Skrall fears that he will never find stability or satisfaction. As the years go by, he realizes that while he'll be remembered as a hero who stopped Wren, freed Xu, slay dragons, and potentially saved Baltarok, he still longs for a connection outside of the mercenary group, he longs for completion. He has a family who he abandoned and for all of his travels has never felt like he belonged anywhere outside of the hall.

Boris, fears that he truly has been abandoned by Ennoc. That deep down, all those years that he served faithfully, all of his beliefs, all of his hopes, will have been for naught and that the one whom he served will/has rejected him.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

I like this idea, Flipz. I'd love to see you expand on your reasons for Arthur. Does it play into Miirym's fears as well? I would guess it would as well.

For Kiray, I think there are two fears: failing/losing Diana in someway. Be it from Wolfgang turning on one/both of them, a quest going wrong, just angering her somehow. The other would be not being able to prove herself to other Heroes. She's a battle-tested warrior now that has connections in the criminal underworld, in Dastan, somewhat in Spesialia, as well as a few enemies in various places. But failing to either lead or cause a death to a Hero would probably sit heavy on her soul/psyche. Did you have any thoughts on her?

What are peoples' thoughts on their characters? I'd say Alexandre and Leoufwein have the same fear: being mistaken for the other!:laugh:

In response to you, Flipz, this is what I say:

For Addok-Zo, his greatest fear is not succeeding at a task or quest.  Now, he has the mindset of an ambitious Mercenary and they like to get this job done.  Considering most of his life revolved around that type of work before joining Heroica, that mentality is ingrained into his head.  He genuinely does not fear ant man or creature.  In his opinion, there should be no fears in this line of work.  So far, he views being a Hero no different than being a Mercenary - getting paid to complete a job.

For Vindsval in a nutshell, Looking at himself and finding that he has become the beast he has fought against for so long.

Keliim´s first and biggest fear is that he will never find peace in his current state of life but his former master will rule again over his life. The master and past life he is fleeing from.

Second fear is that he is just imaging everything what actually happened in his past life, only thing that is real is what has happened for the past 3 years and that he was a solider in Azazot reign. And all the past memories are just twisted and a sick joke made up by his former masters, to torture him.

I think Dyric fears apathy - both in himself and in Heroica. I think his fear is losing vigilance and giving in to the chaos around him. There may be more there - it's been a bit since I've gotten deep into Dyric's head - but that's definitely the one that stands out to me the most.

Karie ultimately fears letting down her daughter. She knows her job puts herself on the line, and she would do anything to ensure her daughter didn't grow up in a similar environment she did. Karie ultimately would do anything to secure her daughter's well being, which is something that drove Karie during 147: she wasn't going to have Immortalis cut down her daughter for the sins of others. If something did happen to Rachelle... I seriously don't know what Karie would do. I've portrayed angry Karie before, but that sort of an incident would push her over the edge.

Annienal is terrified of a lot of things, the undead, graveyards, the dark, large groups, but she's ultimately terrified of what others think of her. For all of her book worminess, she really appreciates the few people who cling around her, and she's worried that once they find out she wants to turn herself into a dragon they'll dismiss her as a maniac, even though for her it's more about wanting to be able to explore the world and not be the meek creature she believes she is. Annienal believes that by turning into a dragon she'll be able to confront her crippling fear of just about everything.

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I just read this now and I always like joining a late party. :classic:

Heckz' biggest fear is growing old. This fear is just a sum of all his current fears, which would be his beauty fading away, becoming irrelevant, wasting his life as a mercenary and ultimately dying. I like to roleplay that the reason I never update Heckz' age is because he himself doesn't want to face the fact that each year his youth fades away.

This actually makes me think that I should implement this subject more into Heckz' current story.

Also late to the party but here it goes.  Ezerans biggest fear is to loose control of the demonic part of him and that his past will harm the people around him.  

Matthias mostly fears that it's all for nothing - that no matter how much good Heroica does, no matter what they change in the world, the world will still just be the world.

Failure, Throlar fears failing more than anything else, letting others down and, more importantly, failing to live up to his own impossibly high standards. This is exacerbated by the fact that he considers his entire life to be one long string of failures.

Pretzel's greatest fear is probably that a demon will take over his mind. :look:

1 hour ago, StickFig said:

Matthias mostly fears that it's all for nothing - that no matter how much good Heroica does, no matter what they change in the world, the world will still just be the world.

I think that might be one of "Germ's" fears that nothing will every change. That or he will be stuck on "Olegaia" for a very long time. (I kinda think, he really doesn't think of this sort of stuff.) 

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

Pretzel's greatest fear is probably that a demon will take over his mind. :look:

:grin: I think you're joking, but I do wish that this was actually played up a bit more - I'd totally forgotten it happened, whereas I think it'd really affect someone, especially someone like Pretzel who is so sort of stubborn and sure of himself.

I think it has, but maybe it's more my internal thinking for Pretzel than what is actually expressed in my writing...unfortunately. It's been a real blow to him, psychologically, and he is certainly aware of how painfully his actions affected his party.

I think this is the right place to ask this. I am replaying "The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker"(it has been a while since I played it). And one of the races is "Rito". Now is this where the "Heroica Rito" originated from? 

9 hours ago, samuraiturtle said:

I think this is the right place to ask this. I am replaying "The Legend of Zelda: the Wind Waker"(it has been a while since I played it). And one of the races is "Rito". Now is this where the "Heroica Rito" originated from? 

Yep. Best game ever. Though you'll notice a few subtle differences I never tried to hide the connection.