Sign in to follow this  
Darth Nihilus

Future LotR and Hobbit sets

There have been a lot of people in the LoTR discussion putting ideas in, so the ideas might as well have their own thread. Put all your future LoTR set ideas here. NOT in the LoTR Discussion topic.

Some sort of Gandalf vs Balrog set most definitely. It was one of the more impressive scenes from the movie.

I also expect to see a Saruman figure, possibly with an Isengard set (maybe with ents vs goblins).

Some peaceful Shire and/or Lothlórien scene (maybe as exclusive).

More Elves! I expect at least Arwen and Elrond to make it into minifigures eventually.

I hope for a lot of battle packs (as it seems 2011/2012 is the year of SW battle packs) to increase army size easily.

Here are some suggestions:

Moria Goblin Battle pack

4 Moria Goblins, 2 with bows and 2 with swords (in both hands)

As a piece of scenery: a pilar of Moria's mine

Helm's Deep defender Battle pack

1 Elven archer, 2 Gondorian soldiers with shield and sword, 1 Rohan Rider on a horse

As a piece of scenery: a piece of wall

Helm's Deep attack Battle pack

4 Uruk-Hai, 2 with spears and 2 with swords

As a piece of scenery: a ladder and a ram

I could also imagine some exclusive sets and Large sets that everyone wishes for:

Gandalf vs the Balrog

Bilbo vs Smaug

Treebeard with Merry and Pippin

Isengard, Gandalf vs Saruman

Eowyn vs Witchking on a Fellbeast

Rivendel, incl. Elrond, Arwen and Galadriel

Etc. Etc.

More idea's to come later :cry_happy: let the battle begin

Edited by narbilu

Lothlorien would be really cool. Some trees like the forbidden forest set in the Harry Potter line which was released this year and then some elven warriors and stuff. But they probably won't do that :hmpf:

I would like to see Edoras,Black gate and Balrog vs Gandalf sets...I think that they would be very cool.

Edited by nindja10

As I mentioned here I would love an Edoras set, more specifically the Golden Hall, which by itself is already unlikely enough without the palisade. Basically, anything with a lot of Rohirrim. Forth Eorlingas! I also echo the call for Lothorien, though more as a source of great parts. :blush:

Honestly, I'd like a small set that is Smeagol and his buddy fishing, when they first find the ring.

A non-Gollum'd Smeagol is a minifig that I think is important to get, but easily overlooked.

I'll second the Caras Galadon (Lothlorien's tree city).

Also, anyone besides me want to see a Grond set (possibly to go with a section of wall from Minas Tirith, not unlike the 6059 Knights' Stronghold set)?

My ideas:

- White Tree. Impuls set with tree and two Gondor guard knights in exlusive type of armor and helmet.

- Bag End. Bilbo house with Bilbo, Gandalf and Thorin minifigs.

- Rohirrim's camp. 2-3 minifigs with horses, tents etc.

- Grond. Huge battering ram which destroyed Minas Tirith gate with troll, orcs and Witch-King(in this scene he appears only in book) minifigs.

- Ithilien ambush. Few Haradrims ambushed in the woods by Faramir and his companions.

- Mordor siege tower. Nothing to add :)

- Bree. It would be similar to Medieval Market Village.

- Orthank. Saruman's tower which would include Saruman minifig plus some orcs.

- Black Gate. Big set with gate and two towers on both sides, one troll, few orcs and few Easterlings entering Mordor.

- Minas Tirith. In my opinion its theme for one huge set similar in size to Death Star set ;).

Also, anyone besides me want to see a Grond set (possibly to go with a section of wall from Minas Tirith, not unlike the 6059 Knights' Stronghold set)?

I think its great idea but i would like to see it without any additions which would make the price higher. I think Grond plus decent minifigs is enough.

Edited by wjtk

A sige tower with a troll, orcs and Minas tirith soldier with a catapult.

Mumakil with haradrim archers, Eowyn, Merry and a horse.

A set similar to "uruk-hai army" only with Easterlings, these guys look awesome!

