Sign in to follow this  
alienwar9

LDD and bricklink

Hi,

Not sure if this is in the right forum, but I'm running a little low on time and I think it is at least a little bit related. I've finished color checking and gotten the sections of my city ready in LDD for BrickWorld, and used LDD Manager to get it done while also upload the parts to bricklink (thank you so very very much for the wonder that is LDD Manager! :cry_happy:).

Unfortunately, it gets really messy once at bricklink. There are 1,965 items or lots in my wanted list, and over 50,000 pieces...and I can't seem to find an easier way to search for the best stores to purchase from (or even an easy way to organize the purchases). I've at least divided the wanted lists into 4 separate sections, based on the city sections, but they all have around 500 lots.

Is there any program or option to sort/group items into "store based" wanted lists?

Is there any way to check if stores have ALL or enough of the pieces in a lot that you need? (so say you need 300 1x1 black bricks, and the wanted list/by store tab shows stores that have 10 lots that you need, if one of those has the black bricks, can you know if they have ENOUGH?)

Is there any way to sort stores by cheapest AND with enough pieces? ...what about also with the highest matching lot count?

Is there any way to quickly find the items you need in a store, add them to your cart, and purchase?

Is there any way to sort by nearest location? (aka less shipping costs, and shorter delivery times)

OH, and is there anyone who would like to help? :grin:

I am trying to get all this ordered at least in the next couple days, and I have all day long to work on ordering everything, but it needs to be soon so everything has enough time to ship. I've been super crammed with time, and so I'm getting a bit confused and making mistakes like asking this last minute :blush:

2 years of work and everything comes down to a few days. yikes :tongue:

Anyway, any help would be greatly, GREATLY appreciated. (I'll give you a part of the city! ...kidding. I'm just kidding.)

Thank you!

I have used the program "brickstore" to get an average price for entire mocs, and used it to get an estimate of $0.12 average per piece. But I am wondering if anyone familiar with it knows if you can set a price to every piece (like the average it allows you to set the pieces to) and then upload a wanted-list that INCLUDES those set prices as maximums.

Does that make any sense? :laugh:

The reason being that I noticed that you can set price maximums that will constrict the search when looking at stores in the "by shop" view. But with 1,900 lots, searching for the average price and then setting individual price maximums for all of them is a mountainous task.

So aka, is there any program that generates xml wanted-lists that can also auto-set price maximums?

Edited by alienwar9

well, some good news. I converged the separate wanted lists into 1 and now there are only 1,119 lots! I saved many hours of work there :cry_happy:

[...] if anyone familiar with it knows if you can set a price to every piece (like the average it allows you to set the pieces to) and then upload a wanted-list that INCLUDES those set prices as maximums.

Did you try to contact the author of Brickstore or check if there is another utility that makes the work?

The new index enlist various utilities, perhaps one of that is good for you.

I looked through the index, but none of the utilities have the feature that I need. Bricklink's list of wanted-list creator programs also don't have the feature. The only one I've found that comes close is brickstore, since it gathers price data from bricklink. But I'm not sure if the author of Brickstore will reply quickly enough (I think he is from Germany). (The site also hasn't been modified in 4 years :look:)

I've gotten through 5 out of 23 pages of pieces so far though! :sick: