CopMike

Review: 21102 Minecraft Micro World

Excellent review! I like the looks of this set, but I'm not to into the price. But seeing the set now it does seem reasonable.

That would be a GREAT LEGO set. :sweet:

Well, good thing it is a LEGO set. :wink:

Excellent review, CopMike! Very thorough. I like seeing the bags parts spread out and key parts of the build. What's with the 1x1 red on some modules and the 1x2 with cheese slopes on others? Is it supposed to represent lava and water or something? The pieces get covered up anyways...

Not sure what it is, but this set really intrigues me. Available at the stores yet or just online?

Available at Lego stores in the uk at least since yesterday (1st June)

Excellent review, extremely thorough and detailed. :thumbup:

CopMike, how about reviewing some Castle sets? :tongue:

As for the actual set... I fail to see any form for appeal what-so-ever and suspect that it will mostly cater to fans of Minecraft. In fact, I won't hesitate to label it as the worst LEGO set I have ever seen. But to each his own.

Nice review! I think I find the box design far more exciting than the actual set. Decent parts set though...

I really like the box the best. The set itself is cool but priced pretty high.

I'm giving this build Extra points for keeping my 7-year-old daughter quiet for a few hours :) she's a big minecraft fan so even though it's a fiddly build, she is enjoying it

Edited by mrklaw

Thank you for this very fine review which you have done here. :sweet:

Although I am not a Minecraft fan, but the way your review illustrates simply tempts me to get it just for 'parts-pack'.

Nice review, thanks. UK gets the short end of the stick with pricing for some reason. $35/€35 isn't unusual, but £35? It'll actually be cheaper to imprt from Europe for once. Lower prices would have encouraged people to buy more than one, and build their own worlds like the game does. But the high price makes that difficult to justify.

You mention about the overhanging 1x2 plates - I think they'd be fine in a normal build. R2D2 has pieces just slid in, not connected at all.

The Monster Fighters 9468 has "books" (several 1x2 plates stacked and a 1x2 tile) just slid into a shelf.

- Michael

What shade of blue are the tiles in this set? I'mnlooking to buy some extras for a MOC

£35 / 480 parts = 7.3p per part. The PAB price of a 1x1 tile is 6p, and the bricklink price about 4p.

By comparison the Medieval market village price per piece = £72 / 1602 = 4.5p and this includes many useful pieces: doors, windows, arches etc.

Conclusion: The UK price of £35 for this set is way too high. Should be £25 tops. Thanks for the nice review though.

£35 / 480 parts = 7.3p per part. The PAB price of a 1x1 tile is 6p, and the bricklink price about 4p.

By comparison the Medieval market village price per piece = £72 / 1602 = 4.5p and this includes many useful pieces: doors, windows, arches etc.

Conclusion: The UK price of £35 for this set is way too high. Should be £25 tops. Thanks for the nice review though.

On the contrary, the average piece per piece for a licensed product is around 10p, for example in LOTR, Super Heroes, Star Wars etc. Seeing as Minecraft is also licensed, this is a bargain in comparison. :classic:

I think this is a great set. I'll most likely buy one for display, and maybe another for the parts.

I think it is a great design and a nice display piece. When I first heard of Minecraft lego, I was really hoping for minifigures or miniland.

This is cool too, but anyways great review. :classic:

I was really skeptical about LEGO doing a Minecraft set, but having recently started playing the game myself I actually have to say I think this is a pretty genius set. I can't imagine there'll ever be another CUUSOO project so suitable as this was. It really does capture look and feel of the game, and they managed to do it without it being extremely bloated as far as pieces and price goes. Yes, it could've been a bit cheaper since it only uses basic pieces, but it's still a very affordable collectible for fans of the game.

Also, I saw some photos in Grogall's Brickshelf gallery of several of these Minecraft sets put together and customized. Hadn't seen that before and it looks really fantastic. Makes me want to buy a whole bunch of them, though I think I'll just settle for one.

Actually, I checked that today with the CUUSOO team and it´s to be able to moc the set. They are not used in the build following the instructions but will come in handy when you put your own touch to the set :sweet: .

Aha, I came specifically to check what was going on with those dark grey tiles (and had also wondered whether they should have gone on the stone blocks on top of the second section) so that's answered that question, cool :)

Where is my pick axe. Need to get these diamonds.

Nice review. I was wondering if it might be fun... And from your writting I would guess: yes it is