Witch king with fell beast , Sauron,s attack , Balrog vs Gandalf ,Minas Morgol.,

Collectibel Minifigures Series 7: "The Lord of the Rings - Characters"

1. Rosie Cotton

2. Hamfast Gamgee

3. Fredegar Bolger

4. Tom Bombadil

5. Prince Théodred

6. Glorfindel

7. King Elendil, first King of Arnor and Gondor

8. King Isildur, the elder son of Elendil

9. King Gil-galad, last High King of the Noldor

10.King Durin, King of Khazad-dûm

11.Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth

12.Sméagol, later better known as the dark creature Gollum

13.Barliman Butterbur, owner of the Inn known as The Prancing Pony

14.Celebrimbor, greatest craftsman of Middle-earth, forger of the Rings of Power

15.very old Bilbo Baggins with walking stick

16.aaaaand the Witchking of Angmar with Morgul blade in white shiny demon style :tongue:

Collectibel Minifigures Series 8: "The Lord of the Rings - Armies"

1. Rohan soldier

2. Gondor soldier (3.Age)

3. Gondor soldier, Ranger of Ithilien

4. Gondor soldier (Last Alliance of Elves and Men)

5. Noldor-elf soldier (Last Alliance of Elves and Men)

6. Lothlorien-elf soldier

7. Hobbit warrior (Battle of Bywater)

8. Dwarf warrior of Durin's folk

9. Corsair of Umbar

10.Dúnedain, Ranger of the North

11.Mordor orc

12.Moria goblin

13.Uruk-hai

14.Easterling

15.Haradrim

16. aaaaand a Oathbreaker, a white/green shiny soldier from the Army of the dead :sweet:

Collectibel Minifigures Series 7: "The Lord of the Rings - Characters"

1. Rosie Cotton

2. Hamfast Gamgee

3. Fredegar Bolger

4. Tom Bombadil

5. Prince Théodred

6. Glorfindel

7. King Elendil, first King of Arnor and Gondor

8. King Isildur, the elder son of Elendil

9. King Gil-galad, last High King of the Noldor

10.King Durin, King of Khazad-dûm

11.Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth

12.Sméagol, later better known as the dark creature Gollum

13.Barliman Butterbur, owner of the Inn known as The Prancing Pony

14.Celebrimbor, greatest craftsman of Middle-earth, forger of the Rings of Power

15.very old Bilbo Baggins with walking stick

16.aaaaand the Witchking of Angmar with Morgul blade in white shiny demon style :tongue:

Collectibel Minifigures Series 8: "The Lord of the Rings - Armies"

1. Rohan soldier

2. Gondor soldier (3.Age)

3. Gondor soldier, Ranger of Ithilien

4. Gondor soldier (Last Alliance of Elves and Men)

5. Noldor-elf soldier (Last Alliance of Elves and Men)

6. Lothlorien-elf soldier

7. Hobbit warrior (Battle of Bywater)

8. Dwarf warrior of Durin's folk

9. Corsair of Umbar

10.Dúnedain, Ranger of the North

11.Mordor orc

12.Moria goblin

13.Uruk-hai

14.Easterling

15.Haradrim

16. aaaaand a Oathbreaker, a white/green shiny soldier from the Army of the dead :sweet:

Oh my god I'd melt (and then proceed to spend my money on getting all of these) if this were made true. :wub:

Here's my idea's for a full wave. I've tried to centre it around RotK, as the first wave was mostly FotR/TT, and I know not of what will be included in the 'Hobbit', and 'There and Back Again'. Please excuse any LotR spelling mistakes! :blush:

1) Destroying the Ring

Similar price to 9469. Includes Frodo, Golum, the Ring, and the scenery is the that

inside the volcano.

2) Meeting Treebeard

Similar to 9470. Contains a brick-build Treebeard, Merry, Pippin and a small tree.

3) Haradrim ambush

Similar price to 9471. Includes 'Mumakil' (could use Elephant mould from the Johnny Thunder sets), 3 Haradrim archers, One Mumakil 'driver', Rider of Rohan and a horse, and one orc.

4) Halls of Gondor

Similar price to 9272. Includes Denethor, Faramir, Gandalf the White, 2 Gondor guards. Scenery could be the throne of Gondor, the White tree, the cremation parlour, the beacon, etc.

5) Last Alliance

Similar price to 9473. Elrond, Gil-Galad, Isildur, Elendil, Sauron (might need Woody-size legs), 3 orcs. Scenery could be the slopes of Mt. Doom.

6) Pelennor Fields

Similar price to 9474. Includes Theoden, Gamling, Eowyn, Merry, Gothmog, 3 Orcs, the Witchking (and Fell Beast), and a part of the wall of Minas Tirith. Could be combined with 3 and 4 for a large battle!

Edited by Professor Flitwick

Been thinking about making a topic like this, but it looks like it isn't needed anymore.

So here follows my gigantic list, which will keep being updated as soon as more of my ideas are added.

Magma's List of LOTR Set Ideas

BEWARE: This list is very large.

Prologue

The Last Alliance

Minifigs: 1 Noldor elf, 1 Gondorian soldier (2nd age), Isildur, Sauron and 2 orc soldiers.

Components and scenery: Mini catapult, some rock parts, ruins, orc banner stands and a weapon rack for the Alliance.

Size: Small or Medium.

Extra information:

The size of this set is comparable to Uruk-hai Army.

There could be something else in place of the rock parts/ruins (components and scenery), but there wasn't much I could think of for this.

The Fellowship of the Ring

The Shire

Minifigs: Bilbo (old, with coat), Frodo (no coat, vest only*), Gandalf the Grey (no hat), Merry (*),

Pippin (*) and Rosie Cotton.

Components and scenery: A part of Bilbo's house, a small tent, 2 tables with food, cart with fireworks, two trees attached to each other with a line inbetween with colorful lanterns hanging, and a stage for Bilbo.

Size: Medium.

Extra information:

This set was rendered unlikely to ever happen since the unveiling of the Bag End set from The Hobbit.

Could still become a smaller set with tents replacing Bag End, or it could become a Bag End remake after several years in LOTR style.

Forest Attack

Minifigs: Frodo (dk. green cape), Merry (dk.tan / olive green cape) and 1 Nazgûl.

Components and scenery: A blue plate with a bridge built over a part of it, with the Bucklebury ferry at the end where the Hobbits can be placed. Other than that, there would be a black horse for the Nazgûl, and one or two trees. Also comes with The One Ring, and maybe just a sword or two for the Hobbits. (Although inaccurate; if it's done it would be done for playability for the kids who buy this too)

Size: Small.

Extra information:

Merry and Pippin both got olive green capes in the first two existing sets they appeared in, which was rather inaccurate,

especially for that time period during the movies. Dark tan would be more accurate here.

Saruman's Betrayal

Minifigs: Gandalf the Grey and Saruman.

Components and scenery: Palantír holder, Saruman's chair/throne and an entrance gate.

Extra information:

Could come with both Gandalf's hat and hair, or just with his hair for a wounded face as a secondary facial expression,

because if he uses his hat here as usual again they wouldn't be able to have back printing on the figure's head.

The Prancing Pony

Minifigs: Barliman Butterbur (innkeeper), Frodo (incl. hairpiece and hood, coat*), Samwise Gamgee (*), Aragorn (Strider) and 2 Nazgûl on horses.

Components and scenery: The inn itself with 2 floors: the first floor has a door leading outside with Barliman behind the counter, some tankards/cups/glasses, 1 table with chairs near a window (for Aragorn) and a staircase leading upstairs. The second floor contains a door, leading to a little room with 4 small beds and a window. Outside, there's a sign hanging from the building with 'The Prancing Pony' on it.

Extra information:

Could come with extra figures of another Nazgûl and a visitor of the inn. Perhaps some things to be placed outside like they did for the POTC inn, but the inn itself would be big enough already.

Pursuit of the Nazgûl

Minifigs: Arwen, Frodo (wounded) and 1 or 2 Nazgûl.

Components and scenery: 1 white horse for Arwen, and black horses for the Nazgûl (number depends on how many there are). Includes a few trees as well.

Size: Small

Extra information:

Could perhaps be connected to a larger Rivendell set, although doubtful, but it would make the amount of horses more reasonable in this.

Arrival in Rivendell

Minifigs: Frodo (no coat), Bilbo (old, no coat), Elrond, Boromir, (no cape), Arwen (dress) and Aragorn (Rivendell clothing).

