Sign in to follow this  
Darth Nihilus

Future LotR and Hobbit sets

Orcs were/are tan (dark tan too), brown (many different tints - dark orange should work for LEGO orcs too), red (or well, reddish, so like sand red),

grey (both light and dark), green (various tints, so olive green and sand green should both work) and some were even sand blue.

I seriously hope TLG considers the huge differences orcs have - The Orc Forge was just a start, but I hope we'll have different orcs in next waves.

Perhaps one of the current ones in a set here and there, but we need lots of variation on the orcs. That would make them fantastic.

Regarding the dwarves: I really hope we'll see all 13 in the first wave, but if not,

I think they'd try to have 6/7 dwarves in wave 1 for The Hobbit, and 7/6 dwarves in wave 2. (Assuming that winter sets belong to The Hobbit, and summer sets to LOTR.)

I also hope that Gollum (in a possible 'Gollum's Cave' set) will have a new expression instead of a re-use of the first version.

Does anyone know when we should start expecting news on the sets for The Hobbit?

~ General Magma

My guess would be August/September when we hear news about the new wave. Really hoping for a good Bag End set and a great Revendell set. :moar:

Edited by Jack Bricker

On the subject of Beorn, Bilbo and all the Dwarves can walk between his legs. So, I would hope (and expect) Beorn to be similar in size to the cave troll, maybe a little smaller.

all this suggestions are awesome

i cant imagin if they do battlepacks

that will be an awesome way to build dig armys

one idea i have is the bilbo house

with bilbo frodo and gandalf

or another

as an extention of helmdeep the scene where there are elfs

fihting inside the uruk hai before they distroy the wall

and it also could be grat a set of osgiliath that will be an awesome set

Having just finished watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy (great, awesome, EPIC movies :thumbup: ), I got a lot of ideas in mind. Note that I try to make my set ideas as plausible and most likely how LEGO would make it as possible:

The Fellowship of the Ring

Nazgûl Chase

Similar price to 9469 ($12.99)

Minifigures: Sam (Traveling), Nazgûl

Animals: Nazgûl's horse

Includes small raft, gate and dock, and some scenery (pice of rock and some shrubbery).

Gandalf vs. The Balrog

Similar price to 9471 ($29.99).

Minifigs: Gandalf the Grey, Moria Orc (2x).

Includes the Bridge of Khazad-dum, several pillars, the Balrog ( :wub_drool: )and the ledge at the end of the bridge.

The Prancing Pony Inn

Similar price to 9472 ($59.99)

Minifigures: Aragorn (Ranger), Frodo (Traveling), Innkeeper, Pippin (Traveling), Nazgûl (2x).

Animals: Nazgûl's horses (2x)

Includes the Prancing Pony (London Escape style, but with a bedroom and a floor), the door into Bree, and the building that Aragorn took the Hobbits into save them from the Ringwraiths.

Rivendell

Price of $99.99

Minifigures: Elrond, Arwen, Elves (2x), Frodo (Rivendell), Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo Baggins (old), Legolas Greenleaf (Rivendell), Aragorn (Traveling), Galadriel.

Animals: Arwen's horse, Aragorn's horse.

Includes several buildings from Rivendell:

1st building: Room where Frodo is healed, and the room where the sword of Isildur is stored.

2nd building: Bridge that connects to first, the hall where some converstion from the movie takes place, and the balcony where Bilbo and Frodo reunite.

3rd building: Waterfall the connects 2nd and 3rd building, a stable for Arwen's horse and Aragron's horse, and the location of the Council of Elrond.

The Battle of Mordor

Similar price to 9474 plus $19.99 ($149.99)

Miniigures: Sauron (Woody-sized body), Elrond (Last Alliance), Isildur, Gondor Soldier (2x), Elf Soldier (2x), Mordor Orc (3x), Olog-hai Troll (2x - in full armor and weaponry).

Animals: Isildur's and Elrond's horses.

Includes the slopes of Mount Doom, the Black Gate, and Sauron's Tower of Barad-dûr (with the Eye of Sauron).

The Two Towers

The Dead Marshes

Similar price to 9471 ($29.99)

Minifigures: Frodo (Traveling), Sam (Traveling), Gollum (nervous face), Nazgûl, dead man, dead elf.

Animals: Molded Fell-Beast.

Includes Dead Marshes with shrubbery (one of two of them burning), rocks, water (with dead bodies underneath, some dead bodies are stickers or printed pieces), the tree/big shrub where they hide from the Nazgûl, and a transparent stand for the Fell-Beast.

Warg Ambush

Similar price to 9469 ($12.99).

Minfigures: Orc Rider (2x), Aragorn, King Theodén.

Animals: Warg (2x) and Theodén's horse.

