Loco de Lego

What're your favorite and least favorite Star Wars sets?

The death star will have to be my favorite. There is just so much detail and those iconic scenes. who would not want a large lego planet set anyway.

For me it would be the USC MF. The size and detail is unmatched. If I had to go for minifigs, it would be 10188 Death Star. Don't think there any other set with so many minifigs.

Among those I definitely 10221

but when will the shipment of 10,030 he will be better than the ones I have!

Among the dreams, 10179 ....

My favorite has to be the AT-RT from 2005, a simple set, yet it's one of my most memorable sets, it would always somehow break apart, yet I'd always find a way to put all the pieces back together. The Slave 1 from 2006 was also the crown jewel of my Lego collection for quite sometime.

Edited by Honorable

For me, it would have to be the 7110 Landspeeder set, because of the overly-simplistic design and the lack of creativity.

Edited by Brickdoctor
This post was originally its own topic with a similar purpose. Removed the sentence that only made sense if this post was its own topic.

But now my post makes no sense.

I removed the sentence that only applied to the original topic, so now your post makes more sense. :classic:

I removed the sentence that only applied to the original topic, so now your post makes more sense. :classic:

Thanks!

I can forgive the early stuff as it was new after all, but for me the worst as far as design and build enjoyment was probably the ship from the Force Unleashed game. Design was flimsy and it looks awful. A lot of this though can be labeled at the original game design though. Luckily I got it in a sale and only got it for the figures

Well, i saw this thread pop up in the list every once in a while but i didn't know what set to call the least favourite. 8098 (Clone 'Turbo' Tank), 8128 (Cad Bane's Speeder), 7930 (Bounty Hunter 'Assault Ship'), 7957 (Sith Nightspeeder), 9491 ('Geonosian Cannon' - with Zombies!!!), 75013 (Umbarran MHC) all are hot contenders for the title.

Now, TLG finally took that carriage from me. 75024 clearly is the most awful thing they ever released. To me, everything about it is plain ugly, the minifigs crowning this subterranean thingy.

Ah, and i forgot to mention that 9497 (Republic Striker-Class Fighter) comes a close second, being absolutely uninspired and uninspiring except for one minifig - yet unique Satele Shan. It simply was a bad choice for a ship, while the KOTOR era offers some alternatives to choose from.

Edited by Ki-Adi-Mundi

The Tie Crawler is certainly on the list. It's a good looking and intriguing distinctive display piece. There is just no way to pick it up or actually play with it, without the whole thing flopping around wildly.

I would say The Death Star, it's too big

I'm sorry but that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard "I don't like the largest ship in the SWU because it's too big."

The Tie Crawler is certainly on the list. It's a good looking and intriguing distinctive display piece. There is just no way to pick it up or actually play with it, without the whole thing flopping around wildly.

I agrean except I would leave out good looking.

Now, TLG finally took that carriage from me. 75024 clearly is the most awful thing they ever released. To me, everything about it is plain ugly, the minifigs crowning this subterranean thingy.

Can you really blame TLG for this? The source material is just awful already.

For me it would have to be 7681 Or Separatist Spider Droid. It for me, was a set which was flimsy and not very well put together. It had little use and overall was not worth-I think it was-£20. Sure you got Commander Fox but that was about the only decent thing.

In my opinion it would be

episode 3 "ultimate lightsaber duel"

expanded universe " TIE crawler"

The Ultimate Lightsaber Duel was definitely the worst.

I don't know if it's the "worst set ever", but 9515 The Clone Wars Malevolence is pretty lame in it's own right;

- ugly cartoony figs

- ugly ship in bright color just looks wrong

- missle firing function where the ion weapon should be

- "train" that goes about two centimeters

The engines and the sticker detail are the only good things about this set, except if you want some technic and blue plates.

A set I will never get is the "HH-87 Starhooper", it looks like something my little nephew made from spare bricks...

I agrean except I would leave out good looking.

LOL it's really not that bad to look act, except for the horrid blue trim. Lets agree to say it is at least distinctive and eye catching. I find That newcomers to my office seem to fixate on it to ask questions about. They recognize the other Tie craft.

Since I started this topic, I've changed my mind a lot of times, but now it rests to the Starhopper set. It looks horrible, and the minifigures just don't make up for that.