Components and scenery: The location for the Council of Elrond, with several chairs, some sort of round block in the middle with the ring on it, walls around the place with a baloncy at the end, and a door or staircase somewhere leading away from it. As for the part of the movie where Bilbo is, there could be a loose bit with part of a balcony and a door leading into some sort of apartment. Could come with some plants, foliage and things such as trees for behind the balconies, but those are unnecessary. The set would come with Bilbo's sword, sting, for the scene where he hands it to Frodo.

Other than this there would be the building where Frodo wakes up to recover from his injuries.

Extra information:

None.

The Bridge of Khazad-Dûm

Minifigs: Gandalf the Grey (no hat + both sword and staff), 2 regular Moria orcs and 1 armored Moria orc.

Components and scenery: The Balrog of Morgoth, 2 columns (Large pillars for the orcs to climb off) and a collapsing bridge.

Extra information:

Could come with an extra Moria orc (armored) if the size is medium.

The amount of figures depends on the size, and the set size depends on the Balrog's size. I think medium would be more suitablehere,

so perhaps we could have falling staircases and such along with the things I noted earlier on for a medium set.

Lothlorien Forest

Minifigs: Frodo (no coat, no cape), Galadriel and Celeborn.

Components and scenery: A tree, the mirror Frodo looks into during the movie and a small staircase.

Extra information:

Celeborn was included to pretty much make the ring of figures complete here,

it's unlikely to see another Lothlorien set, although we might get a medium-sized one for a tree forest-type of thing.

Could also come with a rack, filled with LEGO versions of some of the gifts Galadriel gave to each of the Fellowship...

Shiny daggers and some Lothlorien capes in grey for example.

Amon-Hen Skirmish

Minifigs: Boromir (grey cape*), Aragorn (*), Pippin (*), Lurtz (armored) and 2 Uruk-hai scouts. (new helmets)

Components and scenery: Some trees, plants and foliage to resemble Amon-hen. Comes with the Seat of Seeing where Aragorn draws his sword, right before the battle begins.

Extra information:

While Merry and Pippin are already in two sets so far, it would be reasonable to have one of them here with grey capes

to resemble the Lothlorien cloaks they received from Galadriel, and to have several others of the Fellowship with the cloaks as well for a better variation. Some figures could be taken away if it's too many, though.

The Two Towers

The Dead Marshes

Minifigs: Frodo (no coat), Sam Gamgee (no coat), Gollum, 1 dead Gondorian soldier (2nd age) or Noldor elf.

Components and scenery: This set would feature the dirty water, with the dead man/elf placed under it in a way so that it looks like it's underwater, with a play feature to have Frodo fall into it - but I'm not sure how they would incorporate this into a small set, so probably just the marshes with one of the dead ones seen underwater with some plants around.

Extra information:

Gollum could have a new facial expression.

Hobbit Escape

Minifigs: Merry (grey cape), Pippin (grey cape), Grishnákh, Uglúk and 1 Rider of Rohan.

Components and scenery: Parts that make up the Uruk-hai camp near the forest, the border to Fangorn with several trees, with some more trees, plants and foilage behind it,

and also Treebeard. His arms and legs can move independently and he can stand on the baseplate for the ability to stomp onto Grishnakh, like in the movie. So Fangorn Forest is built up on a baseplate with some trees, the border (created with trees), and the camp components stand loosely on small, dark tan plates. Comes with a brown horse for the Rider of Rohan as well.

Extra information:

Could come with an additional figure of Snaga, the orc.

(Could work as an exclusive set)

The Golden Hall

Minifigs: King Théoden (clothes, maybe 2 hairpieces, 1 blond and 1 white, with a reversible head: 'normal' and 'cursed'), Grima Wormtongue,

1 Royal Guard (with helmet), Éowyn (dress), Gamling, Legolas (grey cape) and Gandalf the White.

Components and scenery: The hall itself, placed upon a baseplate with gates at the end (and some space outside for a part of the stairs, with 2 flags), with pillars, a throne and probably walls. Would be like Weathertop where you can open the thing.

Perhaps with a removable roof if needed o wanted.

Extra information:

None.

Warg Attack

Minifigs: Aragorn, Rider of Rohan, Sharku and 1 Warg Rider.

Components and scenery: 2 horses - 1 brown (Brego) and the other (dark) tan or white, and 2 Wargs. (New molds like the city bears)

Extra information:

If it's not too much, a figure of Háma could be added.

