LegoFan03

Next Modular Building?

I suppose it is imaginable that they would have for some reason changed the releasing order of upcoming modular buildings since early April when Jamie cast that burning soup hint. That would make both Jamie and pezdez correct at their time.

Of course it's also possible that Jamie is actually just a bad cook and did, in fact, once manage to burn soup. He's a tricksy fellow at times. :laugh:

If it is a cinema, they do have candy/snack bars....burning soup could be really pop corn or......no_soup_for_you.jpg

Perhaps looking closely at the town hall a clue might appear...or maybe not ! :blush:

Her name was Astrid. And, as it turns out, that Astrid.

Dooohh!!! I fell your pain :cry_sad: That wedding would have been a whole lot'a fun, if you'ved known.

My Lego-buddy went to Lego-world this year in cobenhagen without me. Had to go to Ikea with the wife :sick: Off all the thousands of people at Lego-world, my buddy just happened to run into Jamie. Off course he texted me, while I was looking af a couch named "Johann" :cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad:

Sorry Ricecracker!!! Off topic. Who wouldn't want a hot bowl off soup at the movie? I could easily imagine the steamy fumes in the dark theater :laugh:

It is seem that both rumors what we are hearing are cinemas or restaurant might be next Lego modular building so far. Maybe we would see both of them come out as one big set or two separate sets in the near future?

So something along the line of Sonicstarlight's Galaxy Diner and Empire Theatre combo? How good would that be?

Offtopic, Multiverse,I actually meet and talked To Jamie last year at legoworld in Zwolle,the Netherlands. He was really nicve and hee showed a friend, who was quite new at the hobby, al the details of the pet Shop. I even took a picture with Jamie. He was a really nice guy.

On topic, I guess that it will be a corner building since after 2''normal'' buildings there,comes a corner. I really hopee it will be designeed by astrid again. But time will learn uss :classic:

Someone who had seen the catalog said it was a cinema (I think)

This set would not show up in any catalog for retailers!

The only catalogs these are listed in are the S@H catalogs, and this only after release!

I would love to see something like an urban train station where you could have buses and a train if you wanted to add it. :classic:

Someone who had seen the catalog said it was a cinema (I think)

Am I alone in hoping that he Cinema is called the "Monarch Theater" and has signage for a Zorro movie?

Edited by Faefrost

The modular is released in MARCH every year and they keep it under wraps for as long as possible. No sense it ever thinking about this until after Xmas.

The modular is released in MARCH every year and they keep it under wraps for as long as possible. No sense it ever thinking about this until after Xmas.

That's not always true. We had a couple modular buildings released in the fall before.

That's not always true. We had a couple modular buildings released in the fall before.

Actually not all Modulars where released in March but most!

10182 CC March 10th. 2007

10185 GG March 1st. 2008

10197 FB Sept. 4th. 2009

10211 GE March 1st. 2010

10218 PS May 10th. 2011

10224 TH March 1st. 2012

I here that lego plans to make exclusive sets available a little sooner for VIP customers!

Like September 24th for the 10229 WVC!? :thumbup:

Edited by GRogall

10185 GG March 1st. 2008

10197 FB Sept. 4th. 2009

10211 GE March 1st. 2010

10218 PS May 10th. 2011

10224 TH March 1st. 2012

I here that lego plans to make exclusive sets available a little sooner for VIP customers!

Like September 27th for the 10229 WVC!? :thumbup:

Thanks for the clarification. :)

So something along the line of Sonicstarlight's Galaxy Diner and Empire Theatre combo? How good would that be?

That would be so awesome! I drool every time I look at that picture.

