond, a generic elf (or Glorfindel/Galdor) and possibly a Gandalf with hair and no hat... (not really a Rivendell set, just a fig-collecing set).

Nah, there is already a cheap way to get Frodo and Gandalf, we cant have them in every set. Maybe Elrond, a generic elf (or Glorfindel/Galdor) and possibly a Gandalf with hair and no hat... (not really a Rivendell set, just a fig-collecing set).

I would much rather a big exclusive Rivendell, similar to the MMV or the Joust set. It could have the front of Elrond's house, and inside the could be some rooms, such as the bedroom where Frodo wakes up, the room with the shards of Narsil on the statue, and then maybe Elrond's study, where he and Gandalf discuss the fate of men. Then, the balcony where the council is held to be either a completely separate building, or could be attached to the house from many different points. And finally, there could be a small bridge and a tree, where Arwen gives Aragorn the Evenstar. Figs could be Elrond, Gandalf, Frodo, Arwen, Aragorn, Sam, Bilbo, Legolas, Gimli, Boromir, Merry and Pippin.

For Rivendell, the main parts are the Last Homely House and that curved walkway that goes over the waterfall. Or they're the most prevalent in the movies.

The Last Homely House could have the bedroom, shards of Narsil balcony, Elrond's office/library and the patio are where the fate of the One Ring is decided. Throw in the curved walkway section and a few smaller bits (e.g. two from: Aragorn and Arwen's bridge, Statue of Gilraen, Gazebo, Gate, etc) and the piece count would be about 1000.

Minifigs: Elrond, Arwen, Gandalf, Frodo, Bilbo, Sam, two Rivendell elves (Based on Elves at the council meeting)

If it was to come out in The Hobbit wave, replace the smaller parts with locations seen in the film, with Elrond, Bilbo, Gandalf, two of the dwarves, Lindir and two Rivendell elves. Assuming no new characters are met in Rivendell in the films :sweet:

My ideas for the upcoming Hobbit wave:

XXXX: Gollum's Cave

Figs: Gollum, Bilbo

Includes: Small rocky platform

Price: $15 AUS

XXXX: Attack of the Trolls (might change the name)

Figs: Bilbo, Thorin, one more dwarf (not sure which one), Two Trolls

Includes: Troll Campfire, Tree with Dwarf-catching net/sack feature

Price: $30 AUS

XXXX: Warg Chase

Figs: Three Goblins, Two Dwarves, Gandalf

Includes: Warg, Two Trees, brickbuilt Eagle

Price: $50 AUS

XXXX: Escape the Spiders

Figs: Bilbo, Three Dwarves

Includes: Two Spiders (mini-Shelobs), Three trees with spiderwebs between them

Price: $80 AUS

XXXX: Barrels out of Bond

Figs: Bilbo, Two Dwarves, Mirkwood Elf,_____,_____,_____

Includes: Room with the barrels, ________

Price: $130 AUS

XXXX: The Lonely Mountain

Figs: Bilbo, Thorin, Three-Four of the dwarves

Includes: Brickbuilt/Molded Smaug, One side of the mountain with lots of chrome-gold treasure

Price: $200 AUS

Can you all give a few suggestions as to which dwarf in which scene and how I should fill in the gaps in Barrels out of Bond?

Alright, I'll join in.

XXXX Bag End

Figs:3 (Frodo, Bilbo, Sam)

Price:$25

Includes: Bag End doorway, sitting room, bedroom.

Parts: Around 200.

XXXX Cave of Smaug (Or Smaug's Cave)

Figs: 4 (Bilbo, Thorin, Fili, Bombur)

Price: $50

Includes: A small tunnel for Bilbo to walk through, Smaug, treasure, 2 carts, dwarven camp.

Parts: 300-450

XXXX Siege of Minas Tirith

Figs: 6 (3 Orcs, 1 Uruk, 2 Gondor soldiers)

Price: $30

Includes: A siege tower, 1 drummer troll, and a catapult

Parts: Around 250

Edited by Poison Ivy

I think a lonely mountain set would be cool if it came with a smog. I think that a set of Sam trying to rescue Frodo form Cirith Ungol would be an awesome set. I would love an Orthanc set with Saruman, the Ents, Merry, Pippen and the Dam. It would be cool if lego did an elven castle in mirkwood for the hobbit wave. It would come with a Thranduil minifigure and all the dwarves in the prison cells. The dale and the lake town would make really cool sets especially if it came with a Bard Minifigure. The three trolls turning to stone would be a fun set. Beorn's house would be cool too.

None of these sets would be very likely or possible for lego to do, but they would be very cool.

I think a lonely mountain set would be cool if it came with a smog. I think that a set of Sam trying to rescue Frodo form Cirith Ungol would be an awesome set. I would love an Orthanc set with Saruman, the Ents, Merry, Pippen and the Dam. It would be cool if lego did an elven castle in mirkwood for the hobbit wave. It would come with a Thranduil minifigure and all the dwarves in the prison cells. The dale and the lake town would make really cool sets especially if it came with a Bard Minifigure. The three trolls turning to stone would be a fun set. Beorn's house would be cool too.