Uruk-hai Battering Ram

Minifigs: 2 Lothlorien elves, Uruk-hai Commander and 1 Uruk-hai (armored).

Components and scenery: The Uruk-hai battering ram with swords and shields for both Uruk-hai.

Extra information:

The regular Uruk-hai could be replaced by an Uruk-hai berserker, since so far only one Uruk berserker was included in one large set, while there have been large amounts of regular Uruk-hai in multiple sets, and there were far more Uruk-hai berserkers present during The Battle of Helm's Deep than just one.

If an Uruk berserker would be included, there would still be two Uruk-hai shields included in the set.

If the set were to be a bit bigger with more components (I wouldn't really know what), there could be one standard Uruk-hai

to still have at least one of those if the Berserker is there.

Last March of the Ents

Minifigs: Merry, Pippin and 1 orc soldier.

Components and scenery: A scaffold with a play feature to make it collapse, and a brick-built Treebeard that is fully pose-able and can stand up on one leg on a plate to stamp onto an orc, for example.

Extra information:

Could come with another ent as well, of a smaller size. Then it would be a medium-sized set.

The Return of the King

The Tower of Orthanc

Minifigs: Gandalf the White, Legolas (grey cape), Gimli (grey cape), Saruman and Grima Wormtongue.

Components and scenery: The Tower of Orthanc, a bit scaled down and not minifig-scale (that would just be too big) with place for Saruman and Grima on top, the pointy warmachine near a blue baseplate (resembling water), Gandalf's white horse Shadowfax.

There's also the palantir, which could be one of those small globe pieces in printed form.

Size: Medium or Large.

Extra information:

None.

Minas Morgul

Minifigs: Frodo (no coat), Samwise Gamgee (no coat), Gollum and 3 orc soldiers.

Components and scenery: Minas Morgul itself with the two statues in front of the bridge, with a part of the 'winding stairs'.

Extra information:

2 orc soldiers look the same, the other is different from the rest. Hopefully TLG will have many different versions of orc soldiers,

rather than having just one or even a few of the same orcs running around, especially since the ones during Minas Tirith are

Morannon Orcs, different from Mordor Orcs in most cases. (More heavily armored, etc. - body size doesn't matter for minifigs)

The Battle of Minas Tirith

Minifigs: Denethor, Gandalf the White, Pippin (Gondorian outfit), 4 Gondorian soldiers, 4 orc soldiers, Gothmog (orc lt.), Guritz (orc lt.), and 1 armored troll.

Components and scenery: A non-minifig scaled version of Minas Tirith, with all that is needed to represent Minas Tirith and the battle surrounding it. You can expand your forces with some of the other sets. The top includes an open space to add the

White Tree of Gondor, for which you need the 'The White Tree' set. Parts of the walls can be pulled down for destruction by siege towers.

Size: Very Large.

Extra information:

None.

The White Tree

Minifigs: 1 Gondorian soldier, 1 Gondorian Tower Guard (new helmet mold with wings and a black cape) and 1 orc soldier.

Components and scenery: The White Tree of Gondor on plates, and 1 or 2 barrels with spears and bows.

Extra information:

Needed to complete Minas Tirith with The White Tree (created in an appropriate size).

Siege Tower

Minifigs: Faramir (Gondorian armor), 2 orc soldiers, 2 Gondorian archers and 1 troll. (2 trolls would be better but very unlikely)

Components and scenery: The orc siege tower as seen in the film, used to attack Minas Tirith - it was pushed towards the walls of Minas Tirith by trolls.

Extra information:

None.

The Battle of Osgiliath

Minifigs: Faramir (ranger outfit), 1 Gondorian soldier, 1 Ranger of Ithilien and 2 orc soldiers.

Components and scenery: Blue baseplate to resemble water, attached to another plate standing a bit higher above the water, 1 boat for the orcs.

Other than that there are some ruins, and there could be any kind of ruined building, really.

Extra information:

Could be a bit bigger with more figures, but this should work too otherwise.

This set is based on the location where Faramir attacked the boarding orcs from behind the wall.

Attack of the Witch-king

Minifigs: Éowyn (Rohirrim outfit), Merry (Rohirrim outfit), King Théoden (wounded) and the Witch-king of Angmar.

