LegoFan03

Next Modular Building?

Isn't his years Winter Village building the Post Office? I'm not sure they old do two like that?

Technically it was last years Winter Village set, we haven't heard about this years yet.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Found this on Brickshelf. With a little effort this could be made into a modular. Looks great, with interior.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/grogall/Monster-Fighter/10228/a_10228_box_front.jpg

For more, here is the link

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=505189

Edited by Ricecracker
Changed oversized pic to link

...With a little effort this could be made into a modular.

You'd have to find a different hinge solution because the bit that sticks out wouldn't allow the two buildings to sit flush.

Edited by gotoAndLego

I'm hoping for something like a motorcycle shop. You could probably integrate it in a modular building in interesting ways.

I usually don't comment on older threads in forums, but since somebody already bumped this thread today (and since this line is what pulled me out of the Dark Ages)...

I really wouldn't mind a restaurant, bowling ally, school/library (to lesser extents), or a theater (although the theatre would probably bump the MOC I am currently designing) - preferably something that can contrast with the boxiness of the Fire Brigade and Town Hall. Others in my family would love to see a hospital (I could go either way). Although they are popular requests, I just really don't want to see a police station, bank, etc. While Lego has obviously never done a modular of those, at times, I still feel like those ideas/themes seem overused. Hopefully we will start getting some hints later this fall.

I'd love to see a cinema, post office, bank or library.

As a lover of film and the cinema, this would be fantastic! It could resemble the outside of the cinema in the Town Plan set (that I regret not buying), and have a snack bar, cinema with a fair bit of seating, and maybe a light brick with various translucent slide bricks that could project onto the screen (similar to the one in that Agents' truck set).

...and maybe a light brick with various translucent slide bricks that could project onto the screen (similar to the one in that Agents' truck set).

Or an iPhone dock to show real movies :D

As a lover of film and the cinema, this would be fantastic! It could resemble the outside of the cinema in the Town Plan set (that I regret not buying), and have a snack bar, cinema with a fair bit of seating, and maybe a light brick with various translucent slide bricks that could project onto the screen (similar to the one in that Agents' truck set).

I regret it too. I hope Cinemas modular is one of Lego's top five modular buildings list to release in the near future.

Edited by LegoFan03

The next modular will likely be a corner building:

Cafe Corner (corner) - Green Grocer - Fire Brigade - Grand Emporium (corner) - Pet Shop - Town Hall - X (corner)

I would love to see a corner bank or post office. Not sure if a corner cinema would work, I's sort of prefer it to be a normal modular so that it could have two large auditoriums.

Edited by Sammael

If it is a corner that would be great for a Cinema or Theatre.

We are likely to get a Bank or maybe a Police precinct building.

The next modular will likely be a corner

Maybe it's because of my layout and I am biased without realizing it, but I really would rather have a normal (not corner) modular again, especially if it is a theatre.

We are likely to get a Bank or maybe a Police precinct building.

I really hope not. I would love to see something more out of the box (even though those are popular requests).

I went back to the first Town Hall thread and noticed we first got info about it on 24 August 2011, so maybe we will have something soon. I'm still betting on a restaurant.

The next modular will likely be a corner building:

Cafe Corner (corner) - Green Grocer - Fire Brigade - Grand Emporium (corner) - Pet Shop - Town Hall - X (corner)

I would love to see a corner bank or post office. Not sure if a corner cinema would work, I's sort of prefer it to be a normal modular so that it could have two large auditoriums.

Yeah, I think a corner building is coming next. I can't wait till were able to make a complete square. I don't particularly want a police station. Already have too many. Unless they make it as awesome as they did 10197 Fire Brigade. Whatever it is, I'll buy it. I'm hooked. :cry_sad:

I'm not sure what the next modular set will be but that's what I like about the Modular series - The surprise when the next Modular is announced. :thumbup:

I'm not sure what the next modular set will be but that's what I like about the Modular series - The surprise when the next Modular is announced. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

yeah, I love the suspense of it.

I went back to the first Town Hall thread and noticed we first got info about it on 24 August 2011, so maybe we will have something soon. I'm still betting on a restaurant.

You're right! I hope we will get information about next modular building really son. "Fingers crossed"