Includes a bit of scenery to represent the landscape where the people of Rohan were ambushed.

Treebeard Encounter

Similar price to 9470 ($19.99)

Minfigures: Merry, Pippin, Uruk-hai (2x).

Includes a bit of forest scenery, and a brick-built Treebeard with a rock for him to fling.

Battle of Osiligath

Similar price to 9473 ($79.99)

Minfigures: Frodo (Traveling), Sam (Traveling), Faramir, Gondor Soldier (2x), Mordor Orc (2x), Nazgûl, Uruk-hai (2x).

Animals: Fell-Beast (with transparent stand), and Faramir's horse.

Includes the ruins of Osiligath and a ballista.

Edoras

Similar price to 9473 ($79.99)

Minfigures: Gandalf the White, Grima Wormtongue, Eowyn (court), Aragorn, Rohan Soldier (2x), King Theodén (two-sided head: one normal, one cursed).

Animals: Rohan horse (2x), Gandalf's horse.

Includes the Golden Hall, a stable for the horses, a well, and another building (armory?).

Battle of Isengard

Price: $149.99 (store exclusive - set is from FOTR and TTT)

Minifigures: Saruman, Gandalf the Grey, Merry, Pippin, Mordor Orc (3x), Uruk-hai (3x).

Animals: Gandalf's horse and a Giant Eagle.

Includes The Tower of Orthanc (7 stories) with Saruman's chambers, the balcony, and the room with the palantir, several of Saruman's war machines, and 3 Ents, all different.

The Return of the King

The Ring's Destruction

Similar price to 9469 ($12.99)

Minfigures: Frodo (Traveling), Gollum (sneaky face).

Includes scenery that represents the Crack of Doom.

Orc Siege Tower

Similar price to 9471 ($29.99).

Minifigures: Mordor Orc (2x), Uruk-hai (2x), Gondor Soldier (2x), Ulog-hai Troll.

Includes an Orc siege tower, and part of the wall of Minas Tirith with a catapult.

Downfall of the Witch-King

Similar price to 9470 ($19.99).

Minifigures: Eowyn (battle), the Witch-King of Angmar ( :wub_drool: ), Merry (battle), King Theodén.

Animals: King Theodén's horse and the Witch-King's Fell-Beast (with a transparent stand).

Includes scenery to represent Pelennor Fields, and a part of the wall of Minas Tirith.

The Battle of Pelennor Fields

Similar price to 9474 ($129.99)

Minfigs: Haradrim Archers (2x), Mumak Drivers (2x), Mordor Orcs (3x), Uruk-hai (3x), Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Gondor Soldier (3x), Rohirrim (3x), Ulog-hai (2x), Nazgûl.

Animals: Fell-Beast (with transparent stand), Mumakil (2x), Horses for the Rohirrim (3x).

Includes the main gate and part of the wall surrounding Minas Tirith, an Orc battering ram, and scenery to represent Pelennor Fields.

Minas Tirith

Price: $199.99

Minfigures: Faramir, Aragorn, Denethor, Gandalf the White, Pippin, Gondor Soldier (2x), Uruk-hai (2x), Mordor Orcs (2x), Ulog-hai Trolls (2x).

Animals: Gandalf's horse.

Includes the citadel of Minas Tirith, with the throne room, crematory parlor, dining hall, the White Tree, several towers with assorted rooms, an armory, and several civilian buildings, along with the wall and gate surrounding Minas Tirith.

I might add a few more ideas later on.

Edited by Mr_Malfoy

Bag End - It has to come out, it's the home of the main character in the Hobbit Bilbo and then also Frodo's Home in Lord of the Rings! maybe with a couple of dwarves, Gandalf and Bilbo

Roast Mutton - The three trolls would make an awesome set, however I think having 3 trolls in one set is unlikely, however this scene is iconic in the book so will be in the film too!

Barrels out of Bond - again another iconic scene, could see potential for a small set with maybe 2 dwarves and barrels and a small section of river

I think all of these sets will be part of the Hobbit wave this December. I also think that Barrels out of Bond will be where we get Tauriel, the Mirkwood warrior elf.

On top of these sets I believe that we will get a Rivendell set in the Helm's Deep size and cost. I think that we will have a good chance to get Galadriel and Saruman as part of the White Council. We could also see Elladan, Elrohir, Elrond's twin sons in that set as well.

The Battle of Pelennor Fields

Similar price to 9474 ($129.99)

Minfigs: Haradrim Archers (2x), Mumak Drivers (2x), Mordor Orcs (3x), Uruk-hai (3x), Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Gondor Soldier (3x), Rohirrim (3x), Ulog-hai (2x), Nazgûl.