10185 GG March 1st. 2008

10197 FB Sept. 4th. 2009

10211 GE March 1st. 2010

10218 PS May 10th. 2011

10224 TH March 1st. 2012

Like September 27th for the 10229 WVC!? :thumbup:

That is not ok! I won't be ready to buy it then... :laugh:

As also posted in the 2013 City thread, it seems there really is a cinema coming, although it's slightly cheaper than the usual modular:

The "pezdez" person was the only one who claimed that a cinema was on the way, so until now I couldn't entirely believe him. But yesterday someone at 1000steine said ( www.1000steine.de / de / gemeinschaft / forum / ?entry=1&id=12841 ; in German)

mir liegt eine Preisliste vor, in der der Zug mit 99,99 EUR als unverbindliche Preisempfehlung genannt wird. Ich gehe davon aus, dass sich der Preis so schnell auch nicht ändern wird.

Außerdem findet sich ein Set mit Namen 10232 Palace Cinema zum Preis von 129,99 EUR in der Liste. Genau wie der Zug in der Kategorie "Creator".

which roughly translates into

I have a price list that says the [new Creator] train has a recommended retail price of 99,99 EUR. I presume that the price won't change any time soon.

Also, there is a set with the name 10232 Palace Cinema at a price of 129,99 EUR in the list. Just like the train in the category "Creator".

Yes, yes, yes .... that's some great information. "Palace Cinema" sounds grand and old-school. Really looking forward to this. The price in Euro is strangely low though.

Sounds interesting.... If it is true...

I would guess we are due for another corner building after having 2 straight ones in a row. A corner would give more 'depth' than the classic straight facing buildings allowing perhaps for the screen.

I'm also guessing the pricing is not to upset people like last time with the town hall when it went up significantly. It will probably be a cheaper set to manufacture as cinema's generally don't have too many windows and a lot of small rooms. Perhaps this will be more in line with the 'petshop' pricing and piece count.

The fact that creator will have an 'expert' selection of sets next year suggest to me similar ideas to the 'Horizon express' with alternative building techniques such as sideways which lends itself to classic cinema detailing 'Sonicstarlights' creation being one of many great examples I have seen online. I think if we do see a modular cinema it will be more based on an American cinema as the last couple of buildings have been quite European and only on two floors. It would also be nice to see a new colour.

Just my thoughts! :classic:

It does sound grand. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Palace Cinema sounds interesting as a Modular Building or a Creator (Expert) set. And I definitely have nothing against the price set at 130 EUR. Luckily, 2013 is nearer every day, so extra news of the upcoming sets is more likely coming in the next weeks.

When Jamie Berard presented the new Horizon Express set in Skærbæk, labeled as a Creator Expert set instead of a regular Exclusive, he mentioned that it was just a re-branding of the series. So there's no need to read more into the branding than that.

The morning before the forum crashed, the hot talk here was about a yellow Cinema that 'LegoCityMann' (of this forum) said to have seen in his Lego Store.

I thought it was interesting, so I had it printed out and will kind of restore it here. (LegoCityMann, PM me if you mind). FYI, the typos are mostly his:

(original post from 07 October 2012 - 06:38 PM)

I have looked online but I cannot find the picture I saw at The Lego Store on Friday.

The picture I saw was a 3 Story Yellow theater. 4 doors on the first floor in a recessed entrance. On either side of the entrance was large posters, printed glass (Like ninjago dragon screens). The second/third stories had columns above a marquee sign. Between the columns were stacked 2x2 windows. Very art deco looking.

Oddly enought though not made of Lego. I found a picture that looks surprising similar to what I saw at The Lego Store

(link to the first image of http://cinematreasur.../theaters/18700 )

(original post from 08 (or 9th?) October 2012 - 09:14 PM)

I was filling cups at the pick-a-brick behind the registers and it was on the monitor there. Got to look at it for about a minute or so before the cashier changed to the ordering screen.

It looked Yellow, but then I have trouble with colors, expecially on computer moniters.

Someone else then pointed out that the (real) cinema of the above image is located in Frogmoor Square, High Wycombe, UK.

Interestingly, a Lego Fan built exactly that cinema in March 2011, see http://www.flickr.co...gga/5493146098/ .

Edited by sgeureka

sgeureka, that looks just like the cinema I saw, but it had a marquee above the entrance and there were signs in the windows. It was on a street with cars on it and there were minifigs going into the theatre.