Sign in to follow this  
Lobot

MOC Droid Factory (classic GL humour)

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This is my entry for the Episode II CB.

This is built using a couple of screenshots from the film. It's the part where C-3PO gets his head ripped-off in classic GL comedic-style, allowing for yet more (humour) later in the film. Perhaps it's me but didn't this sort of happen again in Episode V....you'd have thought they would have built him a bit better. But I digress....! :wink:

I tried to make it fairly accurate, but I added a little 'artistic licence' in a few places to make it a bit more interesting! I'm moderately pleased with the results, illuminated with 6 sets of Technic LEDs. I wanted to make the 'welding arms' better, but was limited by a lack of talent and parts!

Anyway, I hope that you like it. C & C welcome :classic:

My favourite angle:

img_2438_-_copy.jpg

From above:

img_2422.jpg

Another angle:

img_2433_-_copy.jpg

Side view:

img_2436_-_copy.jpg

Cheers, Robin

:laugh: Man, I love this scene! Great MOC! I really like how you have your Geonosian BDs and the tan ones together - it looks more natural.

This is really good, I like the way it's lit, and the first shot looks like a shot fro the film.

I think you can be more than 'moderately pleased' Lobot - it looks really good :thumbup:

I think you can be more than 'moderately pleased' Lobot - it looks really good :thumbup:

Oh my, that is outstanding!

Could be a real set - beautiful.

A cool MOC of a fun scene. You definitely captured the factory look in this. The archways and the lights are a nice touch. That first picture is a great one. :wink:

good work Lobot.. :thumbup:

A quick question: are all the lights connected to the one battery box ? and if so how many lights could you possibly run....

cheers

Thanks for the comments everyone, really appreciated :blush: I originally had far bigger plans for this, but I'm buying parts for another Lego-related project which is taking up most of my spare time & money!

A quick question: are all the lights connected to the one battery box ? and if so how many lights could you possibly run....

All 6 sets are running from 1 Lego 9v battery box, without any problems. I haven't tried but I'm confident that it would take more as they're very efficient. I bought one of the Technic diggers (8043) last year and it ran 4 motors and 4 'actuators' (basically hydraulic rams but without the oil) all from one box.