Components and scenery: A brick-built Fell beast for the Witch-king, and 1 white horse for Théoden.

Extra information:

This wouldn't be everything for The Battle of the Pelennor Fields sets, this is just the part in which the Witch-king plays his largest role. (Size could be small or medium)

Battle of Pelennor Fields

Minifigs: Legolas (cape), 1 Rider of Rohan, Shane Rangi (Haradrim leader) and 2 Haradrim archers.

Components and scenery: One large, molded Mumak (also known as Oliphaunt) with the Haradrim archers mounted on them, and a horse of any color for the Rider of Rohan. (Preferably a new color, rather than brown)

Extra information:

Could be in-between small and medium, and serve as a larger kind of 'battlepack' to recreate the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. (Although it only has 3 generic minifigs)

Paths of the Dead

Minifigs: Aragorn (ranger clothes, cape), Gimli (cape), Legolas (cape), 2 Dead Men of Dunharrow, The King of the Dead, 1 Corsair captain and 1 Corsair spearman.

Components and scenery: One of the Corsair ships of Umbar with sails and Paths of the Dead cave entrance with some skulls.

Extra information:

None.

Rescue in Cirith Ungol

Minifigs: Frodo (bare-chested), Samwise Gamgee (no coat), Gorbag (orc), Shagrat (Uruk-hai), 1 Uruk-hai scout and 1 Mordor orc.

Components and scenery: The tower of Cirith Ungol (perhaps modular, or at least with a way to see the inside sections)

with perhaps a bridge (or path) of some sorts at the front. Would have a large staircase inside, with some play features to re-enact the orc fights. It would lead all the way to the top where Frodo was captured,

before Gorbag tried to kill him. Comes with Sting (Frodo's elven sword, worn by Sam in this set) and The One Ring.

Extra information:

None.

The Orc March

Minifigs: Frodo (orc armor), Samwise Gamgee (orc armor), orc linebreaker, orc inspector and 1 orc soldier.

Components and scenery: Bits of a camp with some rocks, torches and a bit of a rocky wall from when the Hobbits slide down.

Extra information:

Would be an exclusive set, like the Orc Forge.

The Black Gate

Minifigs: Aragorn (Gondorian outfit), Éomer, Mouth of Sauron, 2 orc soldiers, 1 Rohirrim soldier, 1 Gondorian soldier and an armored troll.

Components and scenery: The Black Gate itself in a pretty large scale, Brego (Aragorn's horse), Mouth of Sauron's black horse and maybe some scenery to add to it.

Size: Large.

Extra information:

None.

Mount Doom

Minifigs: Frodo (no coat, 'wounded' look), Samwise Gamgee (no coat, 'wounded' look) and Gollum.

Components and scenery: Plates to form lava with the 'bridge' leading towards the end, with some rocks and an entrance outside.

Extra information:

None.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Bag End

Minifigs: Bilbo (young, no coat), Gandalf the Grey, Dwalin, Balin, Bofur and Bombur.

Components and scenery: Bilbo's house, with the outside, some parts of the interior, including the room with the large table. It could have several chairs,

but since there are only 3 out of all 13 dwarves in this set, they could just stamp a sign saying "Collect all 13 dwarves!" on the front of the box, somewhere. Don't think they'd do that anyways though, and just put the dwarves around different sets anyways.

Extra information:

None.

Gollum's Cave

Minifigs: Bilbo (young, with coat) and Gollum.

Components and scenery: Some rocks on a baseplate, placed onto a blue baseplate to resemble water, with a small boat and several other details.

Extra information:

Could come with The One Ring - depends on whether it appears in the scene in the movie or not.

Roast Mutton

Minifigs: Bilbo (young), the 3 trolls, Gandalf the Grey and Thorin Oakenshield.

Components and scenery: A campfire with some trees, maybe a large rock for Gandalf and a few sacks.

Extra information:

Maybe another extra dwarf, anyone other than Thorin Oakenshield, but that's unlikely with the expensive 3 trolls already being there.

Forest Escape

Minifigs: Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo (young), Kili, Fili and 2 Moria orcs.

Components and scenery: A few pine trees (with fire pieces you can add onto them), 2 Wargs and one of the Great Eagles.

Extra information:

Could come with another orc as well, either that or Bilbo could be replaced by one - he'd be in so many sets already.