Animals: Fell-Beast (with transparent stand), Mumakil (2x), Horses for the Rohirrim (3x).

Includes the main gate and part of the wall surrounding Minas Tirith, an Orc battering ram, and scenery to represent Pelennor Fields.

Minas Tirith

Price: $199.99

Minfigures: Faramir, Aragorn, Denethor, Gandalf the White, Pippin, Gondor Soldier (2x), Uruk-hai (2x), Mordor Orcs (2x), Ulog-hai Trolls (2x).

Animals: Gandalf's horse.

Includes the citadel of Minas Tirith, with the throne room, crematory parlor, dining hall, the White Tree, several towers with assorted rooms, an armory, and several civilian buildings, along with the wall and gate surrounding Minas Tirith.

This is almost exactly how I think Lego will approach the problem of creating a Minas Tirith set which is substantial enough in size to please the fans without being too expensive. That being said, I think the The Battle of Pelennor Fields will be more like the size and cost of the Mines of Moria set. Which means the set will consist of a portion of the wall with the great gates of Minas Tirith and one Mumkil. And the set of Minas Tirith set itself will be more in the $120 range and will have one exterior wall and the tower.

I expect to see Minas Tirith in the next summer wave as the flagship set.

:wall: Seriously? Wow. It's like not reading the Harry Potter books because you don't want the movies to be spoilt.

Anyway, concerning the Hobbit (See what I did there? :grin: ) sets, if we get another similar sized wave, I main hope that I have is that the Helms Deep-sized set is the forest of Mirkwood (Complete with Thranduil's throne room, Dungeon area, and barrel escaping action!), with the Uruh-hai Army-set being a Mirkwood Spider set, allowing compatibility between the two. Of course, it all depends where the Hobbit: Part 1 ends.

I see! I agree, this would be awesome. But it may or may not be in the movies though...... :hmpf_bad:

i dont think it would happen but an original battle on mt doom set would be very cool. It would have a mt doom with an entrance in a side to get to the center where elrond tries to get islidur to throw in the ring. Were the black gates around at this time? if so, those could be another part. The minifigures could be lord elrond, islidur, sauron, orcs, elves, men, maybe islidur's father. I know its not really in the same "time" as the Lord of the Rings story but it is a major part of the story.

I'm really enjoying this Lord of the Rings series and can't wait to see what they come up with in the second wave this winter and other waves later. What sets do you want to see and what minifigs? Here is my list (tell me what you think):

Buckleberry Ferry ($20)- Frodo, Sam, Merry, Nazgul

Prancing Pony ($60)- Frodo, Pippin, Aragorn, Barliman Butterbur, Nazgul (x2)

Orthanc Fight ($10)- Gandalf, Saruman

Rivendell ($50)- Frodo, Bilbo, Elrond, Legolas, Boromir, Aragorn

Bridge of Khazad-Dum ($50)- Gandalf, Balrog, Gimli, Frodo, Pippin

Amon Hen ($40)- Boromir, Aragorn, Merry, Pippin, Lurtz, Uruk-Hai (x2)

Edoras ($70)- Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Theoden, Eowyn, Grima

Warg Attack ($15)- Aragorn, Gimli, Warg Riders (x2)

Dead Marsh ($20)- Frodo, Sam, Gollum, Nazgul

Black Gate of Mordor ($50)- Frodo, Sam, Gollum, Mordor Orc (x2), Troll

Osgiliath Invaded ($80)- Faramir, Ranger of Ithilien, Gondorian Soldier (x2), Mordor Orc (x3), Nazgul

Siege of Minas Tirith ($120)- Gandalf, Pippin, Denethor, Gondorian Soldier (x2), Gothmog, Mordor Orc (x3), Troll

Mount Doom ($40)- Frodo, Sam, Gollum

I really enjoy Gondor so I think there should be several sets featuring Gondor.

Siege of Minas Tirith ($130)- Gandalf, Denethor, Gondorian Soldier (x3), Gothmog, Mordor Orc (x2), Troll

Contains a section of Minas Tirith with awall, several buildings, and the citadel with the white tree. The forces of Mordor have Grond, the battering ram, and a catapult.

Mordor Army ($30)- Gondorian Soldier (x2), Mordor Orc (x3), Troll

Add-on to the Minas Tirith. Contains a wall section of Minas Tirith and a siege tower for the orcs.

Osgiliath Invaded ($80)- Faramir, Ranger of Ithilien, Gondorian Soldier (x2), Mordor Orc (x3), Nazgul

Contains the vast ruins of Osgiliath. The Gondorian forces have a horse. The Mordor Orcs have a row boat and a flying Nazgul rider.

Rangers of Ithilien ($50)- Frodo, Sam, Gollum, Faramir, Ranger of Ithilien (x2), Haradrim (x2)

The Haradrim have a Mumakil and several different weapons. Includes some campsite materials for Frodo and Farmir's company and some old ruins of Gondor and some other features.

Collectibel Minifigure Series 8: "Armies of Middle-earth 1" :devil:

Rohan

1. Guard battalion

2. Rohan rider

Gondor

3. 2.Age; Last Alliance

4. 3.Age; War of the Ring

5. 3.Age; Guard of the Fountain Court

6. 3.Age; Ranger of Ithilien

Elves

7. Noldor-elf soldier (2.Age; Last Alliance)

8. Lothlorien-elf soldier (3.Age; Battle of Helm's Deep)

9. Lothlorien-elf (3.Age; Lothlorien guard)

Orcs

10. Isengard wargrider, characteristics: dark brown leather suit, hauberk

11. Morgul orc, characteristics: dark blue skin, muscular

12. Morannon orc, characteristics: complete suit of armour, dark grey skin

Another bad guys

13. Corsair of Umbar, characteristics: dirty seamen

14. Easterling

15. Haradrim

16. Oathbreaker (soldier from the Army of the dead)

Edited by Elander

I would love to see a Warg attack! with some really well built and playable wrags or if the gods smile and muse descends from the heavens a non brick built warg made to match with the new horses. OMG! I would "squee!!!" like a school girl. Battle will be had!!!

Also a orc commander type would be cool like Gothmog.

I needs me more orcesiz I do.

I'd really love a hobbit set called "the party", with Bilbo, gandalf, Thorin, and at least some of the other dwarves. It'd be a good start for the hobbit sets AND get us a bag end model ^^not to mention all those minifigs (I know not all 13 dwarfs would be in it, but at least SOME.could be). I figure they'll probably space out the dwarves the way they've spaced out the fellowship. A couple at bag end, a few trapped by spiders, a few in the elves' jail, and a couple at Beorn's house

Edited by Onlera

As much as I absolutely love LOTR (the book, the movies, AND now the Lego sets as well), and look forward for more sets for the LOTR line, I unfortunately am not really excited about Lego The Hobbit sets because a majority of the characters will probably have stumpy legs. :sceptic:

I think that now is the time for Lego to redesign their short legs to at least give them SOME articulation.

As much as I absolutely love LOTR (the book, the movies, AND now the Lego sets as well), and look forward for more sets for the LOTR line, I unfortunately am not really excited about Lego The Hobbit sets because a majority of the characters will probably have stumpy legs. :sceptic:

I think that now is the time for Lego to redesign their short legs to at least give them SOME articulation.

I think the short legs would look bad if they were articulated, they could do a new high as seen here, but they might look too tall for the dwarves.

leg_height.jpg

Where are those legs from? That would look good for dwarves I think. It kind of upsets me when I have Frodo or one of the other hobbits next to Gimli and they are the same height. I also don't think he would look too tall next to elves or men. Also, on a side note, what is that Easterling design in your signature? It looks really cool, and I would live to see it as an official fig.

Where are those legs from? That would look good for dwarves I think. It kind of upsets me when I have Frodo or one of the other hobbits next to Gimli and they are the same height. I also don't think he would look too tall next to elves or men. Also, on a side note, what is that Easterling design in your signature? It looks really cool, and I would live to see it as an official fig.

But Gimli's beard and helmet give him the extra height needed to differentiate, don't they?

what is that Easterling design in your signature? It looks really cool, and I would live to see it as an official fig.

Its my design, I really hope they do easterlings aswell. The fact that they only have one featured scene leads me to believe they won't. So I made my own for now(digital only). But they are actualy part of the battle on Pelenor and they are seen in the siege of Minas Tirith.

Another interesting part is alot of the Haradrim wear random Easterling armor pieces in the movie.

But Gimli's beard and helmet give him the extra height needed to differentiate, don't they?

The hobbit hair is pretty thick aswell though, so they end up rather similar similar.

I for one am just excited to see more of these LOTR sets! :thumbup: I am really hoping for a set with the Witch King down the road!

Edited by Iron-Man

I think the short legs would look bad if they were articulated, they could do a new high as seen here, but they might look too tall for the dwarves.

leg_height.jpg

You mean the purple legs, right?

What do they look like below? Do they have 1 1/2 studs so they can sit down?

Are they custom made? If so, who made them? Link?

Edited by SheepEater

You mean the purple legs, right?

What do they look like below? Do they have 1 1/2 studs so they can sit down?

Are they custom made? If so, who made them? Link?

Link

They are custom.

Link

They are custom.

Do you know if they are sold by websites like Brickforge?

Do you know if they are sold by websites like Brickforge?

I know nothing about it, I just found it on google image search.