Sign in to follow this  
purpleparadox

Beginning The Journey

Continued from Meet at the cottage.

I threw the last of the helmets onto the cart and turned to face Reina. She had crafted and painted it to look like rock, so we'd camouflage with the mountains on the way to Nocturnus. We'd be supplying Avalonians and Noctuurnians fighting the Drow with weapons, armour, and food. She gave me a quick, reassuring smile and I swear my heart skipped a beat. This girl was amazing.

IMG_4030.jpg?t=1338431953

IMG_4038.jpg?t=1338432996

"You've been planning this, and working on it, too long and hard," Reina said, "Your face is unshaven, growing a beard!"

IMG_4036.jpg?t=1338432911

"Perhaps I'll shave if I make it back." I joked. More seriously, I said, "It's going to be dangerous. These are troubling times."

My brother Nathan and I were going to ride to the border of Nocturnus, supply the armies that opposed the Drow, and ride back. We knew we might have to make more than one journey, supplies were always needed. Nathan had already mounted his horse, and donned his black hood to hide his face.

IMG_4031.jpg?t=1338432459

"Bring me with you." Reina said. "We're best friends, why can't I accompany you?"

"I already told you it's dangerous." I replied. "I couldn't stand it if you were hurt."

The horses were getting impatient. I turned to look at them, then back at Reina. She looked about ready to burst into tears.

IMG_4039.jpg?t=1338432853

"I don't know how you haven't noticed." I said.

"Notice what?" Reina was always curious.

"All these years, you were my best friend. But now..."

"Now I'm not?" Now tears were flowing down her face.

"No! Now, you're more. Now, Reina, I love you." I pulled her close and kissed her, then turned and mounted my steed. I nodded at Nathan, then pulled my hood over my head.

IMG_4045.jpg?t=1338433032

We were ready to ride.

IMG_4046.jpg?t=1338433077

Still to be continued...the next few chapters will get interesting!

I think this is my favorite MOC from you yet. The cart works pretty well, but your landscaping is much better here :thumbup:

I think this is my favorite MOC from you yet. The cart works pretty well, but your landscaping is much better here :thumbup:

Thanks soccerkid6! I'm really trying to improve my building skills, hopefully someday I'll be good. I always look forward to your comments! Yeah, a bit of landscaping can go a long way. It made the scene that much better, I think.

Nice story and simple build to go with it! Keep up the good work!

Thanks. I'll be continuing the story, hopefully with more detailed MOCs.