Aragorn8713

Which Lego LOTR Character is your favorite?

Which Lego LOTR Character is your favorite?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Character?

• Aragorn
    • Boromir
    • Gandalf
    • Legolas
    • Gimli
    • Frodo
    • Samwise
    • Merry
    • Pippin
    • Gollum
    • King Theoden
    • Eomer
    • Haldir
    • Lurtz
    • Rohan Solider
    • Uruk-hai(Normal)
    • Uruk-hai berserker
    • Nazgul
    • Mordor Orc
    • Cave Troll
    • Shelob
    • Moria Orc

What an awesome thread! :-D

I had to go for Mordor Orc, as it was quite challenging to design one, first of all cause the variety of Mordor Orcs in the movies is quite big, they don't have an official uniform and it was quite hard to pick one, base design on it and make it as a generic character. I made many versions of it and in the end I ended up merging few and keeping it simple! ;-) This character was also a "last minute" decision so I was quite happy that I managed to throw it in!:-)

There's also a new video uploaded on the LEGO web telling a bit about design process when making minifigures, go and check it out ;-)

http://thelordoftherings.lego.com/en-us/Videos/Default.aspx

Regards!

For me it was either Gandalf or Aragorn, but I went for Gandalf in the end.

Mmmm. Well there's lots of great characters in lego LOTR, but I think legolas looks great especially with the ears. :sweet:

I had to go for Mordor Orc, as it was quite challenging to design one, first of all cause the variety of Mordor Orcs in the movies is quite big, they don't have an official uniform and it was quite hard to pick one, base design on it and make it as a generic character. I made many versions of it and in the end I ended up merging few and keeping it simple! ;-) This character was also a "last minute" decision so I was quite happy that I managed to throw it in!:-)

There's also a new video uploaded on the LEGO web telling a bit about design process when making minifigures, go and check it out ;-)

Regards!

Hey, great job on the designs, Djordje! I have a question, though. I really like the “White Hand” shields. Why did they only include them with one set (The Orc Forge)? Also, it would have been nice (or would be nice in the future) to see equally iconic shields for other nations. For example:

Rohan - a white Horse Head on a green field

Gondor - a White Tree on a blue field

Mordor - a Red Eye on a black field

They could use normal LEGO shield mold, IMO. Not everything has to be specially designed. Just my personal opinion!

Rohan - a white Horse Head on a green field

Gondor - a White Tree on a blue field

Mordor - a Red Eye on a black field

They could use normal LEGO shield mold, IMO. Not everything has to be specially designed. Just my personal opinion!

The emblem of Gondor is the White Tree on a black field, to be exact (and the Rohan emblem in the books is a whole white horse on a green field, in the movies it's not that unified though). :wink: Gondorians in the movies tended to have more or less rectangular shield, so the shield from the CMF Roman Soldier would be good. And rohirrim will undoubtedly use the round shield Éomer already has in Uruk-hai Attack set, but one decorated with the white horse would certainly be nice. I don't recall that many red eyes of Sauron in the shields of his forces in the movies, but I might be mistaken?

Well, given that LEGO LOTR is all about reinterpreting the source material through the medium of LEGO, I personally would be happy with a little less “realism” and a little more of the traditions and conventions of LEGO Castle. So if Mordor is a “faction,” then traditionally they would have its symbol (the lidless eye) on their shield. So that’s on my wish-list. But I also haven’t really seen RotK, so take it with a grain of salt.

Gimli is the best in my opinion. I mean just look at that printed helmet, and the body print is amazing, even if it gets covered up by his awesome beard.

Regards!

Whoah, is that you, Djordje?

Very cool to see you post here. I feel like I have a million questions to ask you about the process, and every one of them is escaping me at the moment. :laugh:

The new LOTR minifigs are generally regarded as some of, if not THE, best ever. So nice work there, sir. Can't wait to see what is next for this line.

I voted for Eddard Stark....

So... Boromir?

Also, it is cool that the designer who made these figs has commented here! Djordje, you did a fantastic job with these figures! Probably the best ever produced by LEGO.

I do have one question: was it difficult to design the Gollum figure, since he isn't a classic LEGO minifig? I would imagine it would have been an interesting process deciding what sort of position to have the new mold in, so as to capture the character the best.

I found it rather hard to choose a favorite, but I seem to like the Théoden figure best. The printing on the entire figure overall looks very good,

although I like the Uruk-hai figures a lot as well... and the entire Fellowship... well, okay, all figures of the theme - but my vote goes to Théoden.

Regards!

Like Fives said, it's cool to see the designer of the figures post here - first off, my compliments, the LOTR figures are by far the best figures of any theme ever released in my opinion, and I can't wait to see all of the LOTR/The Hobbit figs we're getting in the future. Fantastic work there.

Other than that, I'd like to know - if you are allowed to answer this kind of stuff - do you have any plans to create more different versions of the Mordor orcs, even if the current ones were chosen as generic figures? It would be great to have more than one kind of Mordor orc figure - for the Battle of Minas Tirith, for example, where they were more heavily armed, etc. - would be nice to have varying soldiers around.

But on top of my wish list for LOTR figures would be the Witch-king of Angmar. Really hoping that there are plans for a figure of him.

Edited by General Magma

this is really a tough question, since i think they are all well made, espacially the fellowship (allthough legolas looks a bit weired to me). the printing on the uruk-hais and the hobbits are marvelous, but i finally chose gandalf. he looks exactly as i imagined when reading the books. i just love his beard and grey hat...

Edited by kenzaburo

I hope they will make a new minifig for Gandalf the White.

I hope they will make a new minifig for Gandalf the White.

I'm sure they will. We still haven't seen two of the main evils yet, Sauramon and Sauron, in any form so I am sure they are also due soon.

I really just hope come next wave it's not all Hobbit inspired sets. I would love to get another LotR wave before we get a Hobbit one, or at the very least have the wave be mixed and give us a couple sets from each. I'm totally drooling in anticipation for a Warg Rider set, a Gondor-themed set, a Balrog, and some proper army builder packs.