Beorn's House

Minifigs: Beorn (human form), Beorn (bear form), Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo (young) and Nori.

Components and scenery: Beorn's house, some ponies, a bit of Beorn's garden and some accessories for the minifigs.

Extra information:

None.

Spider Attack

Minifigs: Bilbo (young and with different clothing), Bifur and Gloin(wrapped up in spider webs).

Components and scenery: A tree to have the dwarves hanging from it and 2 spiders. (Or 1, depending on the size in the movie)

Extra information:

There could be any amount of dwarves in here, as long as there are about 2 of them.

Mirkwood Capture

Minifigs: King Thranduil, Legolas, Tauriel, 1 wood elf, Galion the Butler, Bilbo (young), Dori and Ori.

Components and scenery: The Great Gates of the King (the way they are named in the book), the cave with some holding cells for the dwarves, some kind of a river around a building with the opening to the cellars with several large barrels, big enough to fit a dwarf in, with a trapdoor leading to another kind of river. (Would have a play feature to drop the barrels down there through the trapdoor) Some extra accessories would be a few keys held by the butler, those were the keys that Bilbo had to steal to free the dwarves from their cells.

Extra information:

None.

The Battle of Dol Guldur

Minifigs: The Necromancer, Gandalf the Grey, Saruman the White, Galadriel, Elrond, Radagast the Brown and 2 Nazgûl.

Components and scenery: The fortress of Dol Guldur itself, with several other components.

Extra information:

Note that nothing of this part of the movie has been seen yet. This is mostly a wild guess at things that would be featured during the battle, paired with some facts. The White Council would go here to fend off the Necromancer (who turned out to be Sauron),

but it is unknown if any type of soldier is featured in the movie during the battle other than just the White Council, Sauron and the Nazgûl.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

This was my gigantic list of set ideas... for now. :tongue:

This list will keep getting updated as soon as more ideas are added, so keep looking back on page 2 of the topic if you wish to see more ideas of mine.

I really do hope that LEGO finds my list and uses some of the ideas.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Here's my idea's for a full wave. Please excuse any LotR spelling mistakes! :blush:

1) Galadrial's Font.

Similar price to 9469. Includes Galadrial, Frodo, font/mirror thingy (with flipping device to change from sticker of water to Sauron's eye), and some small foliage.

That was my idea... :laugh:

I'll repost mine when I get a chance...or when I find them. :grin:

The Golden Hall $10

King Theoden (Dual-sided head, one possessed, one normal), Grima Wormtongue. Throne, weapons rack, collapsing dining table.

Dead Marshes $20 - 25

Frodo, Gollum, Dead Man, Dead Elf. A circular pond sort of thing with a function with hinges to put a fig down into the water or move a fig in the water out of it, depending on who's attached.

Morgul Vale $40 - 50

Gollum, Sam, Witchking (with armor, from RotK), Nazgul, Fellbeast, Nazgul steed. 2 towers flanking a gate, a mix of light bley and trans light blue, with a light blue LED function facing upward.

Rivendell $70 - 80

Frodo (in Rivendell tunic), Gandalf the Gray, Elrond, Arwen, Bilbo, Aragorn (Rivendell clothing). Elrond's hall (the place where Frodo awakens, basically), bridge, pavilion sort of area, blacksmith (where Narsil was reforged). All are in a modular format.

A sige tower with a troll, orcs and Minas tirith soldier with a catapult.

Mumakil with haradrim archers, Eowyn, Merry and a horse.

A set similar to "uruk-hai army" only with Easterlings, these guys look awesome!

The Mumakil with haradrim archers would be great. I would buy this set more as 1x time. :grin: But I don't need 3x Eowyns or Merrys. I do prefer for this set 2x usually Rohan riders. Were just Eowyn and Merry in that set -than I think, I would to buy this set just 1x time. :hmpf:

Eowyn and Merry (both in soldier outfit) could go into this Witchking set, were Eowyn and Merry fight against the Witchking. :thumbup:

I will not repeat was has already been mentioned, but I do like a lot of the ideas so far.

Surprised that no one has mentioned a set with all the undead in it. Could include Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, and some ghostly knights in a cave.

I would also like to see a set dense in vegetation. Could be an elf place, treebeard set, or random traveling in the forest set. I just want more greenery!

A mog rider (or whatever they are called that attack people traveling to helms deep) set could be good.

A snowy set of the fellowship trying to cross the mountain.

Eagle versus dragon.

Some nazgul being taken out by a wave of water horses when trying to cross the river.

I would love a set based off of Parth Galen and The Departure of Boromir.

Amon Hen

Minifigs: Aragorn (FOTR), Boromir, Lurtz, Uruk scout.

The seeing seat of with some ruins and maybe a tree. $25-$35.

Here's my idea's for a full wave. Please excuse any LotR spelling mistakes! :blush:

1) Galadrial's Font.

Similar price to 9469. Includes Galadrial, Frodo, font/mirror thingy (with flipping device to change from sticker of water to Sauron's eye), and some small foliage.

2) Meeting Treebeard

Similar to 9470. Contains a brick-build Treebeard, Merry, Pippin and a small tree.

3) Haradrim ambush

Similar price to 9471. Includes 'Mumakil' (could use Elephant mould from the Johnny Thunder sets), 3 Haradrim archers, One Mumakil 'driver', Rider of Rohan and a horse, and one orc.

4) Halls of Gondor

Similar price to 9272. Includes Denethor, Faramir, Gandalf the White, 2 Gondor guards. Scenery could be the throne of Gondor, the White tree, the cremation parlour, the beacon, etc.

5) Last Alliance

Similar price to 9473. Elrond, Gil-Galad, Isildur, Elendil, Sauron (might need Woody-size legs), 3 orcs. Scenery could either be the slopes of Mt. Doom, and might include that

inside the volcano.

6) Pelennor Fields

Similar price to 9474. Includes Theoden, Gamling, Eowyn, Merry, Gothmog, 3 Orcs, the Witchking (and Fell Beast), and a part of the wall of Minas Tirith. Could be combined with 3 and 4 for a large battle!

Yes, that's a good set list. :sweet:

All I want are three sets which probably are going to get made:

Oliphant Attacks- with the largest megafigure Lego has ever made.

Henneth Annûn with the Rangers of Ithilien and Captain Faramir. Oh, yeah baby!

And the most obvious one is Minas Tirith. Sure to be the crown jewel of this line.

There are some good ideas in this thread, so I won't post all of the ideas I had, just a few small ones:

- a "Siege of Minas Tirith" small army builder set, similar to the 9471 addition to Helm's Deep.

With: a piece of wall with Gondor archer, Gondor spearman, 2 orcs, and a troll with a catapult (play feature! :grin:)

(hopefully TLG will still produce battlepacks alongside these small army-building sets)

- Mount Doom: small vignette of a ledge over some lava, with Frodo, Sam and Gollum (and maybe a great eagle)

- a Lorien tree with a flet/talan, 2-3 Lorien elves, 2-3 Moria goblins (who would be pursuing the fellowship - a scene from the books, not the movies, though could be a nice army-builder and Lorien expander)

Alternatively, it could have more elves and any member of the fellowship who won't appear as often in other sets, or only in big sets.

- a "Lighting of the beacon" set with a small tower structure, 1-2 Gondor guards, Pippin, and probably Gandalf the White

(it could also include the leprechaun pot in black, for the oil used to light the beacon)

- a mumak (either brick built or the elephant mold with some bricks added - I prefer molded animals, but the mumak would probably be too big for that)

with: 2 riders of Rohan, an elephant driver, 1-2 Haradrim archers

I have tried to keep the minifig count as low as realistic (= low) as possible. I have also contcentrated on generic figs, as I would prefer more of those for army building, rather than the main characters.

I wonder whether TLG wil do Orthanc, and how they will solve the scale issue vis a vis minifigs and Ents. It would be possible to make an OK-looking Orthanc with regard to minifigs, but even Treebeard, who should be at least 3x taller than minifigs, had to look up to Saruman on his balcony. And the balcony was still in the lower part of Orthanc...

BTW, my post count is eleventy-one today!

That was my idea... :laugh:

Really? Sorry, I thought I was being clever when the idea popped into my head when I was writing that. :blush:

I'll edit in a different set. :wink::thumbup:

Yes, that's a good set list. :sweet:

Thank you! :classic::thumbup: