Sting

Favourite/Least Favourite Pirate Minifig!

X-D

Choose your favourite Pirate Minifigure and least Favourite Pirate Minifigure. I am going to make mine Simple - just FAVOURITE MINIFIGURE and LEAST FAVOURITE MINIFIGURE. You can divide it into Imperial/Pirate/Islander if you want, but I am going to keep mine simple.

FAVOURITE - Imperial Guard Admiral - I just like this guy. He was only in 3 sets and the red looked alot nicer than the blue IMO. I liked the white gloves too.

pi074.jpg

LEAST FAVOURITE - King Kahuka - not even a bad fig. I just have way too many for the few Islander sets I have. And I really wish we got Azteks or Incas instead of these Cannibal influenced figs!

pi068.jpg

How about we do not count the 4+ Pirates because those are pure junk. Obviously everyone would hate those terrible things.

LOL, that face is awful. I think at 4 I would be scared of that inbred looking thing!

How about we do not count the 4+ Pirates because those are pure junk. Obviously everyone would hate those terrible things.

Hmmm... I can't really decide. I was thinking about this guy pi071.gif (too much yellow) but he's not an official minifig. So this is my choice

pi041.jpg since that's probably my least favorite color combination.

LOL, that face is awful. I think at 4 I would be scared of that inbred looking thing!

lol.gif

Long live the mighty Imperial Armada!

Imperial_Armada_Red_Captain.jpg

These guys are so boring because there's so many minor variations of them...

Pirate_bluewhite_stripes_shirt8.jpg

But there are variations of them. They're basically the matter of a molecule.

I was trying to compare small to big. I may have messed that one up, with order or something. So then, electron of an atom. Basically, I'm sayin these guys you refer to are the basic unit of the pirate crew.

Am I that obvious? Is it you that is stating the obvious? J/k :-P . I misunderstood what you said, I thought you were confused.

Imperial Guard Admiral = my favourite

Imperial Armada = my least favourite - based on 1600's and a different centuary to that of the first pirate sets.

I agree UKDevilz in that it looks like the Imperial Armada are more of Conquistadors than Colonial Guards. But I do love the Imperial Armada figs.

My all time favorite figure is this one pi053.jpg

When it comes to custom figures, I've made some nice ones using torsos from Harry Potter with Knight's Kingdom heads, and assorted headgear. (tricorns, hair, et cetera)

Thee Pirate - I agree, the brown shirted pirate/merchant man looks authentic. shame that other pirates didnt differ they are plain and same old...

Probable this is not a surprise but these are my all time favorite lego minifigs: pi061.gif and pi071.gif

I just love these guys!

Least favorite.... difficult question. Maybe this guy: pi024.gif

I don't like that knife.

Favorite:

pi065.jpg

I like the tricorn better than the bicorn as it has greater versatility.

Runner up:

pi036.jpg

Tricorn with a nice looking versatile torso and nice peg-leg.

Least Favorite:

pi076.gif

Hate the color coordination and I tend to think the striped "tank-top" is unrealistic. The red pants look so stupid...

Runner up:

pi023.jpg

I like a peg-leg put this is taking the pirate cleche'd stereotype way to far, peg-leg, hook hand AND eyepatch, yuch. I have the same problem with Redbeard but at least he has a cool torso, this guy has very ragged, ripped-up solid red "uniform" with very formal epaulettes comletely intact on the shoulders. I also wish the Jolley Rogers could stay on the flags and off the cranial attire, I'm one for realism. The knife doesn't bother me all that much.

Now see how the hats in those two pictures are facing opposite directions, most of Bricklinks' pictures have the hat flat in the front. Now am I mistaken or is this "backwards", isn't the hat supposed to be worn with a piont facing forward like shown in the first picture?

Why are we having "runner ups", Mr Sting wrote:

Choose your favourite Pirate Minifigure and least Favourite Pirate Minifigure. I am going to make mine Simple - just FAVOURITE MINIFIGURE and LEAST FAVOURITE MINIFIGURE.

Probable this is not a surprise but these are my all time favorite lego minifigs: pi061.gif and pi071.gif

I just love these guys!

How can you like the second "minifig"? He doesn't come in any official sets. :-P

With the tricorn hats, I always thought it should be flat in the back and point in the front with these imperial figures

pi065.gifpi063.gifpi060.gif since it looks a little more formal, at least to me. Also these guys pi053.gifpi054.gif since they don't look like common pirates. I think all other images, at least the small images, of the pirates with the tricorn hat have it flat in front and point in back.

The Red Imperial Guard Grunt with Yellow Epaulettes is displayed on the box or instructions of the Imperial Flagship in one the Alternate models. Would that make him official? He would probably be a Seargent or something.

And Mr.Phes, if they choose to have runner ups it is up to them. I was simply too lazy to do more than 2 embedded pictures X-D

How can you like the second "minifig"? He doesn't come in any official sets. :-P

You're right about the fact that it is in in none of the sets, but it should be !

I think the one with the blue epauletes looks good but its not historic correct.

The Red Imperial Guard Grunt with Yellow Epaulettes is displayed on the box or instructions of the Imperial Flagship in one the Alternate models.

Do you have a link to this picture?

I would really like to see it.