Loco de Lego

What're your favorite and least favorite Star Wars sets?

Personally i think 7931 T-6 Jedi Shuttle is the worst of sets i own. The wings look okay frm one side but look awful the other side :sick: and it clearly shows when the wings are sideways. Also the wings arnt even in the center of the ship which looks odd. The cockpit could barely fit two of the four minifigures you get and has a lot of tan pieces. i dont know why but i hate it when lego throws in tan pieces into many star wars sets. It doesnt bother me in sets like desert skiff or jabba's palace but rather when they put them in every other ship. They just look so out of place especially when there not covered up. I got this set on sale for $15 and was still dissapointed by it. :hmpf_bad:

The minifigures were probably the saving grace of that set. The pieces were okay. There was only one in the whole store.

The Twilight is one of the more disappointing sets. Not simply because its an ugly and unloved ship, but because its a horrible Lego rendition of a ship that should have been tailor made for Lego. It's a box with wings. The actual interior is well mapped out and defined. Cockpit, opening back hatch to cargo bay, etc. it could have been well done without all the technic carp and gears and such.

I would have to say the worst lego star wars set at the moment would be the 7190 Millennium Falcon From the Year 2000. I know lego star wars was still starting out at that time, but the set still seems very poorly built. Just look at the cockpit of the ship, its just terrible, its looks like a box almost. I don't want to get anyone angry with my comments though as I pretty sure my love for my 7710 Luke's Landspeeder or my 7144 Slave 1 would raise some debate. Just my personal view on this set. Hopefully, this stays my least favorite set and the lego star wars sets from 2013 don't end up repalceing it.

Edited by North Lego Star

I'd say anything 1999-2003 was well below the standard of even an intermediate MOCer - just shameful stuff

The winner would be the mult colour TIE bomber. Was it intentional that not only would the design be crude but the colours would be almost humorously off?!

I disagree, I think the line just beginning 99-03 maxed out the possibilities with the pieces they had. In retrospect, they aren't too great but the classics are great. The AT-ST (2000) was pretty horrible on a new level though.

My favorite is the 7964 Republic Frigate. Also I really like the UCS Imp shuttle but it's not fair compared to the normal SW sets :laugh:

The one and only 10123 Cloud City, a thing of beauty. I have got it in MISB condition. The best box in my collection. :grin:

I'll get in the line for "there's so many" and I can't decide. :laugh:

Well though, some of my faves are the original LAAT and MTT, the 2004 and and 2012 X-Wings, the 2008 AT-TE, Obi-Wan's JSF from the Episode lI line, and of course the Death Star. If I had to single one set out as my absolute favourite... probably the the second-gen Millenium Falcon.

I've only really started collecting: my favourite 2 sets which I haven't got would be the 2007 MTT and the 2008 AT-TE.

My favorite SW set would have to be the 4483 AT-AT. From the beginning back in 1999 I looked forward to this release, wondering how it would be designed. I couldn't help but be a little worried considering how they treated Slave-1 in 2000, but all my worries went away when I saw the first pics. It's a massive, beautiful set with a nice selection of minifigs- and $100 for a thousand pieces wasn't bad, either.

Also near the top of my list are the 2007 MTT (possibly the best redesign ever), UCS ISD (I was actually stunned when this one was announced), 2006 Slave-1 (again, one of the best redesigns), Technic Destroyer Droid (Hasbro never could figure out- or never tried- to make a functioning Droideka so I congratulate LEGO for this one), Battle of Endor (perfect playset and one of the best minifig selections of all time), and 10188 Death Star- just amazing in every way.

I'm also a big fan of all three System scale Millennium Falcons. I loved the first one, and since there was nothing to compare it to, the design never bothered me. When 4504 was announced, I thought it looked amazing and much more accurate. The 2011 version improved the design even more, allowing you to flip the ship upside down without the top hull falling open.

I really like the 6211 ISD, one of my biggest sets, and I also love 10225 R2-D2. Both well designed and good play features.

AT-PT for the nice building technique in spite of the price. A kit I've never bought (even if I have mostly the entire classic trilogy collection, some piece in multiple copies) is the A-wing, illogically expensive due to the few and extremely common pieces.

I can't believe I haven't answered to one of this threads, but as this pops up on page one, I share my opinion of buying LSW since 1999.

Top one favorite should be 9492 TIE Fighter. While not my favorite ship in the movies, the model and set is just stunning.

Close runner-ups are 7676 LAAT/i (I do dislike the CW series but this one is a great model and set despite some flaws), 7965 Falcon (my favorite ship in the movies, a decent model but a little lacking interior), 4483 AT-AT (years ahead at that time and simply beautiful still today). The 2 playsets 8038 Endor and 9516 Jabbas Palace are really good as well, with Endor being the closest competitor to the TIE as the best set. JP is a great set but horribly overpriced.

Mine's the 7191 UCS X-WING. I felt in love with it at the moment of first seeing. It has always been my favourite ship since I first saw it on in Ep. IV. Despite its minor design flaws it's a big bad-megablocks eye-catcher. Just a sheer beauty. I really really love it. Can't keep my eyes of it! :D

Edited by calculon

If I had to get rid of all Lego SW and keep only one set that would be the 10144 Sandcrawler. Being a fan of the OT and ground vehicles one could not ask for a better Lego set, its an imposing looking vehicle and in the movie represents the point where luke would give up his day job as a farmer and become a Jedi, it is a great rendition of the original vehicle and still the only set to come with jawas, luv it so much i still haven't built it due to space :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

8444532460_61179b0d4e_n.jpg