LegoJalex

MOC: Recycling station

indexed.gif B-V-19E

This recycling station can be found around where I live in Sweden. Comments and critics are welcomed! :)

7217925924_256a00119d_z.jpg

7217925768_d99397a17f_z.jpg

7217926098_2e869913e8_z.jpg

Looking good! The photography is done very well, and so is the build! The mnfig struggling with all the cardboard is a great addition, and the containers are excellent as well. I would suggest changing the couple of the second container to differentiate it from the first, though.

Well done! The minifig struggling with his cardboard is a nice touch :thumbup:

Excellent presentation as well :classic:

That's a nice MOC. I like the way you presented the minifig as actively recycling. I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems recycling cardboard and paper. :blush:

Very nice! Keep on MOCcing! The scenes are very lifelike indeed! Sweden and Holland are not that different when it comes to (personal) recycling apparently.

Excellent MOC 'LegoJalex', a more detailed version than the one we get in the recycling truck set....that poor guy looks like he's been henpecked by his wife or girl friend there ! :laugh:

Great job on the small stickers too, which medium do you use ? (I use glossy photo sticker paper)

Brick On Recycle On 'LegoJalex' ! :classic:

I really like this - it looks very realistic. And the presentation is great, with just the right amount of life to emphasise the details. You should build a version of this on a 16x32 plate and make it compatible with the modular buildings - that way you could enter it into Category 2 of the Modular Madness competition :)

Love the presentation! :laugh: The one thing I'd change is the light blue to green to match the sticker/bin. Neat little build, nonetheless.

This is an excellent little moc. Very colorful and cute. I love the design of the recycling bins. :classic:

The cardboard reminds me of myself bringing a stack of pizza boxes to the dumpster after a large party.

They always fall over. :laugh:

Nice work. I always like it when builders take their time to make a scene 'come alive' like this.

You should build a version of this on a 16x32 plate and make it compatible with the modular buildings - that way you could enter it into Category 2 of the Modular Madness competition :)

Agreed. I think it could make a nice entry in our competition.

Thanks for all the comments! :D

I really like this - it looks very realistic. And the presentation is great, with just the right amount of life to emphasise the details. You should build a version of this on a 16x32 plate and make it compatible with the modular buildings - that way you could enter it into Category 2 of the Modular Madness competition :)

I haven´t seen that competition until now. Sounds very interesting!

Excellent MOC 'LegoJalex', a more detailed version than the one we get in the recycling truck set....that poor guy looks like he's been henpecked by his wife or girl friend there ! :laugh:

Great job on the small stickers too, which medium do you use ? (I use glossy photo sticker paper)

Brick On Recycle On 'LegoJalex' ! :classic:

For the stickers I use some kind of etiquettes with matte finish, that I print out from the computer. I'm still a novice, so I guess there are better paper qualities. It sounds better to use a glossy paper.

Edited by LegoJalex

oh this is very cool. I really do like it I really like the way you used figs to demonstrate proper recycling protocol.

Nice work

Charlie

Edited by chuckie8646

Really neat idea!

I am just back from a 2 week European Trip, which has given me a ton of ideas for MODs and what not, and these are all over most of Holland!

I love how you went that step further, and added wheelchair access. Clearly your Lego Town is trying to meet the European Disability Laws! :laugh:

I'm a conformist!

Thanks alot for the comments! :sweet:

This MOC is now part of a larger recycling station which I'm soon going to post here!

I just realised that I was the one that suggested that you build a bigger version to enter into the competition!

I'm proud to have seen the incredible potential in your creation :D

EDIT: I know I bumped an older topic, but I thought it would be interesting for other people to see what predated the great contest entry, too.

Edited by L@go

EDIT: I know I bumped an older topic, but I thought it would be interesting for other people to see what predated the great contest entry, too.

This bump is way better than a simple one-line comment.

Maybe we could post a pic-link to the Modular Madness Entry for a comparison. :grin:

7560967762_9a83755a0a_n.jpg

Very nice little MOC. I love the progression of people coming through. What do they do with all the wheelchair people after you drop them off to be recycled? *huh*

Thanks for the comments!

I just realised that I was the one that suggested that you build a bigger version to enter into the competition!

I'm proud to have seen the incredible potential in your creation :D

Yes definitely (I actually thought of mentioning it before), I'm really greatful for giving me the idea to build a bigger version, and that you saw potential in it! :)

Edited by LegoJalex