Sign in to follow this  
Darth Nihilus

Future LotR and Hobbit sets

On Amazon the Penguin has them

Those legs are someones mod, you can see they have cutt off the middle part of leg and glued together the top and bottom part.

Not any of the legs in the picture.

On Amazon the Penguin has them

Do you know if they are for sale, or could you provide a link? I just searched Amazon and couldn't find anything.

Oh, I see now. In the first picture you posted, they looked taller than the short legs, but now that I see they are just cut a glued, my interest has faded. I thought they were proper pieces, like Brickforge's centaur body.

Oh, I see now. In the first picture you posted, they looked taller than the short legs, but now that I see they are just cut a glued, my interest has faded. I thought they were proper pieces, like Brickforge's centaur body.

The amazon penguin has no relation to the picture I posted.

The amazon penguin has no relation to the picture I posted.

I'm getting confused... Do you know if the legs in the picture you posted can be purchased in other colors (dark brown) from a website such as Brickforge?

I'm getting confused... Do you know if the legs in the picture you posted can be purchased in other colors (dark brown) from a website such as Brickforge?

I know nothing about the legs from the picture I posted.

You asked for a link to the penguin the other user was talking about so I posted that.

I posted the link to the source of the image earlier so you should start your search there.

Edited by deskp

I know nothing about the legs from the picture I posted.

You asked for a link to the penguin the other user was talking about so I posted that.

I posted the link to the source of the image earlier so you should start your search there.

I'm sorry, I honestly forgot you said you don't know where those legs are from.

Ohhh my God! @ deskp, you are a LEGO god!

I want this guy so hard! :wub_drool:

Please stay on topic and keep posts to their relevant topics. Thanks. :classic:

I am watching Peter Jackson's video blogs on the Hobbit production right now(fascinating watches, by the way) and in the first video, he goes into great detail about how the first movie will feature Rivendell heavily. He even goes on to say that we will see parts of Rivendell which we didn't see in the LOTR movies. That being said, I would imagine that one of the Lego sets for the Hobbit movie this December will be Rivendell. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Rivendell ends up being the flagship set of this first Hobbit wave, in the form of a $130 set in the vein of a Helm's Deep.

I am watching Peter Jackson's video blogs on the Hobbit production right now(fascinating watches, by the way) and in the first video, he goes into great detail about how the first movie will feature Rivendell heavily. He even goes on to say that we will see parts of Rivendell which we didn't see in the LOTR movies. That being said, I would imagine that one of the Lego sets for the Hobbit movie this December will be Rivendell. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Rivendell ends up being the flagship set of this first Hobbit wave, in the form of a $130 set in the vein of a Helm's Deep.

I think getting a huge Rivendell set would be great but it's hard to believe that they would make it due to the lack of conflict, especially in the Hobbit.

I would like to see some sort of Elvin ship and some Battle Packs. Battle packs could be a huge money maker for LEGO with this theme.

I would like to see some sort of Elvin ship and some Battle Packs. Battle packs could be a huge money maker for LEGO with this theme.

Everyone keeps saying battle packs would earn TLC lots of money, but I'm sure they earn more form die hard fans buying multiple larger sets instead to get army figures.

Everyone keeps saying battle packs would earn TLC lots of money, but I'm sure they earn more form die hard fans buying multiple larger sets instead to get army figures.

Shhhhh!...We want TLG to make battle packs for us, too! :wink::laugh: Seriously, though, what do you think the chances of getting LOTR battle packs are? Because I'd really love those.

Shhhhh!...We want TLG to make battle packs for us, too! :wink::laugh: Seriously, though, what do you think the chances of getting LOTR battle packs are? Because I'd really love those.

I think the chances are extremely high. The Uruk-hai Army is pretty much TLG saying "We'll give you this for now, but we want to make sets with lots or basic soldiers". LOTR is known for its massive scale armies and battles, so TLG would be silly if they didn't jump on the battle pack band wagon with this theme. I wouldn't be surprised to see elven battle packs first. It would go along with Helm's Deep, and Haldir is a little lonely without his Lorien friends.

I doubt we will ever see an Elven ship, unless they are really desperate for more set ideas since in the whole of the trilogy and the Hobbit there is only one ship and that's the one at the end of the Return of the King when they depart Middle Earth. Ships play a bigger part in the Slimarillion but sadly we won't see any lego sets based on that era of Middle Earth (My favourite personally)

Meh, I don't think we'll see any ships. Besides the arguments already pointed out, POTC's bad sales probably left a bad taste in LEGO's mouth.

I would like to see some sort of Elvin ship . . .

Sorry, I probably need to catch up more on this thread, but I agree - not just ships, but the boats they get in Lothlorien.

I doubt we will ever see an Elven ship, unless they are really desperate for more set ideas since in the whole of the trilogy and the Hobbit there is only one ship and that's the one at the end of the Return of the King when they depart Middle Earth.

That's right - and it was an absolutely beautiful ship - the kind that would make a wonderful UCS set. I'm not ready to part with that kind of cash, and I wouldn't hold my breath for such a thing, but after getting LOTR at all, I wouldn't doubt it, either.

Meh, I don't think we'll see any ships. Besides the arguments already pointed out, POTC's bad sales probably left a bad taste in LEGO's mouth.

I'd always doubted the viability of POTC as LEGO. There's some kitsch and the ships were nice (but expensive, because they were really the only "good" POTC sets and are necessarily expensive), I just feel like there's a whole lot more with LOTR. A kid can get any one of the LOTR sets and be happy, but unless they had an (expensive) ship, they'd probably not be particularly thrilled with POTC.

Just my two cents... I think a UCS Elven Ship from the ending would be absolutely amazing, and I wouldn't guess what's on TLG's minds... after all, we never thought we'd get LOTR at all.

I didn't see any mention (although I admit to not looking completely through the thread), but the Corsair's ships would be cool.

Edited by fred67

Ships seem highly unlikely. There is just a lack of a combo like "good guy bad guy" ship. I personally hope for a corsair ship. It would be awesome. I am really on the look out for a warg attack set. I hope we get some non brick built wargs. There is a lack of "evil" mounts and the new black ringwraith horses are nice but but to few. Also I would bet Lego to donuts that there will be a Witch-king of Angmar on his fel "thingy" (I cant remember its name)against Éowyn. That set would make me a happy boy. Its an easy set for TLG to build.

I really do not understand why people keep saying this. It is UNTRUE. default_hmpfbad.gif

Anyway, I am hoping for three huge trolls more than anything.

I really do not understand why people keep saying this. It is UNTRUE. default_hmpfbad.gif

Well, I live in Montreal, Canada, and I visited MANY small mom&pop toy stores, and they ALL have told me the SAME thing: they are reluctant to store LOTR sets because of the lackluster sales of POTC (and Prince of Persia). Their words, not mine.

They also all said: "Maybe when The Hobbit comes out."