Loco de Lego

What're your favorite and least favorite Star Wars sets?

My favourite set has to be the Republic Attack Shuttle. Although the minifigs were a bit random, would have liked to see Rex and/or Ahsoka instead of Windu. It was overall by far my favourite set all around.

My least favourite has to be... the original clone turbo. I just found the build and the entire model a little overrated.

Favorites (Note: all are minifigure based playsets)-

10188 Death Star

10144 Sandcrawler

10236 Ewok Village

6210 Jabba's Sail Barge

9516+75005 Jabba's Palace and Rancor Pit

Honorable Mention-

7965 Millennium Falcon

8038 Battle of Endor

7754 Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser

7140 X-Wing Fighter

Least Favorite-

7664 TIE Crawler

7672 Rogue Shadow

7656 General Greivous Starfighter

7663 Sith Infiltrator

7752 Count Dooku's Solar Sailer

To me, the best SW set would have to be 10179 and 10030. I really wish I could have purchased the ISD when I was younger but like many here, I was still stuck in my dark ages. I remedied that by buying 10221 but it just isn't the same.

My favorite is palpatines arrest, the clone wars LAAT, and Anakin Skywalkers Jedi star fighter, the green one.

Worst:brickpicker_set_7961_2.jpg

For me I have to say that this was the worst set of the entire line by far. It was the first set to usher in this theory of 'buying the set only because of the minifigures'. The build is awful and poorly designed, having to lift the entire front section just to get to the speeder, exposing a clunky build, unsightly technic beams and not to mention the afterthought flickfires. The 2006 version holds up much better, and doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth that I spent $90 on this.

Best: LG9500lg.jpg

While I only played TOR for a couple of months, I still picked this up just because of how interesting it looked. Being very surprised when I realized how sturdy of a build it is. Even if you don't like TOR, it still fits in with the other TIE fighters and our minifigures can easily blend in with other Star Wars MOCS.

Best:

Jedi defender class cruiser

Millennium Falcon (2011)

HH-87 Starhopper

Mandalorian speeder

Sail barge (2013)

Worst:

Certainly not the worst set but a very poor one indeed, Slave I (2010), the only thing good about the sets were the mini figures, the cockpit was poor, and the wing mechanism was awful and not very smooth, poor boba probably needed bandages like dengar around his head when he arrived at jabbas palace!

Okay so I want to know what is the best Star wars film in Star wars Lego. The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, A new hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi or the Clone wars. And I want to know why you think that that particular movie has the best Lego range.

For me personally the best Lego range comes from Return of the Jedi because there is almost a Lego set dedicated to every scene in that film, and the set quality is very high, for example 'The Battle of Endor' set is one of the best Lego Star Wars sets ever produced, and the latest Jabba's Palace and Rancor pit and both sail barges are amazing sets with a vast collection of mini figures. And let's not forget the Imperial Inspection set where we get Emperor Palpatines shuttle. :)

RoTJ, ESB, and RotS. They have a ton of sets on those movies, and yet, I still only have a few. I plan to get much more though. Anyway, off topic, but those are my picks. TCW tv series maybe, but not enough vehicles and figs from that theme have been made. I'm a Clone Wars freak.

Yup I agree with this, however I'm also considering ROTS. Sure the 2014 winter line has mediocre ROTS sets, but if you look back at the ones they have made in the past they look amazing. But I guess in the end ROTJ is better because those sets have the best minifigures.

I know it's a little late but welcome to Eurobricks, you seem to be a big lego star wars fan and you have good taste, are you going to post those reviews you were talking about the other day?

Definitely the Original Trilogy as a whole. Just about everything you could ask for has been covered from each individual film. There's not really a whole lot left to be done outside of a few updates.

I'm kind of torn on ROTS. Its had a great selection of sets, but most of the ships and vehicles from that movie are so obscure and barely on screen that nothing is really memorable. There are some exceptions like the Jedi Interceptor and Venator but even they don't live up to the original Jedi Starfighter or classic Star Destroyer.

TPM, AOTC and TCW still feel somewhat incomplete to me.

Okay so I want to know what is the best Star wars film in Star wars Lego. The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, A new hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi or the Clone wars. And I want to know why you think that that particular movie has the best Lego range...

We already have a topic for discussing your favorite and least favorite Star Wars sets. We don't need multiple topics for discussing variations on that question; that'll just inevitably lead to spamming of ever-more slightly varied and slightly more precise versions of the question.

Merging...

...and done.

Yup I agree with this, however I'm also considering ROTS. Sure the 2014 winter line has mediocre ROTS sets, but if you look back at the ones they have made in the past they look amazing. But I guess in the end ROTJ is better because those sets have the best minifigures.

I know it's a little late but welcome to Eurobricks, you seem to be a big lego star wars fan and you have good taste, are you going to post those reviews you were talking about the other day?

I wanted to post a Lego review for the latest AT-TE and I will if the forum doesn't stuff me around again. Thanks.

I'd say the 2012 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor, although the upcoming remake of the yellow one looks even better. The Jedi Interceptors are some of my favourite ships, and as sets they offer so much swooshability in a nice, compact one-man starfighter.

I also like Palpatine's Arrest, solely because I love that scene.

And judging from what we've seen so far, the new Cantina may be up there on my list as well.

I want to buy that interceptor just to get ROTS version of Nute Gunray ;)

Its a nice fig, but unless you're interested in the whole set, just get the fig online.

Just as the title says, what is your favorite Lego Star Wars ship? Doesn't matter if it is Original Trilogy, Prequel Trilogy, Clone Wars, Old Republic or what ever else you can imagine. Just your all-time favorite. Mine is this one75004_alt1.jpg

Just to be clear, only the ship, not the entire set, not the figs included.

Just as the title says, what is your favorite Lego Star Wars ship? Doesn't matter if it is Original Trilogy, Prequel Trilogy, Clone Wars, Old Republic or what ever else you can imagine. Just your all-time favorite. Mine is this one

[snip]

Just to be clear, only the ship, not the entire set, not the figs included.

We've already got a topic for your favorite and least favorite sets; I'll merge this with that one...

...done.

8129 at-at walker. The at-at is my favorite star wars vehicle and this set captures it perfectly.