Sign in to follow this  
Loco de Lego

ideas for new town sub themes.

I think lego should come up with a builting sub theme that would have aparment builitings and stores and

shuch and also military sub theme. *wub*

I would love to see some of the following:

1. Sea Port Theme - we may be getting this, and Lego has had it in the past - but we need a large Seaport (as in $100+ set) with a large cargo ship, service roads, crane to load things, and a semi and some workers. We would also need a standalone Cargo Ship (think of how Lego recently reintroduced the Airport Line - We have the Airport w/ Airliner, and than we have the standalone Airliner). Other small sets could be a small service ship, a Semi with Containers and maybe an ADDON Port Set, with an office and more things to load.

2. Oil Rig Theme - kind of a mix between Construction and my aforemention Sea Port Theme. A big massive Offcoast Oil Rig as the centerpiece of the set with all sorts of... Oil Rig... goodness. (I know almost nothing about Oil Rigs so forgive me). We could also have the large Oil Tanker, and other support sets - A passenger Helicopter with businessmen on it would a cool 'feeder' set.

3. Public Transit - A smaller theme with a Bus Station on a Road baseplate (w/ Bus obviously), a good Taxi Set(I think the Spiderman 2 theme touched on this), A Ferry (this would be very cool), maybe a double decker bus.

4. Cruise Night - a theme with cool System style cars that could include tuners, old suped up Muscle Cars, hot rods, and as the centerpiece, a large garage to fix all of them. There could maybe be a Diner set to where it is assumed all the cars meet up. I'd say it would include The Large Garage, The Diner (which would come with 2 cars), and than a few seperate cars. Maybe a police chase set (a police car/racer)

5. Technology Business - a theme with modern office buildings (this doesnt mean they have to be tall, they just have to be modern looking), and other small business buildings full of neat computers and white collared workers. Probably the most boring theme for kids (not me though... as a kid I would have loved Lego office buildings X-D ) but would be cool for the interesting interior designs and 'glass' pieces we would get. There could be cool little details like fountains in lobbys and other decorative features, as well as interesting computer and office designs. It would definately be a set all about the little details.

6. Equestrian - Remember all the olden days of town when they seemed fascinated with horses? There was at least a few stables and large ranch houses and stuff like that. I know this is not an exciting theme and I definately can't see Lego bringing it back in a large way, but It would be cool. We would get lots of cool house pieces, and Lego could make some cool greenery in the fields.

Themes 1 - 4 I could see Lego doing. The last 2, although looking really cool and being something I would like, are obviously unexciting(w0000! rich people riding horses on a ranch (without armor and swords and nobility LOL... or white collared people working in cubicles! ohhhh the excitement!) and most kids would not enjoy this, and thus Lego wouldn't consider doing.

Just some ideas! I want to hear(read?) some more!

Some civilian set:

- A house, like 4886, but with minifigs and interior details!

- One or more cars for normal people, maybe a small car and a bigger car with trailer or roulotte

- Shops, post office, buildings of everyday life...

My dream?

A "City Creator set", i.e. an old style Basic set with pieces to build an house and a car and two minifigs (male and female).

Here are some building that I listed before which I wish were available.

A hydro electrical power plant with a dam.

A drinks/cigarette dispensing machine

A dump/recycling plant/incinerator for rubbish

Factories with large chimneys

A water treatment plant

A school/university

A proper football stadium with terraces (buy terraces in sections)

An armoured car for transferring money to banks

A Bank with lots of money and some gold bullion bars

A Stock exchange with dealers

A nuclear power plant

A TV station with studios

A parliament building with politicians

A monument (e.g. a tall spire or arch)

A round-about baseplate

A motorway/freeway and bridges

A mountain/hill set

Prison

Apartment block with lifts

Housing estate with a number of identical houses

Drug smugglers, dealers, and drugs in general theme. Can see that happening :-D

Brewery

Oil Rig

An Oil refinery

Pub/bars/nightclub

Tram

Office blocks

Business, for example food factories, accountancy firms, hair dressers

A huge shopping centre with carpark, and products like milk, drinks, cereals etc

A Newspaper printing company with Lego News Papers

An automobile factory with production line

A mental home for my mates and I

I don't tink the withe collar stuff would be boring,Sting. Playmobil has a lot of "boring" sets and the people seem the pick them up at a super fast rate. Also the modern city sets also do really well , so bring on more "boring" sets. The only people who seem to pick up things like Exoforce for their kids are mariginal people (I think you call them chavs in the UK). Lego needs more "boring" themes to win back over their lost clients from playmobil.(especially girls!)

The cruise night theme sounds an awfull lot like the racers theme and they are so easly adjustable.

I would like to see real world cars in minifig scale (four wide ,only one seat) that's a challenge! Like a lada and a beetle all the classics.

I would love to see some of the following:

1. Sea Port Theme - we may be getting this, and Lego has had it in the past - but we need a large Seaport (as in $100+ set) with a large cargo ship, service roads, crane to load things, and a semi and some workers. We would also need a standalone Cargo Ship (think of how Lego recently reintroduced the Airport Line - We have the Airport w/ Airliner, and than we have the standalone Airliner). Other small sets could be a small service ship, a Semi with Containers and maybe an ADDON Port Set, with an office and more things to load.

2. Oil Rig Theme - kind of a mix between Construction and my aforemention Sea Port Theme. A big massive Offcoast Oil Rig as the centerpiece of the set with all sorts of... Oil Rig... goodness. (I know almost nothing about Oil Rigs so forgive me). We could also have the large Oil Tanker, and other support sets - A passenger Helicopter with businessmen on it would a cool 'feeder' set.

3. Public Transit - A smaller theme with a Bus Station on a Road baseplate (w/ Bus obviously), a good Taxi Set(I think the Spiderman 2 theme touched on this), A Ferry (this would be very cool), maybe a double decker bus.

4. Cruise Night - a theme with cool System style cars that could include tuners, old suped up Muscle Cars, hot rods, and as the centerpiece, a large garage to fix all of them. There could maybe be a Diner set to where it is assumed all the cars meet up. I'd say it would include The Large Garage, The Diner (which would come with 2 cars), and than a few seperate cars. Maybe a police chase set (a police car/racer)

5. Technology Business - a theme with modern office buildings (this doesnt mean they have to be tall, they just have to be modern looking), and other small business buildings full of neat computers and white collared workers. Probably the most boring theme for kids (not me though... as a kid I would have loved Lego office buildings X-D ) but would be cool for the interesting interior designs and 'glass' pieces we would get. There could be cool little details like fountains in lobbys and other decorative features, as well as interesting computer and office designs. It would definately be a set all about the little details.

6. Equestrian - Remember all the olden days of town when they seemed fascinated with horses? There was at least a few stables and large ranch houses and stuff like that. I know this is not an exciting theme and I definately can't see Lego bringing it back in a large way, but It would be cool. We would get lots of cool house pieces, and Lego could make some cool greenery in the fields.

Themes 1 - 4 I could see Lego doing. The last 2, although looking really cool and being something I would like, are obviously unexciting(w0000! rich people riding horses on a ranch (without armor and swords and nobility LOL... or white collared people working in cubicles! ohhhh the excitement!) and most kids would not enjoy this, and thus Lego wouldn't consider doing.

Just some ideas! I want to hear(read?) some more!

I like the seaport idea and in the 2007 list it dose say that there is going to be a seaport .lets just hope its big!

I also would like the seaport subtheme to come back, it sounds like they're off to a good start with the seaport and containers sets next year.

I've been hoping the spaceport theme will come back, with the realistic launch towers and support sets, like those released in 1995 or so, not any of the newer sets. They could abandon the space shuttle this time around and make the new CEV or a Soyuz craft instead. A big mission command center would be cool too.

Lastly, I liked the unofficial subtheme that was the outback/outdoors sets. I'd like to see wilderness cabins, campers, and other sets along those lines.

I'd love to see an oil rig set but I don't think that's too likely.

I don't tink the withe collar stuff would be boring,Sting. Playmobil has a lot of "boring" sets and the people seem the pick them up at a super fast rate. Also the modern city sets also do really well , so bring on more "boring" sets. The only people who seem to pick up things like Exoforce for their kids are mariginal people (I think you call them chavs in the UK). Lego needs more "boring" themes to win back over their lost clients from playmobil.(especially girls!)

The cruise night theme sounds an awfull lot like the racers theme and they are so easly adjustable.

I would like to see real world cars in minifig scale (four wide ,only one seat) that's a challenge! Like a lada and a beetle all the classics.

i didn't know that White Collar stuff was exciting. I like the idea of it because it would look very cool in towns. I am not sure that it would sell well. Can you show me some picks of the Playmobil White-Collar business stuff?

It is like the Racers Theme. Except Minfig Scale and has some buildings too.

I also would like the seaport subtheme to come back, it sounds like they're off to a good start with the seaport and containers sets next year.

I've been hoping the spaceport theme will come back, with the realistic launch towers and support sets, like those released in 1995 or so, not any of the newer sets. They could abandon the space shuttle this time around and make the new CEV or a Soyuz craft instead. A big mission command center would be cool too.

Lastly, I liked the unofficial subtheme that was the outback/outdoors sets. I'd like to see wilderness cabins, campers, and other sets along those lines.

I'd love to see an oil rig set but I don't think that's too likely.

I like the spaceport sets but do they sell well?

I doubt we will see a new spaceport theme until at least 2013ish when the new craft takes flight.

To quote Black Adder 'one tiny modification to your plan Baldric...'

This sub-theme could be made the most exciting town sets of all... modern businesses/buildings, boring white collar workers, endless hallways, security systems, and now add spies!

Alpha team like figures set in a real town environment instead of their own area...

etc, etc...

God Bless,

Nathan

I can't believe no one suggested either a Farm or a Zoo...

Steve

Farms would be cool. Kind of like the Equestrian line I mentioned MINUS a focus on horses. We could have some cool tractors and other farm equipment.

Come to think of it, it would be a very cool theme. The only thing that would be wierd is crops... made of lego. LOL. A 32x32 baseplate with green and yellow 1x1 cylinder pieces all over it... LOL. May be a little wierd.

It would have to be old fashioned farms or just plant farms... since Modern Animal Farms are more like factories :-( .

A Zoo would be kind of boring to me, but Im sure it could be made good!

To quote Black Adder 'one tiny modification to your plan Baldric...'

This sub-theme could be made the most exciting town sets of all... modern businesses/buildings, boring white collar workers, endless hallways, security systems, and now add spies!

Alpha team like figures set in a real town environment instead of their own area...

etc, etc...

God Bless,

Nathan

This could work, but the problem is Lego would want to give the spies 'cool technology' AKA unrealistic technology AKA entire sets dedicated to the spies AKA Alpha Team.

This could work, but the problem is Lego would want to give the spies 'cool technology' AKA unrealistic technology AKA entire sets dedicated to the spies AKA Alpha Team.

:-D :-D yes, exactly, that is exactly what they'd do.

The harbor in 2007 is a cargo dock, I'd love a fishery harbor or it's equivalent in crab or lober. A line of restuarants with different cuisines would be great too, with lots of exotic acessories forming a detailed atmosphere.

An armoured car for transferring money to banks

Don't we already have a couple of these?

Zoos are cruel!

Oh yes, much crueler and currupt than drug dealers, drug vending machines (?), and nightclubs (a parliament building with politicians might be pretty nasty too :-P ). Lego won't do a brewery either.

Nice one. It's sad, but it couldn't be more true.