Sign in to follow this  
M<0><0<DSWIM

Clone Trooper (Mega-MOOD Scale)

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

So, I've been wanting to work in a larger scale for a while. At this point, I've built various mecha and things at this size, but I wanted to do what I do with my Moodland figs, only bigger. I wanted to go the route of the 12 inch SW figs from way back when (which have since been reincarnated).

cc.jpg

Obviously, I'm all about capturing as much detail and accuracy as possible in my builds, and this larger scale allows me to do that.

clone.jpg

This guy is exactly 11 inches tall. As with all my builds, I wasn't able to capture every detail COMPLETELY, but I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

clone3.jpg

I do plan on continuing this scale/theme and will do so with some OT characters next. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for future figures. :classic:

This pic is for Mr Man and anyone else interested in the size of this fig compared to a minifig.

clone2.jpg

Here's my Clone Commander color variant! Rather than just slapping on some yellow tiles, I actually updated some designs, including: extending the torso up by one brick thickness and making some changes to the "face" of the helmet like making the visor bigger and streamlining the "mouth". Let me know what you think!

commander.jpg

You just continue to wow us with your figs(of all sizes)! This one, is no different. The articulation you get out of the figs you build is great. I love the poses you photographed. Another job well done.

A great new scale for MOODswim! I love the shaping of the mask. The big Clones I've tried have never had their mask look so good. Great job!

I would easily buy that if it were a Lego set. Now I'm picturing this figure in red as a Shocktrooper.

That head is absolutely bloody fantastic, making it that good from angular bricks is great. I think this scale is better than your normal one :tongue: though. Oh Phase I troopers normally carry a DC-15 not a DC-15a, especialy the AOTC ones :wink:.

Great work on this guy MOOD! I like the fingers, face, gun, and all of it, nice details! He looks like he’d be pretty sturdy with those ball joints; probably something kids could play with? The little insignia on the stand is a nice touch. Just Fantastic! :wub:

That's really dope man. Good job. I'd like to see a stormtrooper if possible. I LOVE STORMTROOPERS haha

Thanks. A Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper is definately on my list. :classic:

1st picture = Han Solo pose :tongue:

Great work Moodswim!

HA! Thanks! :laugh: I was totally going for that pose when I took the pic.

This is brilliant! I like the posability of it too. What part did you use for the ball socket/joint bit?

Thanks! The jointa are actually from old Exo-Force sets. You can find them on Bricklink listed as "technic bricks".

That head is absolutely bloody fantastic, making it that good from angular bricks is great. I think this scale is better than your normal one :tongue: though. Oh Phase I troopers normally carry a DC-15 not a DC-15a, especialy the AOTC ones :wink:.

Thanks! I thought about giving him a DC-15, but thought it would take up too much room in the photos. When I build color variations of this guy, one or more of them will have the bigger rifle. :wink:

Great work on this guy MOOD! I like the fingers, face, gun, and all of it, nice details! He looks like he’d be pretty sturdy with those ball joints; probably something kids could play with? The little insignia on the stand is a nice touch. Just Fantastic! :wub:

Thanks, man! As with all my builds, I tried to imagine this as a real set when building it. It is sturdy enough that older kids could play with it without knocking off TOO many pieces. :classic:

I would easily buy that if it were a Lego set. Now I'm picturing this figure in red as a Shocktrooper.

I would love to see figs like this or my Moodland scale figs as sets. *sigh* Maybe some day. As far as a shocktrooper, I do plan on building some color variants of this guy, so stay tuned. :wink:

I would love to see figs like this or my Moodland scale figs as sets. *sigh* Maybe some day. As far as a shocktrooper, I do plan on building some color variants of this guy, so stay tuned. :wink:

I could totally see these, or your MOOD scale be sets. Look at the Technic sets of old, these are worlds better. Then the Ultra Builds of the Superheroes line. It would be cool to see these, especially if they're of your design and creation. Petition time! :tongue:

I could totally see these, or your MOOD scale be sets. Look at the Technic sets of old, these are worlds better. Then the Ultra Builds of the Superheroes line. It would be cool to see these, especially if they're of your design and creation. Petition time! :tongue:

HAHA! I've actually been thinking about posting some of my ideas to cusoo or whatever it's called. :classic:

Cool cool cool. Does the head come off easily? It may be neat to make it replaceable with a clone trooper head. Just a thought but great job.

This is a very nice creation M<0><0<DSWIM. :classic:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks, and thanks for the blog! :classic:

Cool cool cool. Does the head come off easily? It may be neat to make it replaceable with a clone trooper head. Just a thought but great job.

Thanks. The head is easily removable and that's a pretty good idea. May have to try that. :wink:

We NEED this on Cuusoo.

And I'd love to see you make a stormie! This is awesome!

Thanks! I think I will post some of my ideas on Cuusoo at some point. Oh, and a stormie will be along soon. :wink:

Thanks! I think I will post some of my ideas on Cuusoo at some point. Oh, and a stormie will be along soon. :wink:

cant wait bro. really looking forward to seeing it