None of these sets would be very likely or possible for lego to do, but they would be very cool.

Lego has shown that they can do anything. Your ideas are very well possible.

I would love to see at least on set in each wave that covers one of the movies.

I'm really hoping for a wall or gate of Minas Tirith with maybe some trebuchets and definitely some Gondor Soldiers. A Grond would be very neat as well.

Collectibel Minifigures Series 7: "The Lord of the Rings - Characters"

1. Rosie Cotton

2. Hamfast Gamgee

3. Fredegar Bolger

4. Tom Bombadil

5. Prince Théodred

6. Glorfindel

7. King Elendil, first King of Arnor and Gondor

8. King Isildur, the elder son of Elendil

9. King Gil-galad, last High King of the Noldor

10.King Durin, King of Khazad-dûm

11.Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth

12.Sméagol, later better known as the dark creature Gollum

13.Barliman Butterbur, owner of the Inn known as The Prancing Pony

14.Celebrimbor, greatest craftsman of Middle-earth, forger of the Rings of Power

15.very old Bilbo Baggins with walking stick

16.aaaaand the Witchking of Angmar with Morgul blade in white shiny demon style :tongue:

Collectibel Minifigures Series 8: "The Lord of the Rings - Armies"

1. Rohan soldier

2. Gondor soldier (3.Age)

3. Gondor soldier, Ranger of Ithilien

4. Gondor soldier (Last Alliance of Elves and Men)

5. Noldor-elf soldier (Last Alliance of Elves and Men)

6. Lothlorien-elf soldier

7. Hobbit warrior (Battle of Bywater)

8. Dwarf warrior of Durin's folk

9. Corsair of Umbar

10.Dúnedain, Ranger of the North

11.Mordor orc

12.Moria goblin

13.Uruk-hai

14.Easterling

15.Haradrim

16. aaaaand a Oathbreaker, a white/green shiny soldier from the Army of the dead :sweet:

CM7 are already known and they're not LotR.

I'm not sure what they will be doing for the next waves.

We're getting sets from The Hobbit for certain, but perhaps they'll toss in a few LOTR sets as well.

Perhaps we'll have both a LOTR and The Hobbit wave at once, although that would be very doubtful.

There is a possibility of more LOTR sets, however, since the first movie does not feature all events from the book and ends at around halfway through,

with some additions made here and there. (Battles)

But when you take that into consideration, then maybe there isn't enough possibility for an entire wave of sets from The Hobbit, so perhaps we'll see some LOTR stuff.

~ general Magma

I have been seeing a lot of good ideas for Hobbit sets on here, but I've been noticing one thing: most lists cover all of the story. People seem to be forgetting that The Hobbit is being released as two films, which means they LEGO will release two full waves for each film. That being said, I have some ideas for the first film (which ends with Mirkwood).

Gollum's Cave

Minifigs: Bilbo (haggard look), Gollum.

Components: small rock cave entrance (similar to the one in Shelob set), Gollum's boat.

Accessories: Sting, the One Ring, fish.

Cost: $15.99 CAD

Attack in the Woods

Minifigs: Bilbo, Gamdalf, Nori

Components: a couple of brick built trees, two Wargs and one white Warg.

Accessories: Sting, Gandalf's staff, Glamdring, Nori's axe

Cost: $24.99 CAD

Bag End

Minifigs: Bilbo, Gandalf, Thorin, Bombur, Ori, Oin.

Components: Bag End, with kitchen and dining room, and maybe a living room with a fire place.

Accessories: lots of food, maybe some of the dwarves weapons, Gandalf's staff.

Cost: $39.99 CAD

Beorn's House (exclusive, like the Orc Forge)

Minifigs: Beorn, Gandalf, Bilbo, Dwalin, Dori, some animals

Components: Beorn's house

Accessories: Sting, Gandalf's staff, Glamdring, some axes

Cost: $49.99 CAD

Tangle in Mirkwood

Minifigs: Bilbo, Bifur, Fili, Tauriel, Bombur

Components: two large brick built trees, lots of spider web, three large spiders

Accessories: Sting, the Ring, Tauriel's weapons, some axes.

Cost: $74.99 CAD

The Trollshaw

Minifigs: Bilbo, Thorin, Bofur, Nori, Bert, Will, Tom

Components: fire pit, some logs for sitting, a bit of forest, and some roast mutton.

Accessories: some axes, the talking bag

Cost: $99.99 CAD

Goblin Town

Minifigs: Bilbo, Gandalf, Gloin, Kili, Balin, Thorin, the Great Goblin, three goblin soldiers.

Components: a network of tunnels, and the Great Goblin's throne room.

Accessories: Sting, Gandalf's staff, Glamdring, Orcrist, some axes, some goblin weapons.

Cost: $169.99

I really like those ideas Fives, however I find one issue. Bilbo is in every set. I think after this first wave we've seen, repeated figures won't be very likely within the sets. But I like those ideas very much. I would love a new mold for those wargs.